Dose of Colors

elenahutch

Is it normal that the two matte liquid lipsticks I ordered look like this? Other companies' lipsticks do not look like this when brand new, they do only after I have used them several times. What do you think? And why does the package say that its net weight is 4.5 g, while my scale showed 2.5 g ALONG with the package of course.
cry.gif

erine1881

Is it normal that the two matte liquid lipsticks I ordered look like this? Other companies' lipsticks do not look like this when brand new, they do only after I have used them several times. What do you think? And why does the package say that its net weight is 4.5 g, while my scale showed 2.5 g ALONG with the package of course.[ATTACHMENT=1149]P6180004.JPG (560k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT] :cry:  
All liqud lipsticks can have air bubbles in them. It's called settling.

bunnypoet

Is it normal that the two matte liquid lipsticks I ordered look like this? Other companies' lipsticks do not look like this when brand new, they do only after I have used them several times. What do you think? And why does the package say that its net weight is 4.5 g, while my scale showed 2.5 g ALONG with the package of course.
cry.gif
My Lime Crime liquid lipstick in Utopia arrived with obvious separating and some air bubbles.

elenahutch

All liqud lipsticks can have air bubbles in them. It's called settling.
I undestand that, but how come it's the first time I get a liquid matte lipstick like this? Any other company's, such as Maybelline, never looked separated. And plus, 2 out of the 3 DOC I ordered look separated, the other does not.

erine1881

I undestand that, but how come it's the first time I get a liquid matte lipstick like this? Any other company's, such as Maybelline, never looked separated. And plus, 2 out of the 3 DOC I ordered look separated, the other does not.
It just happens. It doesn't mean it happens with every lipstick from every brand, but it does happen. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. It just depends on the temperature of the warehouse they were stored in, the temperature of the truck they were delivered on, and the temperature when they were delivered. Some of mine have arrived with bubbles, some haven't. They're still all 100% fine.

elenahutch

It just happens. It doesn't mean it happens with every lipstick from every brand, but it does happen. It doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. It just depends on the temperature of the warehouse they were stored in, the temperature of the truck they were delivered on, and the temperature when they were delivered. Some of mine have arrived with bubbles, some haven't. They're still all 100% fine.
Thank you very much! You were really helpful!
peace2.gif

oliviahood96

I'm new to this thread and have been lusting over Dose of Colors for so long, but we don't have it here in the UK! I'm going over to New York in October and I know they stock Dose of Colors in Ricky's NYC. Does anyone know if there is a particular store they stock Dose of colors at or if they all stock it?

MissElle12

I'm new to this thread and have been lusting over Dose of Colors for so long, but we don't have it here in the UK! I'm going over to New York in October and I know they stock Dose of Colors in Ricky's NYC. Does anyone know if there is a particular store they stock Dose of colors at or if they all stock it?
I think they all stock it. You can order on the website and choose the "pick up in store" option...if there is a store nearby where you are staying you can pick it up there!

LavenderPearl

I think they all stock it.  You can order on the website and choose the "pick up in store" option...if there is a store nearby where you are staying you can pick it up there!
Thats a good idea, I never thought of picking it up in store! Thank you!
Just keep in mind that in-store pickup can take up to a week to process and all sales are final, so if you're unsure about anything you might want to wait until you're in-person! :2cents: You can also look on their site for locations and phone numbers. Before I went to NYC, I called like every Ricky's in Manhattan to check their DoC stock :crazy: They seem to all carry the brand.

Latest posts