Dior Fall 2015- Cosmopolite

Medgal07

girlhaha.gif
bangin.gif
Autocorrect but yes you can have tissue jazz!!
th_roll1.gif

Medgal07

I was in a deep depression over the insane liquid mess of these shadows. But I do love the boxes Dior sends their stuff in. As well as I think pretty much all the high end stores have gone to the goofy shipping as in FedEx then flips to regular mail. So far the actual websites of Dior, Chanel, Armani, YSL and TF are still using the real shipping. Which means I get the goodies in 2-3 days vs. 8-10 days from the stores. So I have found myself using the company websites over the store online due to the shipping changes. I want what I want when I want it. Yes, I am a spoiled brat.....and for the amount of money being dropped, get it to me the product as fast as they can, gosh darn it!!!!!

Then when it is truly an exact dupe of the Mirror nail polish to the Chanel Intemporel, it was like did Dior just copy off Chanel or just phoned it in???? Same thing for the shades of lipstick, Chanel has the exact same colors. Yes, some of Chanel's were LE. So for anyone who missed out, can get them in Dior. I also found the new liner drags, at least on me. Love the Khaki color one, but the others again very dupable. Hopefully the holiday will be over the top.
Very sad to hear of this mess Ash! I LOVE the highlighting powder though. I guess we have so much wonderful
makeup that they need to really be on their toes to wow us. I mean how many orange & pink items do I need?
Throw something unique and amazing our way for a change. I do LOVE Dior and will always find something
that I just can't resist---------and the packaging from the web site is top notch!!!

ashievic

I love Dior, I have had nothing but great customer service. Everyone has a misfire. It's OK, I still you, Dior. Just get it right......

mkoparanova

Okay, tricky isn't for me. However, I never got Chimere (not sold in Europe) and Aurora seems like its counterpart... This one over here, Univers, is also tripping me. They aren't alike any Mono Fusions by any chance? I don't think they are...
If you're asking about the formula, they're nothing alike. I'm not sure about the shades, I have only Myriade and I'm not a huge Dior fan.

awickedshape

http://www.writingwhimsy.com/dior-cosmopolite-fall-2015-5-couleurs-in-exuberante-and-eclectic/

Why isn't anyone using the blue eyeshadow (except for the runway pics) lol

MakeupAli

There is a nice silvery blue in the Gucci Ocean Rhapsody eyeshadow quad. I haven't tried Gucci yet. Will have to take a look I use blue e/s in the crease or outer v or a teal liner with the bronze from the YSL Fétiche palette when I wear my chocolate brown suit with the teal trim. I use the blues from Dior Blue Lagoon all over the eye because of the sheerness.
I love that! I love wearing a neutral eye color with that stunning blue toned definition. Sounds gorgeous. So does your suit!

MakeupAli

I can imagine lol
Yep, I tried Cosmic today (or whatever the purple is called.) The SA at Bloomies handed me two sponge tipped test applicators and walked away, like she didn't want to have to be there to answer questions when the strangeness of the formula became apparent. I swatched some of the product on the side of my hand and tried to pick it up and apply it with the applicator. Nothing got onto the eye just like happened to you, MK. Then the residue stained my hand. I tried multiple times and finally got some color on to my lids. Pretty color, very definitely. Red violet. It was either a thin wash or a very heavy dose. After I was probably the 50th person that day who had decided not to buy it, the SA came back and was super friendly as if to let me know, "Don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you on it." The SA's must just love that product to pieces-- NOT!

Vineetha

Yep, I tried Cosmic today (or whatever the purple is called.) The SA at Bloomies handed me two sponge tipped test applicators and walked away, like she didn't want to have to be there to answer questions when the strangeness of the formula became apparent. I swatched some of the product on the side of my hand and tried to pick it up and apply it with the applicator. Nothing got onto the eye just like happened to you, MK. Then the residue stained my hand. I tried multiple times and finally got some color on to my lids. Pretty color, very definitely. Red violet. It was either a thin wash or a very heavy dose. After I was probably the 50th person that day who had decided not to buy it, the SA came back and was super friendly as if to let me know, "Don't worry, I'm not going to try to sell you on it." The SA's must just love that product to pieces-- NOT!
Omg :lmao:

ashievic

Obviously Dior did not have a good marketing/research team for testing this product prior to going into production for it. Guess they had lots of lip containers left over and needed to use them up. Since I am pretty sure the lip line that uses that container is the one getting a revamp with like 41 colors in the weeks to come. Nice write off for tax purposes for Dior. Sucks for all of us. What a dud for a collection......Chanel however was just a wowsers!!!!!! So we had extra monies to get everything in that collection. Turn their loss into our happiness!!!!!

SlugPower

Obviously Dior did not have a good marketing/research team for testing this product prior to going into production for it. Guess they had lots of lip containers left over and needed to use them up. Since I am pretty sure the lip line that uses that container is the one getting a revamp with like 41 colors in the weeks to come. Nice write off for tax purposes for Dior. Sucks for all of us. What a dud for a collection......Chanel however was just a wowsers!!!!!! So we had extra monies to get everything in that collection. Turn their loss into our happiness!!!!!
Isn't it the Addict lipsticks, not the Addict glosses? If its the glosses, 41 glosses? O_O

ashievic

What came first the chicken or the egg? My point was, anyone who purchased the RECENT silver mirror polish from Chanel, in my limited opinion no need for both. I had totally forgotten about the Chanel silver/mirror polish. When I was at Nordy's yesterday, I knew I had seen it before. Could not remember where???? Thought it was Silver Star one. I had put the Dior on a nail and came home. As I was going through my ga-billions of nail polish, I found the recent Chanel. I then painted the nail next to the Dior, and after a few hours couldn't remember which one was which. I so do love the Nordy's Girl eyeshadow release. No regrets on that one. The formula is perfection, at least for me.

Latest posts