Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Monsy

Yeah I'm not in a rush now either. I feel like when brands want to launch a matte foundation they need to send their testers to the tropics and see if it lasts all day *smh* lol. I'm tired of having to blot by midday!
that is very true. chicago summers are so hot and humid barely anything holds up. but you also have to think of the percentage of customers that actually lives in the tropics? probably very low.

Shars

that is very true. chicago summers are so hot and humid barely anything holds up. but you also have to think of the percentage of customers that actually lives in the tropics? probably very low.

That's all well and good except they are touting a foundation to me and claim it's mattifying and will wear for 24 hours when it seems like it can't last for 4. I can't think of anyone else apart from Combination or Oily skin people who want a mattifying foundation. They are way cheaper foundations out there that do a better job of keeping oil at bay. I've had really good wear with ELDW and the original Revlon Color Stay to name a few and I can't imagine that this new Dior foundation is anything like it. ELDW wears like iron! I would still like to try it for myself if I could get a sample but I'm glad I didn't blind buy it.

Shars

Right?! I mean, the shade range is one hurdle, but to last in the hot sun is a must.
I'm testing the Fenty 290 this week.
ETA I do find the Dior shades between 035-045 and up a bit limited

I wanted to try the Fenty but when I was stateside in November last year none of the stores had stock of the shades I thought I might be. Recently I've noticed a lot of the high end brands have been bringing out long wear mattifying foundations. YSL has one that's in my loves lists and I think their shades are usually pretty consistent across foundation lines so I may see if I can get a sample of that one. Burberry, Givenchy and Hourglass have new ones too. I'm trying to use up my foundation overflow before I buy any more, though lol.

awickedshape

Brands may not feel like they need to have a presence there but conversely they could have more customers if they felt catered to as well, by formula, shade range etc.

awickedshape

I wanted to try the Fenty but when I was stateside in November last year none of the stores had stock of the shades I thought I might be. Recently I've noticed a lot of the high end brands have been bringing out long wear mattifying foundations. YSL has one that's in my loves lists and I think their shades are usually pretty consistent across foundation lines so I may see if I can get a sample of that one. Burberry, Givenchy and Hourglass have new ones too. I'm trying to use up my foundation overflow before I buy any more, though lol.

I hear you.

These days if I do go out I wear moisturizer and Sacha FixIt powder (compact). On occasion I'll use the Kamaflage foundation mixed with the moisturizer. They have a new-ish mattifying primer that I bought but haven't tried yet. I like the simple ingredients. The primer is the only thing with ingredients I had to think twice over.
Imagine, between powders and foundations I've tried MAC, Chanel, D&G, Guerlain, Cargo, can't recall what else and I end up with ting from home lol

ETA I want to try some Tilbury face products

Last edited:

Shars

I hear you.

These days if I do go out I wear moisturizer and Sacha FixIt powder (compact). On occasion I'll use the Kamaflage foundation mixed with the moisturizer. They have a new-ish mattifying primer that I bought but haven't tried yet. I like the simple ingredients. The primer is the only thing with ingredients I had to think twice over.
Imagine, between powders and foundations I've tried MAC, Chanel, D&G, Guerlain, Cargo, can't recall what else and I end up with ting from home lol

ETA I want to try some Tilbury face products

Home drums beat first, girl lol. I keep meaning to pick up that Kamoflage foundation. People have been raving about that for the longest time.

awickedshape

Home drums beat first, girl lol. I keep meaning to pick up that Kamoflage foundation. People have been raving about that for the longest time.

Lol

It's not perfect but it's the best I've tried so far since I stopped using my Estee Lauder DayWear moisturizers and BB cream

elegant-one

I've never tried their products. I pulled that up. A balm type primer is interesting. The description is what I had in mind. I'll have to give that a try. The cost is about the same as Hourglass. I would just like to find a primer & foundation that work well together for my skin. It's quite frustrating.

Even though it's been forever I still hate that Chanel discontinued Matte Lumiere. Porcelain was a perfect match & felt so nice.

I also have no idea why companies decide to reformulate a foundation that sells well & loved by so many. Guerlain Lingerie, MUFE HD, Laura Mercier Silk Creme, YSL Touché Eclat, etc. I had never tried the YSL one but it seemed to have had a good following. All of these had great reviews until people tried the reformulated version, then came the horrible reviews. Everyone loved the original.

I really liked By Terry Cover Expert until they reformulated and added spf. It changed the foundation entirely and as with the others the bad reviews began. It had a nice finish, wore well, and I only had to tweak the lightest color to make it a bit lighter.

Did you end up ordering the Tatcha Primer then? Tatcha sent me a complimentary one today :)

elegant-one

They did?! Wow! Lucky you!:)

Yes, I was surprised. I think it's because they were having technical issues on their site & I couldn't order. I missed the lip pencil again too but I'm not sure they're bringing that back. With Firefox, there was no button to proceed through the checkout :shakehead: & by the time they figured that out, it was gone.

boschicka

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here:rofl: These are lipsticks with a clear top and one is blue. Right, I'd forgotten that Dior does the new modern colors. I LOVE Dior, but I'm not too sure about the packaging on these...I think I prefer the lipstick part to be hidden;)

Dying. Aren't these liquid/lacquer? So they're making the liquid bottom part look like a lipstick?

awickedshape

I'm not sure what I'm looking at here:rofl: These are lipsticks with a clear top and one is blue. Right, I'd forgotten that Dior does the new modern colors. I LOVE Dior, but I'm not too sure about the packaging on these...I think I prefer the lipstick part to be hidden;)

I though they were just slightly altered lacquer stick packaging

20180216_135003.jpg

Latest posts