Do your eyebrows match your haircolor?

Mizz.Coppertone

I always debate whether to dye my brows or not everytime I color my hair. I go from my natural base color w/blonde highlights to a full head of caramal blonde and I always leave my brows their dark brown shade.

I always loved Shawna Sand's(sp?) look, she has dark brows and light hair. I think it looks exotic on some girls. I've seen Jlo wear her brows light with dark hair. I never get it when I see girls with dark hair do that.

Do you think they should match totally?

Aurynn

I don't really match them. I'm a natural blonde so my brows are a dark blonde and when I go darker I usually let them be or use a pencil.
I think it looks more natural to have slightly darker brows when you have light hair and slightly lighter brows than your dark colour.

LisaOrestea

Nope.
I have blue hair and dark brown eyebrows.
If I dyed them they would look ridiculous.

I do have a fringe that usually covers my eyebrows to a certain extent though so its not too bad.

xxManBeaterxx

I normally color them in a shade or two lighter than my natural hair color. And i think people with blonde hair go one or two shades darker than their hair color. I have black hair so i use a soft black color and apply it lightly. When i colored my hair brown with blonde highlights i wore a slightly ligher shade of brown.. I tried penciling them in really dark once and i looked freaking weird.

I have naturally very dark hair. I highlighted it last year and had to bleach my brows because it just looked so bad. But then I fell in love with how the lighter brow seemed to open up my face and soften my look. So my hair is a bit darker now, like a medium reddish brown and I still bleach my brows to about a medium brown.

Tahti

I have red hair so matching my eyebrows to that would look pretty odd ;/
My eyebrows are naturally a very very pale white blonde. Sometimes I leave them like that if I'm going for a certain strange kind of look, but mostly I colour them in to a very dark brown, or an ashy brown.

Little Addict

I have dark brown eyebrows and red hair .... doesn't really seem to bother me. If it does, I color them in with the UD black cherry mascara since that matches my hair exactly ... haha

Mabelle

i dye my hair a medium copper colour and i match dye my brows the same colour. Im naturally dark blond, and i really dont like the look of dark blond brows with fiery coppery hair. it looks unfinished imo

When i was a brunette i would dye them too. it finishes off a look imo

Hikaru-chan

I don't think it matters, my hair's bright red and looks completely un-natural so there's no point dying them the same color cause no one would ever think it's the color I was born with anyways plus it would look silly.

Pimpinett

I dye my dark blonde hair black, and always dye the brows as well - light brown eyebrows with jet black hair is not a good look, IMHO. My brows are a shade or two darker than my hair, as I remember it.

I always think it looks incredibly cool when people dye (or pencil in) their eyebrows the same wacky colour as their hair - red brows with red hair, blue eyebrows with blue hair etc. It makes even more of a statement than just the hair, though, and I can imagine that it would be very high maintenance.

NutMeg

My eyebrows are naturally a very dark brown, almost black, while my hair is a medium to dark brown. So if my natural colours don't match, who cares if your dyed colours don't match?
smiles.gif

My eyebrows are a rather pathetic medium blonde, if I lighten my hair they look fine but with my natural colour (medium dirty blonde) or my real colour (red/auburn, looks much better!) they are almost invisible. I either dye them with black eyelash dye (for some reason I get a more natural brown than with brown!) or use Max Factor hazel pencil or Urban Decay Stray dog e/s on them.
So, they don't match but from observing people with similar hair colour to mine they seem to be pretty accurate!

TISH1124

My hairdresser colors my hair balck...my natural hair color is auburn so my brows are maintained at that color..I really like the contrast with lighter brows than hair .. and I love to see blondes with slightly darker brows... Brows do not naturally match hair..Plus I am not into the Garanimal have to match thing anyway...

Susanne

No, I have blonde hair and almost black eyebrows. I sometimes light them up in summer - but it looks fine the way they are I think!

blondie711

The color of my eyebrows is naturally platinum white (even tho my hair stopped being that color 20 yrs ago!), I have to color them. I color my hair light blonde and use Anastasia brow gel in caramel. Every time I try to color them they turn orange eventually, so I just stick with the gel. I think blonde haired women look best with a darker brow. IMO

ritchieramone

I have pink hair and (dyed) black eyebrows. I think my hair colour makes my natural eyebrows look too light and I feel that I need the structure that the black gives.

Although they're dyed, I still need to fill my brows in a bit, so I sometimes use an e/s like Beauty Marked, Sketch or even Trax to give a tiny bit of colour but I'd never try to match them to my hair!

BEA2LS

my hair is naturally brown and i color it a very pale, cool toned blonde. however my natural color is a kinda light, ashy brown and my eye brows are not dark at all so i leave them be.

leenybeeny

I have dark brown hair naturally and black as night brows. I have never changed the colour.. even when my hair is practically blonde. My hair grows very fast and I would have to bleach my brows every two weeks to maintain them. I can't be bothered with that!

arielle123

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
My eyebrows are naturally a very dark brown, almost black, while my hair is a medium to dark brown. So if my natural colours don't match, who cares if your dyed colours don't match?
smiles.gif

I agree. My natural hair is a dark blond to light brown and my eyebrows are very dark brown to black. When I lighten up on the hair a bit I don't bother with my eyebrows. I think I'm meant to have lighter hair and darker eyebrows
smiles.gif

hello_my_apple

my natural hair color is pretty brown, but i dye it jet black. it's been like that for a year, i tried to use a soft black on my brows but it just looked like i was angry lmao, so now i use cork or the spiked brow pencil.

Latest posts