Do you remember your first scent?

euphrosyne_rose

OMG. I think my first perfume was Vanilla Fields. I was so in love with it! I don't even know if they make it anymore. I also used Sunflowers, Navy by Cover Girl and there was a Love's scent that I liked that I think came in a set with the Baby Soft. I think it was Lemon b/c I remember it was yellow.
I feel SO old now..... LOL!!!!
yucky.gif

euphrosyne_rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Grass by Gap. In, like... seventh grade. The Gap scents were THE THING when I was that age.

I actually am bidding on a body mist of Grass n ebay right now.
lol.gif
I was at the outlet mall and they had some on clearance. I didn't buy it, but I sprayed some on me.. and then I regretted not buying it for the rest of the day.

Scent memory is a weird thing.

You are SO right!! I forgot I used to LOVE that one too. I never thought to check on Ebay. Thanks for the idea!!

S.S.BlackOrchid

Quote:
Originally Posted by monter
Grass by Gap. In, like... seventh grade. The Gap scents were THE THING when I was that age.

I actually am bidding on a body mist of Grass n ebay right now.
lol.gif
I was at the outlet mall and they had some on clearance. I didn't buy it, but I sprayed some on me.. and then I regretted not buying it for the rest of the day.

Scent memory is a weird thing.

I remember that! Grass and Heaven were the popular ones.

stellastar

ahhh, i remember anais anais my mums perfume in the 80s!!
but my first was TOMMY GIRL by tommy hilfiger, still love it mind.

kokometro

My first scent was Loves Baby Soft. My friend wore Loves fresh lemon which smelled like Pledge. I got tons of my moms perfume castoff so I was a perfume horder.

In High school I wore Gloria Vanderbilt (ew) and Pavlova.
Ralph Lauren red bottle!!!

The 80's were all about heavy scents

Bill Blass
Paloma Picasso
Giorgio
Giorgio 273
Clinique Aromatic Elixer
Liz Claiborne (killed off many brain cells wearing that hot mess)
Eternity (oh lordy that one is strong. My head just started hurting)
Diva

90's was
Escape (got me lots of dates)
Il Bacio
Tribu

Now I wear
Mac
Aveda
some VS
I don't shop for perfume like I used to. I like to get samples from Sephora and use them. I get bored easily. lol
Most of the ones I used to wear make me nauseous. After my second child my nose is wonky.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.S.BlackOrchid
I remember that! Grass and Heaven were the popular ones.

Hahahah oh yeah, at my highschool all the girls were wearing Gap Heaven. I distinctly remember the smell of Grass and hating it, but Heaven was actually ok.

Oh and not sure if this has been mentioned, but back in the 90s, all those Body Shop perfumes were popular too. Anyone remember Fuzzy Peach?

Esperanza

OMG I do remember this one!! I use to have it when I was like... 13 or 14, I remember I had the spray bottle one and the perfume oil as well.

I made a trip in England back then and I remember sooo well that all the girls in the bus wore White Musk, I kinda like this one at the time but I've became sick of the smell after some time.

gore_mon_amour

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryPopsicle
Probably Tommy Girl.

But I wore a lot of Body Fantasies cotton candy back in the day...

Holy crap, this is EXACTLY what I was going to say!

The body fantasies cotton candy - - haha, didn't remember that it was by "body fantasies", though. I just remember cotton candy scent & getting it at Target when I was about 11 or 12.
(also, I remember it actually smelled like cotton candy when I first started wearing it. A year into to wearin the spray, didn't smell like it too much anymore. The lotion, did though. =P And it came in a water spray-type of bottle. awwwwe )

haha

Then I moved on to Tommy Girl when I was 13 ... but was done with it at about 15.

Ah, memories <3

gore_mon_amour

Quote:
Originally Posted by resin
in 1988 i got 'exclamation' when i was 11
LOL

I remember getting a "gift set" of that from a family friend!

haha

At least... it was a cute bottle?

Kind of.

=P

Good times.

NicksWifey

Haha I had that Electric Youth perfume by Debbie Gibson when I was seven. My babysitter (who grew up in the 80s) gave me her bottle. It was really cool. I think it was sorta shaped like a microphone and had this hot pink/orange coil in it.

yodagirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalado
my first perfume was Vanilla Fields! Wow, that really takes me back!

LOL that was my first scent as well...loved it then, but it makes me sick to smell it now
ssad.gif

enjoybeingagirl

The first fragrance I used when I was a little girl was my moms White Shoulders. Later I would use my sisters Cool Water perfume when she wasn't looking. The first fragrance I purchased was when I was 9-10 was Mary Kate and Ashley from Walmart
sick.gif

The first real fragrance I used was Chanel Chance when I was 17. I asked for it for Christmas. Now at 21 I only use BBW cherry blossom body splash because of my allergies. Oh and I can't wear strong scents at work.

cetati

When I was 13, a boy at my church was kidnapped by his sister to go to the mall. She had a craving for make up and perfumes, even though she herself didn't have money for it. As a result, she made him buy little Valentine's Day gift sets for the 5-6 other young girls at my church at that time! It was adorb. Anyway, it was Clinique and the sample bottle for Happy back then was this amazing little smoky glass vial with this golden liquid inside.

I thought it was like sunshine in a bottle.

I still wear Happy, but the new packaging makes me sad. I might check out Aroma Elixer just because it reminds me of the old Happy.

lipshock

J.LO's Glow perfume.

To this day, it stills remains my favourite. I don't know why but there is something about that fragrance that encompasses what I like when it comes to scents. Not to mention, it was what I was wearing when I first met my BF and he happens to love it. :]

Latest posts