Dyed my hair reddish-brown FOTN

natjotua

the look is beautiful! and i love love love the new hair color! it suits you so much better!

LilSphinx

Very soft and pretty, I like that.
smiles.gif

-Cute idea with putting your MAC postcards up in your toilet alcove like that!
smiles.gif

laperle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
waves to laperle

You are stunning in any color!!!

I'm sorry for the off-topic comment, but, hell, trish, i miss u! my skin has been truly problematic for the past couple months, so i'm kinda just watching and killing myself watching all u ladies FOTDs.

I'm even considering a little photoshop on my skin just to be able to post again, but the make up can cause even bigger breakouts
ssad.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
i find that the more you dye your hair the colour, the longer the red tone will stay.
make sure you're using a shampoo/conditioner for coloured hair. wash in cold water. use as little shampoo as possible

Thats the exact advice I was about to give.

Red is the hardest color to bot keep and get rid of.

I'm a natural dark red color but I like to keep my hair an unnatural bright red tone. I've done every color in the last couple of years and red is a toughie.

If you can I suggest going to a beuaty supply shop and investing in a can of color mousse. I use a bright red tone and a gold tone inbetween color applications.
When you do dye try holding off as long as possible with washing it at first and then when you do wash in very cool water. My favorite shampoo and conditioner for my hair is Pureology color care products. You should be able to get that in a salon somewhere in your area if you decide to.

Once you color your hair a few times the color will start to stay in better.

Hope you can get your color to work for you.

Love that look on you!

burtnyks

I did the same thing as you....went from blonde to a reddish/brown tone. I wash my hair every other day and use Pureology as well as Artec Color Depositing shampoo and conditioner in Cherry Bark. It still fades, but I'm at 5 weeks right now and it still has some red tones. You could also ask your stylist to mix some of the color he/she used (or a toner) in with a conditioner. I have done that before and it really helps.