E.L.F Cosmetics

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm similar with the $1 quads. The pigmentation is so-so, but they're hard to work with because they're so bloody tiny! If they were more like the Revlon or Maybelline quads, it would be much better. The foundation brush was okay, I thought. I got it years ago when I got the nine-brush kit with the brush case (some of the brushes I got are different from what it comes with now; then again, I bought it back in 2005 or so?). I don't think I had it for very long before the ferrule broke.

I like this brand. I usually get the eyeshadows only to try a colour before I buy a higher end one, but the little brush the kits come with is awesome for the price! I got a gunmetal, a shimmery black and a pure white in my kit, black and white were crap but the gunmetal colour was amazing!

xintricate

i have two of their studio powder brushes, i was so impressed by the first one i had to buy another! also i've heard a lot of good things about their blushes so i'll have to try those at some point

XNatalieX

Gah, 50% off E.L.F in the US again....AND free shipping.

Have fun you guys :'( *goes to cry in the corner*
I noticed this too. All the US customers were talking about a email that they got with a code for 50% off. I waited and waited and nothing and ended up buy anyway 0_o

Kandi Lush

Oh I love this brand. I like their brushes and especially their basic eyeshadow brush as it is the right size for my eyelids. I was tempted to try their foundation but I tend to stick to my high end foundations than get bargain shadows brushes etc . I am impressed with their gel eyeliner

orchid1

I like E.L.F. , I have few brushes from studio line, mineral face primer, it's perfect for me, great substitute when I can't by expencive one ...booster wich I adore :)

23rdmarch

I like that brand, but I've got only this products I was sure that will be pretty good after reading lots of reviews. ;) I've got two of their brushes, and I'm really satisfied, their cream eyeliners and HD powder are also very good!

SUMM3RxBABii

I actually got my first ELF product (well 2) from Target the other day. There was a whole section and I mainly just wanted to get the brushes since I've heard good things about them and they're only $1. They were sold out when I went to K-Mart a few months ago. :(

I've been wanting to get my hands on their stuff for a while now but I never really liked buying like $25 worth of stuff just to get free shipping.

But I got myself a concealer and eyeshadow brush and I don't really like the concealer all that much but I like smell.

Christinaann5

Yes- I have been ordering from Elf for years now and each time is always a surprise.. I think their Customer Service is awful..Ive had great experiences but then awful experiences so id give it 50-50 chance that it can go either way which is crazy that they still after all this time (i can maybe forgive them if they were new, or if theyve only had a few specials or holidays) but they always have some special. One thing is that when they are out of stock, they use to not even post it- now theyve fixed that part but still most of the time the main reason i order for a particular item- it will come without it..they do refund your card but sometimes id rather have it sent to me when it is back in stock. So be wary of that. Also, i typically wait around 3-4 weeks per order which is absurb considering i order on monday a business day & live in Pennsylvania which their warehouse is in New Jersey, i could drive there & back before they even "PROCESS" my order. Also, they have lost 3 packages so far.. you can track orders on FedEx but since they also use FEDEX SMARTPOST (which ive learned will let shipment trucks sit til their trucks are full since its "economic" for me, not really so all that means is they decide when they want to move) so sometimes i would think it was just sitting 4 hours away when month later, they still have no clue where its at, its always a whoswho emails/phone calls since noone at ELF Customer Service Line will answer any questions or give you an answer of any sort) but they will eventually send you a new shipment which in the end you must wait for another 2 weeks & half the time by then half my order is OUT OF STOCK) So why do i order still? haha i dunno sometimes. I just am OBSESSED with Elf Cosmetics. I am a single girl barely making it in this economy & i also luv makeup so their products to me are amazing. So i try not to order online, i try to pick up most of my products from Target or Big Lots or Ross. Most of the time i can get most items but sometimes they have really good sales on items that my stores dont have (and yes my local stores arent so local, they are an hour away so sometimes i dont even get to go there) so im stuck with a hard decision sometimes. I really do love their Cosmetics and they are probably my favorites ever but I have read that joining their Forum & emailing their Head Customer Relations department will help. That they listen there. Im not sure. I hope this helps others. I dont want to scare people away bc you may always have good experiences which GREAT FOR YOU really i get happy when people dont experience these nightmares. I didnt for over 2 years then all of a sudden it started..Dont get me wrong i still test my luck sometimes bc eventually i will get my makeup..

i have a few of their products and i guess i'll do a quick one or two sentence review about them. HTH!

Foundation Brush($1) - This was my very first makeup brush ever! I bought it maybe 3 years ago and it's still holding up great. I don't get much use out of it though becuase I use other brushes for foundation now.

Angled Blush Brush($1) - Hate this! It was too scratchy for me to use for anything. I tossed it just a few weeks ago because i couldnt stand it any longer.

Studio Powder Brush($3) - LOVE IT! I use this on a daily basis for my foundation, powder and to just blend out my blush if i need to. I seriously need a second one asap.

