Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

awickedshape

:haha: I never wear blue e/s !! For some reason I don't like it on me!! But I am still tempted by that quad!! :lol:
Really? Maybe Tisse Jazz will tempt you, hmm, watch out! I've got "enough" blue e/s but you know how it is when you insist on looking for "a particular shade" of a colour lol

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
I never wear blue e/s !! For some reason I don't like it on me!! But I am still tempted by that quad!!
lol.gif
girlhaha.gif
You're a riot Vee! My fav blue palette right now is the Dior Designer 5 Colour Palette, Navy 208 because it's soft and not garish -----it looks so nice on.
The palette/shadows is/are designed to be sheer and the resultant look is so soft and pretty. I LOVE that palette!!!
Today I'm wearing a navy smokey eye with Chanel IDOV Fleur De Pierre.

awickedshape

[COLOR=0000FF] I was eyeing the blue also---I have a real weakness for it but then I'm also holding out for Chanel Blue Notes[/COLOR]:happydance:   [COLOR=0000FF] ABSOLUTELY!!!!![/COLOR]:yahoo:   [COLOR=0000FF] It should be for me too---I already have 2 Chanel blue E/S palettes---but---but---I'm weak[/COLOR]:thud:   :haha: [COLOR=0000FF]You're a riot Vee!  My fav blue palette right now is the Dior Designer 5 Colour Palette, Navy 208 because it's soft and not [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]garish -----it looks so nice on.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   The palette/shadows is/are designed [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]to be sheer [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]and the resultant look is so soft and pretty.  I LOVE that palette!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Today I'm wearing a navy smokey eye with Chanel IDOV  Fleur De Pierre.[/COLOR]
Lol!
[COLOR=0000FF]   What shade of blue moves you AWS????[/COLOR]
I like darker blues; teals and cobalt blues!

MakeupAli

I like darker blues; teals and cobalt blues!
I love those colors but for me, they are liner shades used over a gray or silvery eye-- like the Mac liner that was a brilliant cobalt blue or the Laura Mercier teal. If I did a whole shadow lid in a deep shade -- it would be too much. But a pale silvery blue I could do. I would have been tempted by Wing -- the bright mono, but the formula is don't go there.

Vineetha

[COLOR=0000FF] I was eyeing the blue also---I have a real weakness for it but then I'm also holding out for Chanel Blue Notes[/COLOR]:happydance:   [COLOR=0000FF] ABSOLUTELY!!!!![/COLOR]:yahoo:   [COLOR=0000FF] It should be for me too---I already have 2 Chanel blue E/S palettes---but---but---I'm weak[/COLOR]:thud:   :haha: [COLOR=0000FF]You're a riot Vee!  My fav blue palette right now is the Dior Designer 5 Colour Palette, Navy 208 because it's soft and not [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]garish -----it looks so nice on.[/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   The palette/shadows is/are designed [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]to be sheer [/COLOR][COLOR=0000FF]and the resultant look is so soft and pretty.  I LOVE that palette!!![/COLOR] [COLOR=0000FF]   Today I'm wearing a navy smokey eye with Chanel IDOV  Fleur De Pierre.[/COLOR]
:haha: it's true meddy!! I have very few blue e/s !! The only full blown blue quad I have is the Tom ford Emerald list!! Then few singles here and there in various palettes!! And I rarely reach for those!! But I still want that tisse jazz :D :lmao:

awickedshape

I love those colors but for me, they are liner shades used over a gray or silvery eye-- like the Mac liner that was a brilliant cobalt blue or the Laura Mercier teal. If I did a whole shadow lid in a deep shade -- it would be too much. But a pale silvery blue I could do. I would have been tempted by Wing -- the bright mono, but the formula is don't go there.
There is a nice silvery blue in the Gucci Ocean Rhapsody eyeshadow quad. I use blue e/s in the crease or outer v or a teal liner with the bronze from the YSL Fétiche palette when I wear my chocolate brown suit with the teal trim. I use the blues from Dior Blue Lagoon all over the eye because of the sheerness.

mkoparanova

Univers:

I tried it on yesterday and it's definitely a bit tricky to apply. I blended it in with a fluffy brush on one eye and it was quite easy to achieve a nice look. I tried with a finger on the other and I don't recommend this method at all - the eyeshadow stuck to my finger and there was nothing left on my eyelid. Two layers with a brush gave a pretty metallic look. Overall, I like it because it's different than the other es I own, I'm considering 2 more shades. However, it's definitely not something I'll use when I'm in a rush - I'll leave the eye tints or the IDOs for that.

