Dior Cosmetics Discussion

cetati

Re: Dior cosmetics

Follow up:

Today I'm wearing the Stylish Move quintet on my eyes, with the Coral Riviera lightly applied on my cheeks (with a tad bit of a highlighter under my eyes right on top of my cheek bones to highlight) with a 187 brush. I am so, so pleased with both! Stylish Move is seriously the most amazing quintet I have EVER owned. I love it love it love it. Coral Riviera also turned out to be a lot more versatile than I thought---I didn't think it'd look too good with the cooler purples in this quintet but tried it anyway, and it is just lovely and warmed up the look a lot.

Miss QQ

^^ Stylish Move is the pink eyeshadow quint?

I bought the blue eyeshadow quint, Electric Lights. I was all set on buying the pink one but the MA did a beautiful look with the blue quint so I bought it. I may go back for the pink one. I also bought Crystal Shine, the pink balm and gloss. The casing is beautiful.
yes.gif

cetati

Stylish Move has a really pretty dark plum (almost black), with a pink shade, a sparkly white shade, a medium purple/lavender shade, and my favorite, a taupy purple shade.

sweetkiss

So I really really really want the dior addict high shine lipstick in #260 couture pink and the ultra gloss reflect in #517 clutch pink and they're both released in the spring 2009 collection and I know that some of the lipsticks & glosses are limited edition but not which ones. Does anyone know if these are? Cuz if they are limited edition I guess I'll buy them now but if they're not then I want to wait till I get money -0-;;

AudreyNicole

Oh my! I just saw pics of the new summer quint, Electric Lights and I am lemming it BAD!
drools.gif
It looks amazing!
thud.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
Oh my! I just saw pics of the new summer quint, Electric Lights and I am lemming it BAD!
drools.gif
It looks amazing!
thud.gif

iagree.gif

based on A Touch of Blusher site, I wanted to get the pink quint (859) but MACY's doesn't sell it. I bought the l/g (377)... it's such a pretty soft pink l/g.
yes.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetkiss
So I really really really want the dior addict high shine lipstick in #260 couture pink and the ultra gloss reflect in #517 clutch pink and they're both released in the spring 2009 collection and I know that some of the lipsticks & glosses are limited edition but not which ones. Does anyone know if these are? Cuz if they are limited edition I guess I'll buy them now but if they're not then I want to wait till I get money -0-;;

Go to Macy's or Nordstorm close to you & ask Dior MA over the counter. she/he will be happy to answer your questions. the problem with limited edition is they sell only few ( very small quantity !!!). i bought ultra gloss reflect from summer collection, it/s nylon pink (377). it was released @ my macy's last week.. today i was the last one who bought it. she only had 7.

I am not sure about #260, but #517 is limited edition. I heard that the pink quint is coming out later on, sometime in May. I am not sure if that's true, but I have not been able to find it anywhere.

amber_j

I've not really considered Dior as an option before because my experience (through my mother) has been that they don't really offer much choice for women of colour. But UK-based MUA Samantha Chapman (pixiwoo on YT) has been raving about the soon-to-be-released Lip Glow. Dior describe it as a "colour awakening lip balm" and it has an SPF of 10. In a nutshell, it's a balm that changes to a 'customised' pinky shade once on your lips. I know, I know... There's nothing customised about these types of products in reality!
winks.gif

But I tried Lip Glow today, loved it, and bought the last 2 in the store (it's not even supposed to be launched until next week!). Lip Glow's way better than Smashbox's O-Gloss IMHO. It doesn't have that slippery silicone feeling, nor does it change to a scary bright pink once applied. I still use O-Gloss occasionally, but I always have to use a light hand.

Another bonus is that Dior's Lip Glow seems to deliver the same level of moisturisation as my beloved Tendertones but in a handier delivery system. I was surprised how thick it felt - I was expecting something more akin to a glaze or lustre lippie from MAC. But it wasn't gross or anything.

I definitely recommend you try it out if you can track it down.
thmbup.gif
Let me know if you want pics (of the product and/or my lips). I might have time to post those tomorrow or Sunday.

amber_j

Here you go! Apologies for the lighting. It was late and I wanted to take these pics before I fell asleep.

