Do you find my screenname offensive..?

xxManBeaterxx

I was in the beginning of a swap on MUA and the lady who i was swapping with said she doesnt want to continue swapping with me because she found my name offensive... I didnt want to deal with any agrument or hasstle so i was like watever, its okay dont swap with me then.

If you want a little explanation of what my name means... I only had 2 boyfriends my whole life. The first one cheated on me the second one married me. But the first one cheated on me while we were still going out, and a few days later i made my first AIM screen name and i was having a hard time deciding on a name.. so i was like well i hate guys at the moment why dont i create manbeater.. already taken so i put xxmanbeaterxx...

Should i just make a new screenname?

User93

i dont find your screen name offensive at all, i dont see anything wrong with it! If you feel comfortable with it, its all good. I think its everyone's personal choice, and i can even understand that swapping woman in SOME way - once a lady here wanted to buy from me, and her nick was something like devilish666.. and in her info she was playing saying she came from hell. Whatever, i didnt want to meet her or sell to her, call me a noob or whatever, so i said no. But in you case i dont see any single problem! Imaging Nelly Furtado's Maneater song, how creepy shoul THAT be for some people? LOL

COBI

I didn't think twice about it... kind of like calling those tanks "wife-beaters"; I don't really think twice about it and I don't really think everyone who wears them condones domestic abuse.

IMHO, the swapper was being a bit sensitive to not complete a swap because of it, but to each their own, I guess; who knows what her background and experiences are? She may well have a reason to be justifiably offended.

I personally wouldn't want to miss out on a good swap because of something as insignificant as a screenname.

lanslady

I had the name of Mac Whore on my space (no longer there though under that name) and I had a few people ask me why I would want to be called a whore. I'm like, let me explain this to you, and lets see if your brain isn't too small to understand it. LOL Even my husband calls me a mac whore, because of my obsession with MAC, it's all in fun.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alibi
...once a lady here wanted to buy from me, and her nick was something like devilish666.. and in her info she was playing saying she came from hell.

I really laughed out loud at this.

aziajs

If I had been browsing the site and saw your screename I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I actually giggled at it after I took a look at this post. But, I can see how it might rub some people the wrong way. Everyone is sensitive to different things.

ilovegreen

Like the others have said it's not offensive. It's not even your real name, the swapper must have some serious issues her loss.

rbella

I thought you were making a funny statement regarding "wifebeater" tank tops. I just thought you were switchin' it up.

xxManBeaterxx

yay thanks ladies i feel much better about my screenname
th_DANCE.gif

User93

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
I really laughed out loud at this.

yeah i know it can sound funny, but im religious and found it not offensive, but just.. unsuitable for me. I think both sides of swap have a right for doing this, and you should sell/swap only if it gonna make you feel good and positive.

stacey4415

i do

just out of interest, those who don't, would you find the screen name "woman beater" offensive?

stacey4415

I find it hard to understand why one must have serious issues for finding it offensive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegreen
Like the others have said it's not offensive. It's not even your real name, the swapper must have some serious issues her loss.

ashleydenise

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I was in the beginning of a swap on MUA and the lady who i was swapping with said she doesnt want to continue swapping with me because she found my name offensive... I didnt want to deal with any agrument or hasstle so i was like watever, its okay dont swap with me then.

Should i just make a new screenname?

Nope, don't change it, whenever I see your name, I guess I just feel as if it's a joke or something... Not once did I think of you going home and beating your hubby.

whoever she is, she's just a SQUARE! lol

NicksWifey

Actually, I always laugh whenever I see your screenname. I think it's ridiculous for someone not to want to swap with you because of it. Some people are really sensitive and only they know why.
Don't let it bother you
smiles.gif

kyustman

Honestly, when I saw your name, i didnt take it literally, like you beat men. I thought maybe it meant like you beat men in life...lol maybe i thought of it the wrong way but in my eyes, its like you were in a relationship with a guy and you could beat him at his own game, hence MAN BEATER.

lol i probably got the wrong meaning out of it... but either way, i don't find it offensive...it's just an alias