Dolce & Gabbana Makeup

Filmfreak

One of T's comments: "This is best for someone who wants almost no color but feel like they’re applying color, I think! It just disappears so easily!" Well, maybe it doesn't have enough color for her skintone, but for someone with much fairer skin (like me) it's more than enough color. Of course she writes her reviews based on her experience and her skin, but she really should avoid making assumptions like this.
The bronzer lasts also much longer on my skin, which tends to be quite dry.

I can't agree on the "ton of bronzy shimmer" either. There is some shimmer, but not that much. I also like the texture, because it feels like a very fine powder. It's easier to apply for me than the creamier type of bronzers, because I can better control how much color I want.

I think T's review might be spot on for people who have a similar skintone like her, but for us paler girls it's totally different.

Medgal07

One of T's comments: "This is best for someone who wants almost no color but feel like they’re applying color, I think! It just disappears so easily!" Well, maybe it doesn't have enough color for her skintone, but for someone with much fairer skin (like me) it's more than enough color. Of course she writes her reviews based on her experience and her skin, but she really should avoid making assumptions like this.
The bronzer lasts also much longer on my skin, which tends to be quite dry.

I can't agree on the "ton of bronzy shimmer" either. There is some shimmer, but not that much. I also like the texture, because it feels like a very fine powder. It's easier to apply for me than the creamier type of bronzers, because I can better control how much color I want.

I think T's review might be spot on for people who have a similar skintone like her, but for us paler girls it's totally different.
I so wanted to get this but I don't want a highlighter dud. Do you have this one Filmfreak? I agree---T should include some qualifiers like those that you referenced.

Medgal07

Hey
I've been reading the forum for ages but this is my first post here :)

I went to the D&G counter at Harrods the other day and picked up the collector's edition illuminator, 2 lipsticks and the cream eyeshadow from the new collection. I wanted to buy the bronzer with the coin too, but under the overspray is the same as the lace one, which I have, and it's too orange on me. I used the illuminator as an all over powder yesterday and it looks amazing!! I definitely won't be using it on my cheekbones, it's too subtle
lol.gif
I made some pictures of the illuminator and the cream eyeshadow. I got the red bag for free because I spent over 100 pounds
eyelove.gif

I prefer less glitter in a highlighter. Is it blendable? Listen, as long as you like it and it works for you, that's all that really matters!!!

mkoparanova

I prefer less glitter in a highlighter. Is it blendable? Listen, as long as you like it and it works for you, that's all that really matters!!!
Well the glitter is very tiny and very fine. I can't tell if it's blendable because it's exactly the colour of my skin, Temptalia posted a review a couple of hours ago and she says it's ashy on her. Tbh I'm glad I can wear it as a finishing powder because I can't see it working as a highlighter.

Monsy

Medgal I do not think Eve is for you. It's more of a finishing brightening powder for a lighter skin

Filmfreak

I saw this last night and my
heart.gif
sank. It's what we've been hearing all along---no bueno!!!
ohboy.gif

I so wanted to get this but I don't want a highlighter dud. Do you have this one Filmfreak? I agree---T should include some qualifiers like those that you referenced.
I have it (the special version with the medal design) and really like it, because it doesn't have too much of a bronzing effect on my skin. T is right on that, it is very light, so maybe it's not a good choice for darker complexions.

awickedshape

I ordered the Perfect Luminous Foundation because it didn't have alcohol but perhaps Dimethecone is what I should be looking out for in these products? I should be getting it in the next couple of weeks. Edited after using the Perfect Finish Powder compact, which looks lovely and like a good amount of product but as I mentioned in the swatch thread so far the powder is cakey and aging... I'm so disappointed. Tried it wet which is a bit better but not practical for me. Tempted to try a darker shade but the "cakiness" is ridiculous. Might still try the matte foundation as the Perfect Luminous Foundation is not bad in this heat.

mkoparanova

The spring collection is up on Harrods, the blush looks crazy but maybe is not as pigmented as it looks.

The pictures are from here http://iledebeaute.ru/forum/cosmetics/151699/ and there are more.
I'll try to go check it out on Saturday.

Filmfreak

The lighter quad looks really nice. And the color of that blush is simply beautiful! Chanel's "Rouge" is rather pigmented too, but still wearable. Maybe this one's the same?

mkoparanova

Swatches: http://britishbeautyblogger.com/dolce-gabbana-beauty-spring-2015/
Wow.. the blush! I want the yellow nail polish and the gloss, I need to see the rest.

Medgal07

The spring collection is up on Harrods, the blush looks crazy but maybe is not as pigmented as it looks.

The pictures are from here http://iledebeaute.ru/forum/cosmetics/151699/ and there are more.
I'll try to go check it out on Saturday.
The jewel-toned NP caught my eye!

sugarberry

Swatches: http://britishbeautyblogger.com/dolce-gabbana-beauty-spring-2015/
Wow.. the blush! I want the yellow nail polish and the gloss, I need to see the rest.
That quad is insane! I actually like the neutral quad, too. Just barely there colours!

mkoparanova

That quad is insane! I actually like the neutral quad, too. Just barely there colours!
I like the neutral one too! But I need to see it first.

I'm disappointed that it doesn't have special packaging, I loved the lace and the jewel collections.