Studio Blush in Tickled Pink($3) - Ehh. It's too light for me, it barely shows up when I rub my finger in it to swatch.

Studio Blush in Candid Coral($3) - Same problem as Tickled Pink, not enough color to show up on my skin whenever I attempt to wear it.

Studio Blush in Pink Passion($3) - I like this one. It actually shows up on my skin, but can be too pink if I dont blend it out enough or apply too much.

Contouring Blush and Bronzing Powder Duo($3) - I love the bronzer in this! The blush is okay, it only shows up on my skin when I layer it on.

Eyelid Primer($1) - My daily eye primer! Great for being only $1. My shadows stay on all day long. Can't compare it to any higher end primers though, i dont own any.

Little Black Beauty Book, Eyeshadow Edition(??? Gifted) - I havent had a chance to wear any of the shadows out, but when I swatched the colors, most were very pigmented. Others were powdery with no color pay-off at all. There's glitter in all of the colors, but it isn't so apparent and obvious when swatched.

Everyday Naturals 32-color Palette($5) - Most are a little powdery, but the color payoff is good. I don't reach for this palette often as I would like to, since there are so many nice colors in this palette.

inishkai

For ELF, what get what you pay for, period. The Studio brushes are good but nothing special. The dollar line face brushes suck. :/

kareen uyduanco

hi everyone! im new here :) anyway, i honestly dislike elf products. especially their concealer correctors! it doesn't do ANYTHING on me. its just too sheer on me (having so much freckles and all that) but i love their brushes! i bought a powder brush and a flat top brush and im willing to purchase three more for each! i tried their stippling brush too and its fantastic! :)

what about their Mineral cosmetic products? I'm planning on ordering Mineral Booster in Sheer and maybe the highlighter if the first one is good. A friend told me the mineral blushes are not quite pigmented..

shellygrrl

Staff member
Haven't tried any of those, but I do have three of the lipsticks from the Mineral line (Runway Pink, Nicely Nude, Natural Nymph), and they're pretty good.

Makep Junkie

I have quite a few ELF products and I love them a lot. They are pretty inexpensive but have good quality. Their 32 piece palette has loads of great shades from matte to shimmer, to glitter shadows. One thing I don't like about them though is they need a good sticky base for the color to show up well. However, for the price you cannot really complain about it.

dazzler143

I love their Studio Brushes and I really love them! I'm also using their cream eyeliner and it's really good because it doesn't smudge if applied on the lash lines. You can't use this on the waterline though because it will surely melt. Has anyone tried their mascara? Is it any good?

Makep Junkie

Good thing I didn't get the angled liner brush :). I was planning on buying it last week but I passed on it. I still haven't gotten my hands on the HD powder! I have been wanting to get it but they're always out of stock :(. I wish they have it back soon because I just gotta have it!

PixieSkull

Quite a bit of love for ELF on here, that's not too bad. I've bought lots of ELF in the last few years and have some loves and ughs.

Loves:
Studio brushes - not the most dense brushes, but they aren't so bad despite that. The kabuki brushes are great for powder foundations of all kinds. I like the crease brush and crease brushes and foundation and... well, most of them. Some seem to be duplicates with a slight millimeter difference in length or width, though.
Mineral Lipsticks - creamy, smooth application, nice color payoff, great price, good amount in the tube, decent lasting power, moisturizing.
Luscious Liquid Lipsticks - great color selection, cheap, great to try new or different colors, moisturizing, not gloopy.
Waterproof Eyeliner Pen - pretty great for the price and amount. Some colors are disappointing (plum and midnight don't seem to have much, if any, color to them besides bleh black) but the black and brown are great. They can dry up a bit quick, but for the price, I don't mind as much.
Studio HD Powder - AMAZING! For the price, it's one of the absolute greatest finishing powders ever. Comparable to Smashbox, etc, if not better!
Studio Gel Eyeliners - Again, another amazing product! Sure, the tiny brushes that come with them aren't the greatest, but they get the job done if you don't have one of the better studio brushes. I own black, coffee, metallic olive and copper. They're all opaque, with great gliding ability and staying power. Copper is amazing to me, I love the way it looks on me. Black is great! A nice, deep and rich black that is plenty opaque.
All Over Cover Stick - a godsend for summer weather, sometimes I wear it thinly with just HD powder over top
Tinted Moisturizer - in the little tube, great for simple summer wear while running around in a bathing suit.

Ughs:
Eye Brightening Eyeliner - hard, impossible to put on, no payoff
Eye Brightening Quads - chalky, little to no color payoff, feel cheap and look cheap
Shimmering Facial Whip - too frosty and NOT blendable
Plumping Lip Glaze - tiny, very little product, horrible colors with chunky glitter
Lip Balm SPF 15 - hard, supposed to be moisturizing? Ha! Can't even get it on my lips!
Hypershine Lip Gloss - Gloopy, tacky, thick, sticky... all just yucky textured.
Lip Lock Pencil - supposed to keep lipstick within your lipline when applied just outside of it. Instead, the lipsticks all feathered on top of it.

Latest posts