E.L.F Cosmetics

TeresitaMC

Hey everyone,
I wanted to let Canadians know that Giant Tiger is now carrying ELF products! I was there today and got a couple things
smiles.gif
They had an eye palette, lip palette, and a lot of other sets, some for lips, some for eyes, or a mixture. The prices are comparable since on the site it is $US and we pay shipping. For example a set with 3 products was $3.97 and a set with 5 products was $5.97. I don't recall how much the palettes were, sorry! Even the cashier was intrigued and said she wanted to check them out herself as well!
greengrin.gif

Here is a link to the stores website for reference: Giant Tiger

pretty~nyxie

i just place a $60 order on E.L.F. and only payed $38! Yay for coupon codes!!!
choochoo.gif
i got 50% off all of my Studio line products using the code EGSTUDIOX
I ordered the mineral primer, the brush cleaners and the HD powder along with some other stuff so i'll post again later to let you all know what i think of them!

Lady Gray

I've just ordered my first ELF products.

Eyeshadow primer
Lip Primer
A lipstick
A Lip liner
Eyebrow kit

I'm hoping they all do a good job but if not, it's not like I will have lost much money!

pretty~nyxie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamergirl3
Has anyone tried the High Definition powder? I'm dying to know how it is!

i ordered it, but i just got my shipping confirmation today (i placed the order sunday night!) and it said that hd powder was out of stock so they credited it back to my card
ssad.gif
but i did get the new mineral primer also so im still excited about that!

anita22

I wanted to order the HD powder, but it's out of stock in the UK already. Boo. At least I got a free Studio Mini Makeup palette though
smiles.gif

Has anyone tried the Studio Pressed Powder? I can hardly find any reviews. It says on the ELF website it can be applied wet for more coverage, which makes it sound more like a foundation.

Kragey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
why isnt the studio coupong working anymore? anyone know any good ones?

RetailMeNot.com has a ton of great ELF coupons. I depend on that site.

nebbish

Okay, after reading everything you guys have said, I'm making my first ELF order.
I've gotten a couple brushes [eyeshadow, eyeliner I think?, all-over face, and the eyelash curler] LOVE the eyeshadow & curler. The face brush was a bit too loose for my liking, but maybe I'm just doin' it wrong. The eyeliner brush ... I just didn't like. Have discovered it's amazing for blending out NYX jumbo pencils, tho.

Am ordering :
Basic Browns mineral eyeshadow kit [three eyeshadows, two brushes, and an eyeliner for like $12 before discount? Sweet.]
Blending brush
Mineral bronzer
Mineral blush in coral
and an eyeliner sharpener XD

All for $16.45 with shipping after that DELIGHTFUL 75% off coupon.
Will let you ladies know what I think :]

Lady Gray

I received my order yesterday.

The brow shaping kit is fab but I'll need to practice with it.

The lip liner I chose is darker thank I thought it would be (its called "something" mauve" buts nice and goes with some lipsticks I have.

The lip primer and plumper is good, not sure it plumps much and the whole end fell out when I opened it but it's ok, the primer does what I need it to.

Mineral eye primer seems ok, I haven't really had a good test yet.

Stunning lipstick in Pouty Petal which is a perfect nude pink on me. Lovely! All for less than a tenner!

howleekorian

I bought the HD powder from ELF, but I am nervous to try it because I heard that people were using the CS silica powder as a replacement for the MUFE HD powder and some have mentioned that the silica is damaging to your face.

Do ELF products pass US beauty products policies? I still think its too good to be true. How on earth do they make money with their items being so darn cheap? I feel like they have some child slave labor camp somewhere because their prices are just ridiculously cheap.

mz_ELLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeresitaMC
Hey everyone,
I wanted to let Canadians know that Giant Tiger is now carrying ELF products! I was there today and got a couple things
smiles.gif
They had an eye palette, lip palette, and a lot of other sets, some for lips, some for eyes, or a mixture. The prices are comparable since on the site it is $US and we pay shipping. For example a set with 3 products was $3.97 and a set with 5 products was $5.97. I don't recall how much the palettes were, sorry! Even the cashier was intrigued and said she wanted to check them out herself as well!
greengrin.gif

Here is a link to the stores website for reference: Giant Tiger

Thanks! That's good to know. Usually I'd have to go to Winners to try and find some ELF products, and there's not a lot to choose from.

LoveStoned

love their C brush! picks up eyeshadow really well. i haven't tried their cosmetics yet though, but i'm planning to try a few things soon.

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by howleekorian
I bought the HD powder from ELF, but I am nervous to try it because I heard that people were using the CS silica powder as a replacement for the MUFE HD powder and some have mentioned that the silica is damaging to your face.

Do ELF products pass US beauty products policies? I still think its too good to be true. How on earth do they make money with their items being so darn cheap? I feel like they have some child slave labor camp somewhere because their prices are just ridiculously cheap.

ELF trumps CS anyday. This is their own brand, and they're not resellers. How they make money doesn't really matter does it? But if you MUST know, they rarely advertise, and they have loyal customers, and ppl order loads of stuff all the time.

laulovesbilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by howleekorian

The HD powder can only be as dangerous as Smashbox Photofinish is or MUFE HD powder. The silica in cosmetics is hydrated silica..the dangerous one which ruins the skin and lungs is crystalline silica. It has many of the same ingredients as those type of primers(all the -cones), as opposed to water based primers. Some girls have been mixing the HD powder with their moisturizers and making their own primers with it.

th_DANCE.gif
I'm so excited for my first ELF order.I got a Complexion brush from the Studio line and the HD Powder.Shipping was quick I ordered it on the 21st and it's due to arrive soon.I haven't really seen any women of color using the HD powder, so I'm looking to see how that fairs out on our skin since it is supposed to be translucent.

Vixxan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I love the powder brush for liquied foundation!!!

MUCH BETTER THAN STIPPLING BRUSHES I SWEAR!!! :O

Which powder brush studio line or regular line?

shimmercoconut

I absolutely love elf. Their studio line is my fave followed by the mineral line. I also get more satisfaction purchasing elf since I can get so much for so little. The mineral e/s are my fave (earthy is gorgeous). The mineral lipsticks have a great texture. The brushes are better than sephora but not as good as mac. I love how they have a lot of tools like train cases, sponges, brush bags etc

Latest posts