Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Miss QQ

Re: Dior cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
MissQQ, the Quints that you posted are so gorgeous.

I am trying to decide between Petal shine and Crystal shine.

Thanks! Are you refering to the eyeshadow quints? Crystal Shine is the lip balm & gloss. The pink eyeshadow quint is Graphic Lights.

Tell us what you get!
yes.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I've tried DiorShow Iconic once. It is amazing and they gave me a sample of it. I have never tried any Dior mascara before.

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
The last thing item that I purchased was the new mascara, DiorShow Iconic. I was told this can be used as a primer. I am using it as a base and for touch ups for my DiorShow Blackout mascara. I am very pleased with it.
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
^^ I've tried DiorShow Iconic once. It is amazing and they gave me a sample of it. I have never tried any Dior mascara before.

my 3rd DiorShow Blackout is almost empty. ladies, you both made me want to get Blackout again & Iconic.... such an enabler
th_wink3.gif

Pizzicata

Thank you for this thread. When I was much younger I wore a Dior foundation for a period. I have been wearing Studio Fix Fluid NC25 for a while now and loving it. After reading the glowing reviews of Diorskin Nude here and here, I got a sample. I also signed up for a Dior event this saturday. It is hard for me to say whether or not I will switch to Diorskin. Unfortunately my skin has been freaking out (for reasons unrelated to the foundation) so it is hard to gage. Also I need to get a better sunscreen/moisturizer thing going on because what I am doing presently is making me look shiny as all get out. But, back to Dior. I am looking forward to the makeover as I could really use the pick me up. Also I am interested in the quints that many of you are so fond of. I haven't had a makeover by anyone than MAC in sooo long. It will be interesting.

Miss QQ

^^ Share the makeover experience with us! I hope you have fun this Saturday!
th_DANCE.gif

GoldenFairy

I've just tried the Dior lip glow and I have to say that it is such a great product. On me (NC42) the balm becomes a rich rosy pink colour. I picked up two - they are selling out fast!!

Miss QQ

I'm glad to hear the lip glow truly gives colour. I guess it's good for my wallet since it doesn't show much colour on me so I don't need it an expensive lip balm.
greengrin.gif

genduk26

I don't really care dior lip blam or any expensive brand. why i bother when it will be covered by lipstick or lipglass. i use burt's bees lip balm daily.

atwingirl

I have Parisian Lights and I also have the Holiday Collection(I bought that at Sephora online)eyeshadows. Both have amazing pimentation, hardly any fallout and are very easy to work with. But I do feel like they have a lot of the frost factor and I tend to tone them down with my MAC satins and mattes. I kind of figured they were worth the cost when you fiqure in the cost of four pots and a quad or a 12 shadow palette. As for their mascara, someone will have to pry it from my cold, dead fingers before I hand it over. I have no lashes, am hopeless with false ones and could never find one that I thought was worth the hype. I combine mine with the Prep and Prime lash.

cetati

I bought a bunch of stuff during Memorial's Day weekend and got an amazing soft vanity case/train case as GWP. It's about the size of the big Hello Kitty one by MAC. I love it!

There was also a one-day-only deal at my local Nordstroms for buy 2 mascaras get one free. I grabbed 1 Iconic and 1 Blackout (I'd just run out of Iconic and I've heard that they layer well), and one Iconic for my best friend.

It was a good day.

cetati

So I got Rose Brazilia during the ^above mentioned shopping trip---I had the other Coral harmonie blush for a while and I have to say I love them both so hard.. every morning I have trouble deciding which one to use. Sigh.

wannabelyn

i tried the lip glow. i had intentions of buying it but now i'm holding off. it feels so sticky...

sabrilina

Re: Dior cosmetics - new Addict Lip Polishes

I just found these at the Sephora store today and being the gloss addict that I am, bought all three, they are pictured here left to right:

* 001 Radiance Expert - a sheer beige
* 002 Fresh Expert - sheer cotton candy pink
* 003 Glow Expert - sheer tangerine/coral

And some swatches on MAC NC30/Chanel Teint Innocence Shell 1.5 skin.

sabrilina

Re: Dior cosmetics - Pearly Lilac Quint + Dupes

Here's a pic of the Pearly Lilac Quint that was in the US at Neimans. If you missed out on it, here are some dupes too.

Top left shimmery pale white gold shade is similar to:
1) MAC Pigment in Quick Frost
MAC Eyeshadow in Nylon (not pictured)

Bottom left shimmery cool rose pink shade is similar to:
2) Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Eyecolor in Bahamas
3) Chantecaille Eye Shadow in Quartz (this is now available in the iridescent formula)
4) MAC Eyeshadow in Wintersky

Center iridescent eggplant is similar to:
5) MAC Pigment in Grape
MAC Eyeshadow in Fertile (not pictured)

Bottom right frosty pale whitish pink is similar to:
6) MAC Eyeshadow in Phloof

An in-between shade of the two right shades is:
7) Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Dusk

Top right iridescent lilac is similar in effect to:
8) MAC Eyeshadow in Crystal (looks different in pan, but when swatched, almost identical)

Yushimi

Dior fan. Or was lolz.

Don't EVER buy their kohl eyeliner in white. Terrible terrible payoff. Holy smokes. It seriously sucks lolz. My Rimmel London is better.

Quads are a must in my opinion. They are my biggest favourite.

charnels

i am so in love with diorskin nude foundation. it is the only foundation i have ever seen that literally will make your skin glow, and the finish is so light and soft while still giving amazing coverage. i get compliments on my complexion every single time i wear this foundation, it never fails. it is worth every penny.
love.gif

i am in love with all of their complexion products... blushes, bronzers, highlighters. otherwise, we all already know how amazing diorshow is, and their lip products are beautiful. they do have a lot of amazing colors for their eyeshadows, but my only complaint is the payoff is usually very chalky and never very pigmented.

in conclusion, dior is by far one of my favorite makeup lines as a whole. so although they are a bit expensive, their products are so high-quality that i think it's worth every penny.
th_worship.gif

LASHionista

I love my DiorKiss
smiles.gif
its not sticky at all it smells and tastes nice and yea, its awesome
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Re: Dior cosmetics - new Addict Lip Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrilina
I just found these at the Sephora store today and being the gloss addict that I am, bought all three, they are pictured here left to right:

* 001 Radiance Expert - a sheer beige
* 002 Fresh Expert - sheer cotton candy pink
* 003 Glow Expert - sheer tangerine/coral

And some swatches on MAC NC30/Chanel Teint Innocence Shell 1.5 skin.

These are released in my country but I haven't seen them IRL yet. What is your thoughts about them? Is the colour play off good, are there any fragrance and is the gloss sticky?

blinkymei

I'm drooling over this baby... what do you think? The colors are gorgeous and so my style... I'm in love

dior-jazz-club-collection-fall-2009-night-butterfly-173-5-colour-eyeshadow.jpg

from makeupandbeautyblog.com

Latest posts