Dolce & Gabbana Makeup

NYCBeautyJunkie

I swatched the bronzer in store-- it's definitely just an overspray and the bronzer underneath is completely matte. I was so underwhelmed! Love this brand though. Their cream shadows are some of the best I've ever used in my life-- the formula is INCREDIBLE.

Medgal07

Ummmmm. I'll refrain from saying anything encouraging lol
Why start now!!!
girlhaha.gif

shimshams

they are regular permanent colors. bronzer is shade desert and highlighter is shade eva
Oh thankies! Tbh my initial excitement has worn off after seeing swatches/reviews. I love the special packaging, but I could maybe just go for the permanent version.

Filmfreak

The Illuminator looks very powdery/chalky. That's really too bad...I would like to have tried it.
Medgal, I have it and love it. IMO it's not powdery or chalky at all. But I don't use it as a highlighter, I use it like a normal powder. It works extremely well for my skin, even better than the Guerlain Meteorites. I've also bought the bronzer, since I just couldn't resist the design. I think it'll equally work well for me, since it doesn't have any of those usual orange tones many bronzers have. And it's a pretty light colour, so that's perfect for a fair-skinned girl like me.

I've just bought another set of D&G products, one of the new lipsticks (Moon), the quad and the cheek & eyes creamy powder. When I read the following line: "The Dolce & Gabbana holiday look is inspired by the armour of knights of old" I was immediately sold. I'm a fan of all things medieval, so there was no escape.

The budget for my new computer just got considerably lower, but well ..... who needs a big gaming machine anyway?
sneaky.gif

Medgal07

Medgal, I have it and love it. IMO it's not powdery or chalky at all. But I don't use it as a highlighter, I use it like a normal powder. It works extremely well for my skin, even better than the Guerlain Meteorites. I've also bought the bronzer, since I just couldn't resist the design. I think it'll equally work well for me, since it doesn't have any of those usual orange tones many bronzers have. And it's a pretty light colour, so that's perfect for a fair-skinned girl like me.

I've just bought another set of D&G products, one of the new lipsticks (Moon), the quad and the cheek & eyes creamy powder. When I read the following line: "The Dolce & Gabbana holiday look is inspired by the armour of knights of old" I was immediately sold. I'm a fan of all things medieval, so there was no escape.

The budget for my new computer just got considerably lower, but well ..... who needs a big gaming machine anyway?
sneaky.gif
Now you have me intrigued!!!!! I tend, primarily to gravitate to illuminators/highlighters that have a noticeable sheen---it's all about the formula. That said, a few that I
have that appear more like the D & G, somewhat flat/matte would be my Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Bronze & Glow, Face Sculpt & Highlight and Burberry Gold Glow
Fragranced Luminizing Powder, Gold No 01. Both require a small amount of buffing to get the immediate sheen that comes with other highlighters.

I'm taking a second look. Thanks so much for the links......I think
girlhaha.gif

awickedshape

Sabrina did a round up http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/12/dolce-gabbana-beauty-primer-foundation.html?m=1 http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/2014/12/dolce-gabbana-beauty-lips-eyes-and-nails.html

Filmfreak

My new D&G treasures have arrived - I wished I finally could decide on a decent camera to buy, so I could post some swatches.
The lipstick is totally out of this world, a silvery, glittery grey. What astonished me the most is that it feels so smooth. I had some lippies from MAC with lots of glitter in it and they felt awful and gritty. The D&G is totally creamy and smooth, as if it had no glitter at all.

The quad consists of two silky shimmer shades in a silvery gold and very bright silver, and two matte ones, a stormy grey and a black. All are very pigmented and soft.

The silver "powder" feels more like some oily cream and I think it looks a lot like Chanel's Fantasme. But it feels smoother and creamier. I hope it won't dry out.

So, all in all, I'm happy with the quality of all the items and I'll definitely keep an eye on D&G products.

Medgal07

My new D&G treasures have arrived - I wished I finally could decide on a decent camera to buy, so I could post some swatches.
The lipstick is totally out of this world, a silvery, glittery grey. What astonished me the most is that it feels so smooth. I had some lippies from MAC with lots of glitter in it and they felt awful and gritty. The D&G is totally creamy and smooth, as if it had no glitter at all.

The quad consists of two silky shimmer shades in a silvery gold and very bright silver, and two matte ones, a stormy grey and a black. All are very pigmented and soft.

The silver "powder" feels more like some oily cream and I think it looks a lot like Chanel's Fantasme. But it feels smoother and creamier. I hope it won't dry out.

So, all in all, I'm happy with the quality of all the items and I'll definitely keep an eye on D&G products.
They do sound pretty amazing. The quad sounds like one out of which you'll get a lot of use...especially during
the holiday season. I'd love to see this one and will definitely look for some swatches. I hope you'll enjoy your
treasures immensely.

Filmfreak

They do sound pretty amazing. The quad sounds like one out of which you'll get a lot of use...especially during
the oliday season. I'd love to see this one and will definitely look for some swatches. I hope you'll enjoy your
treasures immensely.
I'm sure I'll have a lot of fun with it. D&G still seems very much under the radar, I've only seen some swatches on Temptalia's blog so far. But no holiday collection items yet.

Mimi702

Hi ladies. I tried a few of the DG Monica lipsticks & Audacious on my hands only cuz the testers are usually really gross. I don't own any so I really don't know how they perform and would like to know which formula do you like best and what makes it better. Was thinking of picking up a new lipstick for myself tomm.

Medgal07

I could totally kick myself. I purchased another Guerlain Extrait today ---actually one that I've wanted for a while now,
but I could have tried one of the D & G lipsticks. ***whacks own head as in 'oops I could have had a V8' way!!! Although
​I love the Extraits, had I been thinking, I would have tried an Armani.
ohboy.gif

awickedshape

Hi ladies. I tried a few of the DG Monica lipsticks & Audacious on my hands only cuz the testers are usually really gross. I don't own any so I really don't know how they perform and would like to know which formula do you like best and what makes it better. Was thinking of picking up a new lipstick for myself tomm. 
Hi The D&G Classic Cream and Monica lipsticks and NARS Audacious lipsticks have different formulas but both are really good; opaque but with different textures. Maybe you can narrow it down by what colours you need. What did you think when you swatched them?

mkoparanova

Hey
I've been reading the forum for ages but this is my first post here :)

I went to the D&G counter at Harrods the other day and picked up the collector's edition illuminator, 2 lipsticks and the cream eyeshadow from the new collection. I wanted to buy the bronzer with the coin too, but under the overspray is the same as the lace one, which I have, and it's too orange on me. I used the illuminator as an all over powder yesterday and it looks amazing!! I definitely won't be using it on my cheekbones, it's too subtle
lol.gif
I made some pictures of the illuminator and the cream eyeshadow. I got the red bag for free because I spent over 100 pounds
eyelove.gif

Latest posts