E.L.F Cosmetics

Visual Edge

I'm going to get the full studio line brush set, the eyeliner pen and some falsies because the price is irrestistable and I've heard good things! Might as well make it a bigger order for the price, so can anyone tell me if they've tried the eyeliner shadow stick? These really appeal to me but I havent seen any reviews of this particular product.

anita22

^ Wow, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the brush set.

Has anyone got the beauty encyclopedia?? I was thinking of getting it for my little sis. It has instructions, which I thought might be useful.

ms. kendra

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellaxx
i bought some stuff from there and i hated everything, it basically all got thrown out!

the only thing i kept were the eyelash curlers and the tweezers

Ditto. I bought some eyeshadows, lipgloss, and the lash curler.
The eyeshadows were very chalky, and I wasn't impressed with the gloss.

louislover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I haven't heard one bad thing about the ELF eyeshadow brushes, they are Ahmazing, I also love the cream shadows as a base, but very little at a time... I ordered some ELF studio brushes they should be coming soon
One thing I do love is the Eyebrow Kit from the Studio line. I have no eyebrows, they are very scarce and I use it with the 266 SE MAC brush, LOVES IT

i love the quad palettes!! for a dollar
smiles.gif
love it! They house most my pressed MAC pigments

anita22

Some great news for anyone who is in the UK - I emailed ELF and asked them if there were any plans to launch the Studio line in the UK, and apparently it is launching here next month! :) Very exciting, I hope they'll be having some good deals on it to promote it.

sararose

I recently won a $25 gift certificate from E.L.F.'s Twitter for Tweeting the best make-up tip! Two of the products I picked up were their Total Face Brush and Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending Brush from their normal, professional line, and they are HORRIBLE brushes!! The bristles feel rough and scratchy. The Blushing, Bronzing, and Blending brush is tiny, it's not even close to as full, fluffy, and dense as my Sephora #40 Angled Blush Brush.

I guess I shouldn't have expected much from brushes that cost $1!

sararose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I haven't heard one bad thing about the ELF eyeshadow brushes, they are Ahmazing, I also love the cream shadows as a base, but very little at a time... I ordered some ELF studio brushes they should be coming soon
One thing I do love is the Eyebrow Kit from the Studio line. I have no eyebrows, they are very scarce and I use it with the 266 SE MAC brush, LOVES IT

I also have many of the studio line eyeshadow brushes and they are great! I also use the studio line Eyebrow Kit as well!! I have very dark eyebrows, but I apply my foundation right over them, and this kit brings them back to life and defines them!

SagaLina

Re: What are your favorite ELF products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalSister19
Lashes, Lashes, Lashes!!!!

I order them by the ton. They are great. I have personally worn them as well. I have gotten a dozen or so wears from a single pair. They keep my lash bank well stocked.

They only have two styles, but with your technique - they can be amped up quite a bit. Here is a pic of one of my models wearing their Dramatic Lash style:

LindaBeautemed.jpg

Model: Linda
Photo: CJID (cjid)

Wow beautiful!

lkvf99

I love the elf brushes and lipgloss but hate the eyeshadows. They are very powdery to me. Where in target are the elf products sold?

Boasorte

they also sell it in Kmart, but a VERY lmited amount, they would rather u buy from the site with that ridculous shipping

tepa1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYSKYHiGH
I've tried there new Studio line's (flattop) powder brush and angled liner brush; Their powder brush is most def. worth it: super soft and pretty dense considering the $3 price tag.

I have the powder brush also and I LOVE IT! I use it to stipple and blend my foundation in and it does a great job. It is super soft and it does not shed. I will definitely buy another if they ever have a free shipping deal!

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tepa1974
I have the powder brush also and I LOVE IT! I use it to stipple and blend my foundation in and it does a great job. It is super soft and it does not shed. I will definitely buy another if they ever have a free shipping deal!

^ It's not free, but shipping is $1.95 on the US site right now. You also get a $5 gift card with any purchase! Discount code 5FOR5SHIPPING
thmbup.gif

sugarbumpkin

I have a few products from E.L.F. Here's a quick review:

-Pressed mini eyeshadow palettes have very good color payoff, especially for the price. Just don't drop them, they can't take too much beating or they'll shatter. Powders are kind of dusty, but not too bad.

-Cream shadows are definitely not my favorite. Maybe you can use a very very thin amount for a base, but by itself and without primer (haven't tried them with primer) they crease within minutes.

-Lip gloss doesn't seem to work for me. I really wanted to like them but it showed up as kind of chunky and uneven on my lips. I do have very very dry lips, and I do put on lip balm before applying the gloss, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

-Nail cuticle softener pen I only used a few times and it didn't seem to do anything for me. Maybe because I didn't use it often enough?

-I love the eyeshadow brushes. I bought a whole set of brushes but I've only used the eyeshadow ones so far. I will not buy any other brand of brushes but ELF's because they're so darned cheap and good quality. No problems with shedding. I've actually gotten more shedding from my Smashbox Kabuki brush than any of my ELF brushes.

-Nail polish smells as bad as any other nail polish, but it seems to be just as good. But then again, I've only used them once.

And that's all that I own. Hope that helped some people.

anita22

Studio line is now up on ELF's UK website for anyone who might be interested... you can't order yet, but it must be available pretty soon! Everything seems to be priced at £3.50.

lilylibs

Quote:
Originally Posted by anita22
Studio line is now up on ELF's UK website for anyone who might be interested... you can't order yet, but it must be available pretty soon! Everything seems to be priced at £3.50.

£3.50 seems quite reasonable, still cheaper than most brands on the highstreet. Theres a few things id like to try out, but i dont really like buying things without seeing them first!

Vixxan

elf2.jpg

First picture:

E.L.F. Contouring brush and MAC 219. The 219 is a much smaller brush.

Second picture:

MAC 224
MAC 226
E.L.F. Contouring
MAC 219

My personal favorites are MAC 226 and E.L.F. Contouring.

Ode to Joy

wtff.gif
wtff.gif
th_worship.gif
th_worship.gif

That's what I call fast! Thank you so much!
Do you know if the Contour brush from the 1 $ line and the Studio line one are the same, just different design?

Latest posts