Dior Cosmetics Discussion

blinkymei

Re: Dior cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeonKitty
whoah night butterfly is out already? I'm so buying it when I see it.

I don't think so because I checked both nordstorms and macys, I think the blogger got to see the actual one because she's an influential beauty blogger

sabrilina

Re: Dior cosmetics - a few fall pictures

Some pictures from Dior Fall:

Smoky Jazz Palette 001:
Smoky+Jazz+001.jpg

Night Butterfly Quint:
Dior+Night+Butterfly.jpg

Black Plum Nail Polish:
Dior+Black+Plum+981.jpg

NeonKitty

Night butterfly and jazz club are up on the sephora site too, weren't there yesterday, so it's new today!!

blinkymei

^^ very good to know... I wonder if they are in stores too... ugh I can't help but drool

They don't have the fall collection in-store at Sephora yet (or at least not in mine) but it is available at Shopper's Drug Mart Beauty Boutiques. I picked up Night Butterfly, Smoky Jazz and a Creme de Gloss in Sweet Praline!

Cmhchic40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiaken
I tried to search but I really didn't find a good thread that would talk about Dior's make up in general so I decided to make one
smiles.gif

Dior is quite an expensive brand that maybe usually is associated with more mature women. That's what I though for long, but since then I have found a few of their products to be stables in my make up collection. Is there anyone else in here that like's Dior's make up and if so what are your favourites?

I have totally fallen in love wiht their eyeshadow (don't worry I still love me MAC as much as I did before), mascara and foundation. I've been wearing Diorskin Forever in 010 (sadly a tad too dar, but I'll manage) and I also really like the Diorshow and Diorshow BlackOut mascaras.

I am a fan of their eyeshadows. The powders are so soft they feel like creams and they are heaven to blend. I'm not a huge fan of the Diorshow mascara anymore. It seems like it dries up faster than my other mascaras and the wand seems bigger everytime I use it. However I do love the Iconic mascara - the brush is awesome!

mae13

I spotted the new collection at my SDM, and had to pick up the Night Butterfly quint. It's absolutely gorgeous and even though I flinched a little at the price - I think it's worth it.

I was much less impressed with the JazzClub palette. I had the artist put it on me, but honestly, the colors just looked sort of muddy. Meh.

I was tempted by the new plum liner, but while the application was very smooth and the color was lovely (and faintly metallic) I was turned off by the fact that it was not waterproof. And frankly, too pricy for me.

I may go back for the Creme de Gloss shades, which were quite pretty.

Has anyone ever used Dior's reward program? Each dollar spent is worth one point and there are different reward levels. When you get to the desired level you send in your receipts and get a gift! I just got my gift in the mail today. It was a really cute (and big!) travel bag, a tube of Diorshow Blackout mascara, a bronze eyeliner pencil, a mini Miss Dior Cherie perfume, and a little palette with three eyeshadows, a lipstick and a lipgloss!

glowingface

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky
Has anyone ever used Dior's reward program? Each dollar spent is worth one point and there are different reward levels. When you get to the desired level you send in your receipts and get a gift! I just got my gift in the mail today. It was a really cute (and big!) travel bag, a tube of Diorshow Blackout mascara, a bronze eyeliner pencil, a mini Miss Dior Cherie perfume, and a little palette with three eyeshadows, a lipstick and a lipgloss!

How does it work. I mean on DIOR website or DIOR counters at Dept stores or Sephora?
Pls explain some more...
th_confused_new.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
^^ thanks for the info... how much do you have to spend to get stuff?

There are different reward levels starting at 100 and going up to 1000. I sent in $750 worth of receipts for what I got.

LMD84

teh night butterfly quint looks sooo pretty! i really like dior shadows. they always go on really well and are generally quite pigmented. i have a few palettes but they always get negleted for my mac stuff!

I am lemming Dior lipglasses!!

What is your fave lipglass from Dior??

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect - Dior Fall Look - Nordstrom[/quote

At the moment my favourite is Taffeta Plum (a berry shade) but I also love Pink Liberty (rosy pink with no shimmer, a good MLBB) and Jersey Pink (pink with gold/green/pink shimmer, very unique!). Clutch Pink is really nice too, it is a pale nude pink - the colour is very similar to Mac's Underage but I like the Dior formula better.

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky

At the moment my favourite is Taffeta Plum (a berry shade) but I also love Pink Liberty (rosy pink with no shimmer, a good MLBB) and Jersey Pink (pink with gold/green/pink shimmer, very unique!). Clutch Pink is really nice too, it is a pale nude pink - the colour is very similar to Mac's Underage but I like the Dior formula better.

I am really interested in these two! Thanks!

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am really interested in these two! Thanks!

Susanne, please get Pink Liberty... it's so pretty. i think it will look good on your lips together with your teal p/g or e/s
yes.gif