E.L.F Cosmetics

mizvolta

ELF mineral vs regular eyeshadow?

I'm looking to purchase eyeshadow and the eye brightening sets seem like such a great deal, but at $1 each I'm a bit skeptical. Would it be better to purchase the mineral line (I don't like the studio line's shades), or do the regular ones work just as well?

HOTasFCUK

Re: ELF mineral vs regular eyeshadow?

Years ago, i bought the $1 shadows with the four shades in it and it wasn't good but i think they reformulated their stuff and the quality is much better now from all he swatches i've seen. I love their mineral eyeshadows though, you have to get Socialite!!! And i do want to try some of their $1 eyeshadows as some look really nice. There are rave reviews on mua for the Butternut one. And i bought 3 of the liquid eyeshadows and they are really pretty.

HOTasFCUK

Re: ELF mineral vs regular eyeshadow?

I hope they come out with more studio eyeshadows in better finishes and expand their entire lines in general!

Boasorte

Studio Contour Brush= Nothing short of amazing, I just got them in 2 days ago, and am already loving it, in addition to the Studio glosses. Not to fond of the mineral primer, it makes my shadow dull, and crease city!

Nicala

Not sure if many of you are aware, but Target now carries ELF & the Studio line.
smiles.gif

HOTasFCUK

^Aghhh i wish we had Target in Canada! But i may be going to the States soon anyways. I just placed my second large order with ELF last week. My first order which was a few weeks ago was about 32 or so pieces and this haul is 29 items! I had a coupon code for 60% off the Studio line so i'm getting more of that. Love the mineral lipglosses as well as the minty ones. And i can't rave more enough of the studio blushes. I have 5 already and just ordered another 4. Love them!!! Oh and the golden studio bronzer!!! I'm kicking myself for not buying another back-up as i use it almost everyday but i got the warm one coming.

beautylush

good prices, love it , a couple products could do better, but I guess you get what you pay for!

Send me your samples! (just kidding, unless you want to
tong.gif
)

'Some people spend their whole life trying to find something they love. I already found mine. Makeup.'

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_pumpkin
are there any new discount codes ?

Try retailmenot.com for tons of new coupons or even E.L.F's facebook page. Last month i got the entire studio line brush kit for free! Last week there was a promo if you spend over $25, you can pick 10 mineral eyeshadows/pigments for free!!! Can't wait to get my order this week. And for all the Canadians......it says shipping is about $15 but if you pay with paypal, shipping is only $6.95. Wish i knew this when i placed my first order.

beautylush

I just put ELF nail polish on my fingers in Bubblegum pink, and it is awesome! It looks pretty good...

The eyeshadows are good too. I have most of the quads.

HOTasFCUK

I have their nailpolishes in coral or hot coral and plum. I've only tried the coral but the brush drives me nuts and i find it a really messy application!

I got 3 cream eyeshadows in my order and i hate them. They are so oily and greasy. Everything else is great though. Wish i ordered another back-up of golden bronzer. I own all the studio blushes and i highly recommend them! Can't wait to see what new stuff they will come out with!

Senoj

I really love ELF, I just got into it recently. I love the Waterproof liquid eyeliner, the eyeshadow brush and their blushes are amazing.

ZoZo

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_pumpkin
are there any new discount codes ?

Hi, I just received an e.mail from elf with these SPECIAL OFFERS :

$1.98 SHIPPING!
Use code EGSHIP198 with $20 purchase.

SAVE $5 FOR CINCO DE MAYO!
Use code EGCDM with $20 purchase.

5 NEW NAIL POLISH COLORS FREE!
Use code EGPOLAXA with $20 purchase.

THROW AWAY YOUR PURSE! 50% OFF MINERALS!
Use code ECTAPMZ with $20 purchase.

FREE STUDIO GIFT, A $76 VALUE!
Use code TATMSGA with $20 purchase.

so go shopping ladies..

CommeDesGarcons

do any of u ladies have recommendations for "must have" elf brushes? i have the powder brush from the studio line and i was utterly surprised by the quality. feels much more expensive than it is and it's perfect for buffing in your foundation.

HOTasFCUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommeDesGarçons
do any of u ladies have recommendations for "must have" elf brushes? i have the powder brush from the studio line and i was utterly surprised by the quality. feels much more expensive than it is and it's perfect for buffing in your foundation.

All the studio line brushes are great! I have the entire set and they are pretty nice. From the dolalr line, the crease and eyeshadow brushes are pretty good too!

CommeDesGarcons

well it's just that i have the contour brush for the eyes (also from the studio line) and i don't find it particularly helpful. can't blend with it because it's too stiff. if it had a pointed tip i would use it for the lash line, but it's just too thick the way it is.