Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Susanne

Re: Dior cosmetics

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
Susanne, please get Pink Liberty... it's so pretty. i think it will look good on your lips together with your teal p/g or e/s
yes.gif

th_hug.gif
I will try it as soon as I can!!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
Susanne, please get Pink Liberty... it's so pretty. i think it will look good on your lips together with your teal p/g or e/s
yes.gif

OFF Topic...I tried to respond to your PM...But it says you have your PM set not to receive messages

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanne
I am lemming Dior lipglasses!!

What is your fave lipglass from Dior??

Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect - Dior Fall Look - Nordstrom

The two ultra-gloss reflect I have are not available at this website. One of them is 377, Nylon Pink from this year's summer collection. You can see the pic here.
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f217/dior-136373/

The other one is 677, a hot fuchsia pink which I think you will like. I bought it two years ago. I will try to put up the pic just for fun.
winks.gif
I think Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect are non-tacky, decently pigmented for glosses and very shimmery. I really like them!

wannabelyn

Does anyone know about the Dior slimline lipsticks? I haven't heard of them before but I saw a picture of it in a mailer I just received.

They looked very cute.

maddiesmom

Has anyone tried the Smoky eyes mini quint from Sephora? Exactly how small is a "mini"? I am trying to decide if it is worth it.....the colors look lovely!
drools.gif

jenntoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddiesmom
Has anyone tried the Smoky eyes mini quint from Sephora? Exactly how small is a "mini"? I am trying to decide if it is worth it.....the colors look lovely!
drools.gif

I got it, it is super super super tiny. The actual eyeshadow quint inside the casing is about 1"X1". The colors are super pretty & basically it is free with the mascara purchase, but WARNING it is so tiny I was LMAO when I got it. IMO its a great little thing, if you are buying the mascara anyhow because it is adorable.

jenntoz

I just checked the pic on the Sephora site & this is an accurate size compared to the mascara
P242806_hero.jpg

Susanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenntoz
I just checked the pic on the Sephora site & this is an accurate size compared to the mascara
P242806_hero.jpg

That is.... small.

wannabelyn

Has anyone tried this? I love the look and sound of it.

From the myer website:

Dior introduces a new generation of lipsticks. Combining skincare expertise with a passion for colour, Dior has created Serum de Rouge. With a serum-like formula the texture is saturated with active ingredients and enriched with pure pigments in order to lavish the lips with radiant colour. It contains 10 times more lip care ingredients than classic Dior lipsticks to moisturise, smooth and enhance the appearance of your lips day after day. Available in 8 elegant shades. New. "A touch of colour is enough to change appearance" - Christian Dior

PAGE_007_OFFER_0011536E_ODP.JPG

Heiaken

Dior mini's really are mini, here's on compared nex to a fullsize:

049.jpg

But if you have a change to get the Smoky Light mini palette, get it. It's amazing! And sadly you can't get it as a full sized one, wich makes me sad.

mizuki~

Has anyone gotten anything from the Holiday collection? The holiday eyeshadow palette is a lovely..perfect for an everyday look. Although I must admit it's not quite as silky as the quints but it's still fantastic. Will do swatches tomorrow if anyone wishes to see
tong.gif

euphrosyne_rose

I'm sort of new to Dior as well but love everything so far that I've gotten. I bought the Nude Pink Design palette after it was recommended to me at Sephora by one of the artists there. I've been in a neutral/muted mood lately with colors so I was happy with that recommendation and love the colors. I am totally lusting after Tropical Light and so far I've also gotten Earth Reflection and Stylish Move and am waiting on an older green toned palette I got in a swap. The colors are just gorgeous in all the quints and I have the Lick of Taffy gloss and love it as well. I really want Electric Lights as well but not sure if I can pull it off.

I just bought the new Cosmo that came out and there was an article with Natasha Beddingfield featuring 80's style m/u and hair. They had a pic of a look they did using a quint called Mystic Smokys which I'm assuming isn't out yet b/c I've never heard of that one. I tried Googling it and didn't come up with much. The only 3 colors it showed in the article were the center color which looked to be a mauvey toned pink, a darker pink that had a coral cast to it and a very deep dark yummy purple, sort of like the dark purple in Stylish Move but not as plum based. Anyone heard anything about this quint??

euphrosyne_rose

Dior quint Mystic Smokys?

I had posted a response in the Dior thread but as it's buried under pages and pages of posts, I figured to get an answer to my question I needed to post my specific question where it would catch someone's eye and maybe I'd hear from someone who might know. If this needs to be moved or deleted, please do so!
yes.gif

Anyway, I got the new issue of Cosmo with Amanda Bynes on the cover and almost at the end is an article with Natasha Beddingfield featuring 80's style hair and m/u. There's a spot at the end where they featured some of the products I would assume were used on her and one was labeled as a Dior quint called Mystic Smokys. I'm relatively new to Dior but I know that some magazines get first dibs on certain products and in my Googling have never come across that particular quint. I was hoping someone had some info on it as I've searched on here and didn't find anything. The pages on the Dior thread were lengthy and I didn't come up with anything when I searched the thread.

The article only had pics of 3 of the colors, one being the center shade with the CD logo, a pretty mauvey pink. The other 2 were this really coral looking gorgeous pink and a deep, dark purple that was similar to the darkest purple in the Stylish Move quint but not as "plummy". I am already loving the quint and haven't even seen the other 2 colors so any info would be appreciated!!
th_wink3.gif

Miss QQ

^^ Sorry I haven't heard of this quint

I have Electric Lights and it is a gorgeous blue palette! You can do a soft and subtle look or really intense, dramatic look. If you like blue e/s you should get the quint.

reem2790

Re: Dior quint Mystic Smokys?

in that same issue they featured comfort msf fom mac, but that wont be released till late december. so your best be is that it's gonna be released soon

anita22

I've just gotten into Dior recently, I've gotten two eyeshadow quints and I love them
smiles.gif
Earth Reflection is my HG neutral palette, it honestly puts my MAC palettes to shame. I also have the Petal Shine palette, which isn't quite as awesome, but is still very pretty.

Tavia

New Photos and Information about Dior Makeup Spring 2010 Collection. Most of the items are Limited Edition. The collection will be launched in the mid of January 2010.The collection contains:
  • Poudrier Dentelle
  • 2 Eyeshadow Palettes (Coquette / Pearl Glow)
  • Eyeshadow Duo (Boudoir Look)
  • Crayon Eyeliner
  • Dior Lip Polish
  • Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect (2 new shades)
  • Addict High Color Lipstick (4 shades -2 of the are Limited Edition)
  • Dior Blush
  • Cream True Rose
  • Dior Vernis (2 colors)
  • Skin Flash Primer
Enjoy Girls!