The product (I didn't twist it all the way up in the last pic)

P1010435.jpg
P1010436.jpg

P1010437.jpg

Before & after (both at night, indoors, with flash)

DiorLipGlow-barelips.jpg

DiorLipGlow-withproduct.jpg

Wow, I've never looked at my lips this closely
shockt.gif
IRL there's a tad more colour to this, and in daylight or under fluorescent lighting the colour looks a touch more more vibrant. I love it! The MUA who sold these to me was (I think) of Mediterranean origin with medium olive skin and dark hair. Her lips turned a brighter pink colour. Samantha Chapman's lips went a deeper pink colour when she used this (see the YT vid below - 8:18 minutes in). Definitely something to try out in person before forking out £18 or the equivalent in your country
yes.gif

YouTube - Basics : Using your hands to apply make-up

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
drools.gif
It looks amazing!
thud.gif

It is! I am amazed with that quad. You can do a dramatic blue or a soft blue with that quad.

Here's my makeover with Dior where the MA used Electric Lights on my eyes, and just the silver colour from Graphic Lights.

http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/m...r-09-a-138666/

I also bought the pink quad, Graphic Lights.

This collection is gorgeous. I want to go back for the lip gloss and Pop Diamond!
th_DANCE.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
I've not really considered Dior as an option before because my experience (through my mother) has been that they don't really offer much choice for women of colour. But UK-based MUA Samantha Chapman (pixiwoo on YT) has been raving about the soon-to-be-released Lip Glow. Dior describe it as a "colour awakening lip balm" and it has an SPF of 10. In a nutshell, it's a balm that changes to a 'customised' pinky shade once on your lips. I know, I know... There's nothing customised about these types of products in reality!
winks.gif

But I tried Lip Glow today, loved it, and bought the last 2 in the store (it's not even supposed to be launched until next week!). Lip Glow's way better than Smashbox's O-Gloss IMHO. It doesn't have that slippery silicone feeling, nor does it change to a scary bright pink once applied. I still use O-Gloss occasionally, but I always have to use a light hand.

Another bonus is that Dior's Lip Glow seems to deliver the same level of moisturisation as my beloved Tendertones but in a handier delivery system. I was surprised how thick it felt - I was expecting something more akin to a glaze or lustre lippie from MAC. But it wasn't gross or anything.

I definitely recommend you try it out if you can track it down.
thmbup.gif
Let me know if you want pics (of the product and/or my lips). I might have time to post those tomorrow or Sunday.

Thanks! I tried the lip glow but the pink is very subtle. It was almost not noticeable but it conditioned my lips very well. I am not sure if it is worth the money to buy such an expensive lip balm.

genduk26

I don't know if it's only my Macy's or all Macy's nationwide but Graphic Lights quad isn't available @ my Macy's. I checked online @ nordstorm & sephora too but i couldn't find it...
ssad.gif

Miss QQ u look so pretty
yes.gif

glasswillow

Quote:
Originally Posted by genduk26
I don't know if it's only my Macy's or all Macy's nationwide but Graphic Lights quad isn't available @ my Macy's. I checked online @ nordstorm & sephora too but i couldn't find it...
ssad.gif

Same thing here.... I've looked everywhere and the only place I can find Graphic Lights is from stores in Singapore and Hong Kong. Perhaps it's an Asian exclusive?

amber_j

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Thanks! I tried the lip glow but the pink is very subtle. It was almost not noticeable but it conditioned my lips very well. I am not sure if it is worth the money to buy such an expensive lip balm.

Did you try it with a lip balm underneath? This makes the colour much more subtle (I do this for work in the mornings). If I want it to be brighter, I'll put it on 'neat'. But I agree, no point spending all that money on this if it doesn't produce the colour payoff you're looking for. I think I should check out those quints...
sneaky.gif

genduk26

Quote:
Originally Posted by glasswillow
Same thing here.... I've looked everywhere and the only place I can find Graphic Lights is from stores in Singapore and Hong Kong. Perhaps it's an Asian exclusive?

that's what i'm guessing....
ssad.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber_j
Did you try it with a lip balm underneath? This makes the colour much more subtle (I do this for work in the mornings). If I want it to be brighter, I'll put it on 'neat'. But I agree, no point spending all that money on this if it doesn't produce the colour payoff you're looking for. I think I should check out those quints...
sneaky.gif

I didn't put any lip balm. Just the lip glow, and the colour is very subtle.

Those quints are gorgeous, especially Electric Lights.

I think Graphic Lights is Asia exclusive.

SparklingWaves

MissQQ, the Quints that you posted are so gorgeous.

I am trying to decide between Petal shine and Crystal shine.

Latest posts