Does your boyfriend use basic skincare?

user79

I wish my bf took better care of his skin. :-/

In the beginning he used nothing, then he was using Clearasil for a while and no moisturizer at all, so that dried out his skin. I bought him some soothing aftershave lotion (the creamy kind) and at least he is using that now, and he switched from that awful Clearasil to a better face wash. I bought him a tube of a light face lotion and some handcream, gave him an orange stick for cleaning under his nails...he hasn't really touched that stuff at all. :-/

Sometimes when his hands get really bad (he has a physically demanding job), I won't let him touch me until he cleans his nails and puts on a ton of hand lotion.

NicksWifey

My fiance has the most amazing skin ever. He never ever gets breakouts and if he does, it's something so minute that you could barely notice it...it makes me sick!
ssad.gif

I know he uses Cetaphil cleanser & moisturizer. I use their moisturizer too and love it, but the cleanser has never done anything for me.

MAC_Pixie04

My boyfriend has an extremely basic skincare regimen, but I'm glad he's using anything at all.

Right now I have him using Anthony for Men Algae Cleanser for dry skin, and sometimes Jack Black All Over Wash for hair, skin, and body. And he uses Jack Black Double Duty Moisturizer w/ SPF20 and at night Cosmedicine Hydra Healer.

Moxy

My guy didn't use anything until I came along lol! Now he uses a day cream (=daily moisturizer) and after shave lotion without alcohol. Plus soap and water of course. I'm glad he uses these 2 things now, I suppose I'd be pushing my luck if I got him a toner and exfoliator
lol.gif

ZoeKat

Haha...mine uses a bar of soap in the shower and nothing else, and his skin looks so much better than mine.

Malena

The only skincare my man uses is some aftershave for sensitive skin.
I already tried to convince him that he should take better care of his skin (since so far he didn´t have the healthiest life style...
th_rolleye0014.gif
), but he´s always like "I´m not gay!"
WTF!? You don´t have to be gay to have a daily skincare routine...he always upsets me when he talks such nonsense
nonono.gif

Anyway, I´m working on it - one day he´ll give in & start doing what I tell him
winks.gif

Moxy

Hehehe men are definitely funny about the whole "gay" thing.

This is not skin care related but my boyfriend has a kitten and it's a she.
So i got her this gorgeous PINK sparkly collar. And his dad looked at me and said "Aww come on, i dont want a gay cat!" I said how can it be gay if it's a girl lol?!?! Last time I've looked pink for girls was allowed
lol.gif

Malena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxy
Hehehe men are definitely funny about the whole "gay" thing.

This is not skin care related but my boyfriend has a kitten and it's a she.
So i got her this gorgeous PINK sparkly collar. And his dad looked at me and said "Aww come on, i dont want a gay cat!" I said how can it be gay if it's a girl lol?!?! Last time I've looked pink for girls was allowed
lol.gif

lol.gif

That´s too funny!

brianjenny17

lol .. basic my boyfriend uses several Mario Badescu products .. he likes taking care of his face but it started from him watching my skincare routine .. he even wants some la mer haha!
choochoo.gif

Kayteuk

I brought mine the full Clinique range...Hes getting better at using it everyday and I think its helping him to wake up for his night cop shifts! Bless....

I think the body shop range is good too! I love their stuff for guys.

malteze_bubbleg

my husband washes his face with ponds (sometimes only water)..and he puts vaseline on his face!!!!!!!!!! yeah...his whole fam do that too!!!!

allyson

Ugh, my boyfriend does nothing to his face, and he has the most perfect skin! He might get one whitehead a year, and that's it. I'm so jealous of him.

revoltofagirl

my FH doesn't have a proper skincare routine... I try to help him with it but he's so damn stubborn! grr. I've bought him facewash (so he doesn't use shampoo or body wash on his face) and a face lotion with SPF... but he's gotten it into his head that the face lotion is only to be used after he shaves and he doesn't shave his face everyday... oi.

rosasola1

all i use is soap.... Dove soap... ever since I can remember and my skin is perfectly fine... by hubby uses it to even wash his hair! which I don't care too much about.. but yea... um... When I start using toner and all that stuff it actually makes me break out. It's just no good for me to use more than DOVE.
shrugs.gif

abbey_08

my bf uses moisterisers and even tinted ones!! then denies using the tinted one when its obvious he has a lil glow to his skin. im glad he uses them cos all skin needs moisterising! and he will b glad he did in the future when the winkles roll in lol!

and like many others his skin is a million times better than mine damnit!!! lol

leenybeeny

My husband has started getting into it a little bit. He now uses a face wash instead of just soap, and he uses Aveda shave cream
smiles.gif
It's cute. He has very oily skin so he doesn't moisturize. He will use some of my acne products when he starts to break out a little.

susannef

Im trying to get my bf to use at least some sort of facial cleanser and moisturizer but its not going well at all lol

BEA2LS

Mine uses clean and clear to wash his face. lol in the purple tube, goes crazy without it.