Does your boyfriend use basic skincare?

caramel_geek

Okay...here's the deal. The only 'skincare' product that my boyfriends has + use is a bar of soap. That's it! He even washes his face with a bar-soap. I'm like...wat da! And I've been trying to get him start with a proper skincare routine (just basic cleanser + toner + moisturizer). But he doesn't look like he cares.
thmbdn.gif
It drives me nuts that he's not doing a proper daily skincare regime.

Does your boyfriend has a proper daily skincare routine? If yes, what brand is he using?
winkiss.gif

Or do you think it's too much to ask from a guy?

kittykit

Mine is the same! He's washing his face with the shower gel......
thmbdn.gif
When I offered to buy him some skin care products, he said he doesn't need them!!
noworry.gif
I'm still trying to convince him that, he needs to take care of his skin!

nursee81

mine uses or should i say use to proactive. h use the neutragena face wash daily. theres no convincing him to use anything else.

its funny that you mention this because mine used to be the same way. . until i tried something different on him.

you could try one day by doing it for him ... i started by using a cotton pad with some clean and clear astrigent or toner after he got out the shower. when i put it on him he was amazed !! at all the dirt and oil that was left on the cotton pad even after he had washed his face in the shower.(with a bar of soap!) he loved the clean and menthol type feeling on his face he's been using it ever since.

i dont think its too much 2 ask from a guy to me its personal hygiene ... some guys might think its girlyto wear a mask and stuff but theres nothing wrong with cleanser and what not .. dont make it sound girly like this is some herbal facial cleanser enriched with vitamins and blah blah blah .. he'll be like wtf make it sound simple like this is some .. "face soap" its really good and it leaves my skin feeling sooo good you sould try it babe.. can i wash your face for ya , and maybe give em a massage with some moisturizer when your finished
lol i dunno but you sould give it a try ,i hope this helps

goodluck hun !

Jinni

He will use some things IF: 1. I buy it for him and 2. It doesn't take a lot of extra time to use.

Currently he's using a cleaner and a moisturizer. He has dry skin, so he doesn't like how his face feels without moisturizer. Before I bought him his current moisturizer he was using some thick, greasy stuff that took forever to absorb, but I guess he never really considered alternatives.

... and his skin still looks much better than mine.... sigh

florabundance

no, mine doesn't and he drinks and smokes, but strangely, he has the smoothest, healthiest looking skin ever.
th_dunno.gif
go figure.

iliang25

My DH doesn't have basic skin care until I got him the routine he need..it takes a lot of prodding and charm..LOL. He used the MURAD acne line for a time but that did not agree much with him. Now he uses the clinique line for men and I give him every two weeks of facials either with bliss steep clean or MURAD vit c skin infusion.

bubs

I am such a nut about my skincare routine that I think he started to get curious about all the fuss and now my habits are rubbing off on him! He washes his face daily with cetaphil. And he usually uses a dermalogica or cetaphile moisturizer that has sunscreen. I think after seeing the huge difference 2 little steps can make he was hooked. It's really simple and it works for him. I'm just glad I finally got him to start using suncreen everyday!

zeroxstar

Nope, mine uses these wipes to clean his face but that's it. I've tried to say stuff but he just scoffs at it lol so what can i do? i have my brothers using anthony logistics though!

NutMeg

If I ever get my bf to start a skincare routine, I will start a thread that is filled with me being excited that he is taking care of his skin. Its a hopeless case, he'll never do it.
ssad.gif

Poison_Ivy

My hubby uses Clinique for men facial scrub and clenser in the shower..then he tones with C4M 4.5 scruffing lotion when he gets out he usually shaves with clinique shave cream then he has Clinique M lotion as a mousterizer....he use to use my mac skincare stuff but i went out and go thim this and now he loves it!
smiles.gif

M.A.C. head.

LOL My husband has more of a routine than I DO! He didn't before we met and when we first got together though. He always had issues with his skin, although his skin hasn't really ever been THAT bad. I bought him an apricot scrub to use in the shower, plus he washes his face with Dove soap. We like to do enzyme masks, but his ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is the cucumber peel LMAO He loves to pick it off.

Since starting to do this stuff, I haven't heard any complaining about his skin, so I guess we're doing okay!

concertina

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
LOL My husband has more of a routine than I DO!

HA, mine too! But the irony is that I got him started!!

vocaltest

yep my boyfriend has a skincare routine!
and its only since we've been together lol. he cleanses with face wipes and uses a face wash, he did use a toner but it broke him out, n he uses moisturiser! he used to use soap and he whinged that his skin was rubbish so i converted him!

Korms

My BF doesn't have one, he just washes with soap and that's it. His skin is pretty perfect, he doesn't need a fancy routine. The only thing I wish he would use is a daily sunblock.

kaexbabey

my husband kinda got started cause he'd see all my products in the restroom. when we weren't living together yet, he'd use purpose cleanser and that's it. but now he SOMETIMES uses either my clinique facial soap or my philosophy purity soap and if he's getting a few bumps he'll use my clinique mild clarifying lotion and/or my clinique spot treatment gel. he always uses my aveeno positively radiant spf 15 lotion though. he actually thought that it's supposed to prevent him from getting a tan lol. he was disappointed that he got darker over the summer. lol weird guy. oh yeah, and he also uses st. ives apricot scrub, but hasn't touched my youthful essence by susan lucci and i'm glad cause thats ALLLL MINE hahah

alehoney

My husband just washes his face with a bar of soap, he uses shaving cream when he needs it and uses Nivea in the blue tin religiously and sunblock. The man has perfect skin....

Dreamergirl3

lol, my boy loves his routine. He uses a separate face wash, oxy pads, moisturizer and does biore strips once a week, sometimes a clay mask (usually only when I do though). He dealt with acne during puberty and since then he's been obsessed with skincare. I have to drag him out of the isle!

MUALindsay

YES!

I got DF started on Clinique for Men, 2 months after we met, for Christmas.
smiles.gif

I wish he'd wash his face twice a day, but some won't even once, so I should be "lucky". He will only wash his face in the shower (C4M Extra Strength Face Wash) and recently he's been using Biore something-or-another for clogged pores every other day and occasionally (usually when he's going to shave) C4M Face Scrub. Most of the time (unless he's super tired or I don't remind him) he'll use his C4M 3.5 Scruffing Lotion (Toner) and M-Gel. He uses the C4M Shave Gel and Post Shave Healer sometimes, too. He's still stuck on his Gilette, too.
ssad.gif
((My ex swore the C4M Shave Cream gave him the best shave ever, lol, I started him on C4M, too.)) He has the C4M Electic Shave prep when he uses his Electric Razor... sometiemes I'll put my Clinique Clay Mask on him... but he won't do it himself. He likes the Biore pore strips, too, but only when I put them on... he lets me get rid of his nose gunk (clogged pores), too... and I HAVE to give him a manicure, he won't even hardly file a nail... so when I hear "Honey, can you do me a favor?" I know he wants his nails cleaned, cut & filed. He's spoiled, but so am I!

caramel_geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlvrGrndM99
YES!

I got DF started on Clinique for Men, 2 months after we met, for Christmas.
smiles.gif

that's a great idea!
thmbup.gif
probably i should get him a 'starter kit' or something for this Christmas.
cutey.gif

what do you think of the Clinique for Men line so far?

Latest posts