ashievic

So agree with you. Yummy colors, very different, but I have no patience and yes, it still reminds me of nail polish.....super glad it works for you!!!! Sort of like orange and/or coral lipstick. I love it, but it looks awful on me. i know the new thing is like when I was just learning to play with makeup. The one shade on the lid. Plus with the silver one, you can multi task, as it can pass for a mirror!!!! Better yet, use the Dior mirror stickers that came out awhile back with the stickers for eyeliners!!!! It can be so Disco, since what is old is now again!!!!! Shiny disco ball!!!!!!

awickedshape

Univers: I tried it on yesterday and it's definitely a bit tricky to apply. I blended it in with a fluffy brush on one eye and it was quite easy to achieve a nice look. I tried with a finger on the other and I don't recommend this method at all - the eyeshadow stuck to my finger and there was nothing left on my eyelid. Two layers with a brush gave a pretty metallic look. Overall, I like it because it's different than the other es I own, I'm considering 2 more shades. However, it's definitely not something I'll use when I'm in a rush - I'll leave the eye tints or the IDOs for that. 
Lovely colour but the formula sounds a bit high maintenance now that I use my fingers for my GA eye tint and TF cream eyeshadow lol

Medgal07

That's a great idea & way that you're using them that's most flattering to you.

Quote: Originally Posted by Vineetha

girlhaha.gif
it's true meddy!! I have very few blue e/s !! The only full blown blue quad I have is the Tom ford Emerald list!! Then few singles here and there in various palettes!! And I rarely reach for those!! But I still want that tisse jazz
greengrin.gif
lmao.gif
girlhaha.gif
TF Emerald Lust /List as you've renamed it has more teal/turquoise with just that one deep navy but it's a good navy. I want that TJ too!!!
lol.gif
.....and a tissue!!!

Medgal07

Univers:

I tried it on yesterday and it's definitely a bit tricky to apply. I blended it in with a fluffy brush on one eye and it was quite easy to achieve a nice look. I tried with a finger on the other and I don't recommend this method at all - the eyeshadow stuck to my finger and there was nothing left on my eyelid. Two layers with a brush gave a pretty metallic look. Overall, I like it because it's different than the other es I own, I'm considering 2 more shades. However, it's definitely not something I'll use when I'm in a rush - I'll leave the eye tints or the IDOs for that.
That looks SO pretty Maggie. I think they'll be a skip for me because of the application issue.

Medgal07

So agree with you. Yummy colors, very different, but I have no patience and yes, it still reminds me of nail polish.....super glad it works for you!!!! Sort of like orange and/or coral lipstick. I love it, but it looks awful on me. i know the new thing is like when I was just learning to play with makeup. The one shade on the lid. Plus with the silver one, you can multi task, as it can pass for a mirror!!!! Better yet, use the Dior mirror stickers that came out awhile back with the stickers for eyeliners!!!! It can be so Disco, since what is old is now again!!!!! Shiny disco ball!!!!!!
OMG
lmao.gif
How did Dior go so wrong on the consistency of these?
shrugs.gif
The colors are just stunning.

Monsy

Univers:

this color is so beautiful!!!

SlugPower

Univers:

Okay, tricky isn't for me. However, I never got Chimere (not sold in Europe) and Aurora seems like its counterpart... This one over here, Univers, is also tripping me. They aren't alike any Mono Fusions by any chance? I don't think they are...

Vineetha

I love those too AWS.
th_DANCE.gif

That's a great idea & way that you're using them that's most flattering to you.

girlhaha.gif
TF Emerald Lust /List as you've renamed it has more teal/turquoise with just that one deep navy but it's a good navy. I want that TJ too!!!
lol.gif
.....and a tissue!!!
girlhaha.gif
bangin.gif
Autocorrect but yes you can have tissue jazz!!

ashievic

I was in a deep depression over the insane liquid mess of these shadows. But I do love the boxes Dior sends their stuff in. As well as I think pretty much all the high end stores have gone to the goofy shipping as in FedEx then flips to regular mail. So far the actual websites of Dior, Chanel, Armani, YSL and TF are still using the real shipping. Which means I get the goodies in 2-3 days vs. 8-10 days from the stores. So I have found myself using the company websites over the store online due to the shipping changes. I want what I want when I want it. Yes, I am a spoiled brat.....and for the amount of money being dropped, get it to me the product as fast as they can, gosh darn it!!!!!

Then when it is truly an exact dupe of the Mirror nail polish to the Chanel Intemporel, it was like did Dior just copy off Chanel or just phoned it in???? Same thing for the shades of lipstick, Chanel has the exact same colors. Yes, some of Chanel's were LE. So for anyone who missed out, can get them in Dior. I also found the new liner drags, at least on me. Love the Khaki color one, but the others again very dupable. Hopefully the holiday will be over the top.

Latest posts