E.L.F Cosmetics

jaclynashley

The Studio Contour brush is my least favorite brush.
My aunt owns it and if you pull all the hairs to one side there is a huge gap.
Your better off buying 3 contour brushes.
smiles.gif

Or you could try the pointy sponge tip brushes,but I doubt they would last longer than 5 applications.

Vixxan

I was going to try the studio line before I found that video. I like the $1 contour brush so much I bought 15 of them.

Ode to Joy

Thanks again, you're all so helpful!
I have read the same thing about the half - full ferule on the Contour brush.... I think I will stick to a 222 or 224 in this case.

I am only interested in the Studio line because I want the overall look of my brush collection to be the same, black handle...

So far my brush wishlist goes like this:

Studio Powder Brush
Studio Complexion Brush
Studio Eyeshadow C Brush
Studio Small Precision Brush OR Small Smudge Brush

Not sure if I should give the Angled Foundation Brush a try.

Also, if anyone happens to own both of these, it would be great if you could share your opinion:
How does the Elf Studio Angled Liner compare to the Coastal Scents Taklon Angled Liner? I would rather buy from ELF because I don't feel 100 % fine with supporting Coastal Scents...

shellyky

FYI last weekend at my local ROSS 'dress for less' store, they had a ton of ELF 'kits'--i didnt pay much attention but i think they were liek 5 dollars it came with a couple brushes and i think it was like a minerals set, with a brush case and maybe 6-7 'pots' of stuff. they had various different 'sets'.

jaclynashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode to Joy
Thanks again, you're all so helpful!
I have read the same thing about the half - full ferule on the Contour brush.... I think I will stick to a 222 or 224 in this case.

I am only interested in the Studio line because I want the overall look of my brush collection to be the same, black handle...

So far my brush wishlist goes like this:

Studio Powder Brush
Studio Complexion Brush
Studio Eyeshadow C Brush
Studio Small Precision Brush OR Small Smudge Brush

Not sure if I should give the Angled Foundation Brush a try.

Also, if anyone happens to own both of these, it would be great if you could share your opinion:
How does the Elf Studio Angled Liner compare to the Coastal Scents Taklon Angled Liner? I would rather buy from ELF because I don't feel 100 % fine with supporting Coastal Scents...

The complexion brush is awesome as well as the powder brush,they get as much use as my MAC brushes!
The angled foundation brush my Aunt also owns and it works great with all foundations,so much better than the $1 foundation brush!
smiles.gif

I don't own the Coastal Scents or Studio angled liner brush so I can't help you with that.

anita22

Does anyone have the Studio Small Angled brush? I was wondering how it compares in size to the MAC #208. I've been hunting around for a synthetic version of the 208 but all the angled brushes I've found are quite wide, which is not so great for my small eyes.

Thanks!!

Mizzvaine

Re: What are your favorite ELF products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyBunnyBunny
Omg. I want to try these false lashes on their website, EyesLipsFace.com They look nifty.

It's either i suck at putting eyelashes or they're really hard to put on. The glue that comes with the lashes is not very effective. I had to use the glue i got from Walgreens (Lash duo).

Anyways, I like some ELF products and hate some.. hehe.

I love:
-All over cover stick ( really great concealer esp if under the eyes)
-Shimmering Facial Whip in toasted (great highlighter/ eyeshadow cream)
-e/s brush ( I LOVE LOVE this brush)

I hate
-Bronzer (it broke me out)
-Face brush (not soft
ssad.gif
.. harsh on skin)

winkiss.gif

xBubblegum

I love their Studio Powder brush, it applies my MAC MSF Natural and blush/bronzer really well, absolutely love it!

Would love to try out their other brushes too.. maybe lipgloss or false eyelashes as well.
smiles.gif

raspberries

I got elf products as free extras and throw ins in makeupalley until now, but I am really starting to love these products! I really like their Shimmering Facial Whips, you can use them on your cheeks to give you that dewy healthy glow. It says you can use them on your lips too, but I never tried... I'm having mixed feelings about using it on my lips. I also like their Liquid eyeliner! the tip is very firm and precise.

LisaOrestea

I am amazed at how much I love my first order from E.L.F's studio line.

I ordered, Flat topped brush, C Brush, contour brush, complexion perfection, blush and bronzer palette, concealer pencil.

There isn't a single thing that I dislike. My favourites are the flat topped brush (it is SO versatile!) the complexion perfection palette and the concealer pencil (probably my favourite concealer product I have used so far!

Seriously, I urge anyone who hasn't tried this stuff yet to just GO FOR IT!

It is so cheap too
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif
greengrin.gif

fa.iza88

i realllly want to know about that brush belt is it worth it???cuz its soo much cheaper than the Mac or the Sigma one

MkupTart

I recently bought an E.L.F Blending Brush ($1), it has the same shape as MAC's #217 brush (which I recently lost and have been mourning). While it isn't as soft as the #217 it does a pretty great job of blending.

Right now I don't have the $$$ to spend on MAC. I saw the brush while at my local $.99 store and thought "Its a $1"

I am going back to pick up more just as back ups. My eyes are kind of small and this brush fits perfectly and is stiff enough that I don't over blend. I really love it and highly recommend for those that want a dupe of the #217 and are on a tight budget.

roxyr

Found this on SlickDeals...

ELF Cosmetics offers 75% off their Studio Line when you enter code WWYB75S at checkout. Shipping is free if you spend $18.75 (after coupon), otherwise it starts at $6.95.

R~

reem2790

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxyr
Found this on SlickDeals...

ELF Cosmetics offers 75% off their Studio Line when you enter code WWYB75S at checkout. Shipping is free if you spend $18.75 (after coupon), otherwise it starts at $6.95.

R~

thanks so much for this code! you can get $130 of product for like $30!!

reem2790

shady shady elf. they shut the site down on me when i tried to use the code. they've done this before, but why make such a big code if you dont want us using it??

roxyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by reem2790
the coupon now only works up to $10 off
ssad.gif

I'm sorry Reem2790. I think did a switch-a-roo. This is what I found on Slickdeals.net where one of the ladies talk to cust serv...

Ten dollars off max...here's what I told them! xD

[Ronnie] Coupon code WWYB75S
[Ronnie] Hello?
[Esther] Thank you for your interest in e.l.f. Cosmetics. We apologize for any confusion regarding this coupon code. This was a limited coupon code which was offered to a limited amount of our customers and not meant to be shared. Please feel free to use the coupon code, but we have now limited the discount to a maximum of $10.
[Ronnie] Why do you always do this?
[Ronnie] That's not fair to the rest of the ELF customers.
[Esther] I apologize however the coupon was not meant to be shared,
[Ronnie] Then why even send it out?
[Ronnie] Sharing is caring.
[Esther] It was a test just to a few customers
[Ronnie] ..
[Ronnie] Why did you send it to a few customers, why didn't the ELF staff just test it out?
[Ronnie] It's no fun to be left out of a great deal, as you probably can figure.
[Esther] I apologize Ronnie, Was there anything else I can help you with today?
[Ronnie] I suppose not.
[Esther] Have a nice day!
[Ronnie] THANKS YOU TOO! <3
The operator has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.

R~

reem2790

LOL! thats so funny!

im not sad, i actually got an order in before they did that, $130 worth for $33. amazing deal
smiles.gif

reem2790

the brush belt is wonderful, btw. it holds allll my 40+ brushes with room to spare, i love it. it's VERY durable and easy to clean.

Latest posts