E.L.F Cosmetics

allthingsglam

Hey all, I just thought I'd share swatches of the bronzer from the Little Mermaid collection, it's called "Surf's Up". I contour but don't ever wear bronzer. I only bought this for the packaging so I don't know how it compares in terms of quality or color to Elf's other bronzers. The bronzer is only $5 but I wouldn't say it's a must-have unless you just want it for the packaging like me. :) The bronzer is a light/warm brown with golden shimmer. The shimmer (arguably glitter) is a little chunky but it goes on even. The shimmer does disperse a bit when swatched so I think it will be more noticeable if it's blended out too much. I went over the swatch on the left with a damp brush and the one on the right is dry. I took two photos to show the bronzer's shimmer and dimension. I'm not really a neutral shimmer kind of gal, but I think it would be really pretty as eyeshadow (applied wet) especially if your skin is really close to the tan shade of the bronzer. The artwork is beautiful!
(Click for a better look)
Has anyone picked up anything from the collection or from the 50% off sale recently? Please share! I bought mostly tools but no makeup. I'm condensing my makeup collection so I must live vicariously through you all. By the way, I purchased my bronzer from Drugstore.com. You can also get it directly from Walgreen's website if you don't want to go the store.
very beautiful I love the packaging too

Kaidan

Has anyone picked up anything from the collection or from the 50% off sale recently? Please share! I bought mostly tools but no makeup. I'm condensing my makeup collection so I must live vicariously through you all for a while.
smiles.gif
The packaging is stunning! Thank you for posting and sharing this, Jumping Mice! :)

I saw the makeup bags, a brush kit, fake eyelashes, and an eyeshadow with a lip gloss kit on Walgreens today, and they all look lovely packaging wise. I might want to get the eyeshadow kit but the colors look a bit similar to the ones from the Ariel/Sephora line which I already have. The makeup bags are definitely on my wishlist though.

Jumping Mice

What?! Makeup bags?! I saw the other stuff but I had no idea there were makeup bags! I'll have to be on the lookout for those! I really wish they had made a mirrored compact like Revlon did for their Marchesa collection. I'm sure it would've been adorable. I didn't get the palette just because I'm trying to condense my collection and the colors just aren't my style. The artwork is so pretty though and hard to resist!

MorbidMermaiden

I don't have very much experience with e.l.f. stuff but I did get the Ariel eyeshadow palette and lip set. I agree that the artwork is amazing! I saw the makeup bags but I made myself pass. I don't need any more cute makeup bags.

emberdarling

I got the brushes and the eyeshadows (not the palette) because I had to be realistic an didn't think I would use the palette much. I really liked it though and I also really liked the long skinny makeup bag but made myself walk away before I spent an arm and a leg

Jumping Mice

I didn't get the palette either because I know I'd never use it. That's why I always hope that special collections from any brand will include functional things like compacts or bags. While the artwork is beautiful, makeup does go bad and then you're left with a beautiful piece of cardboard that you can either toss, cut up and display or leave hidden away somewhere which is what I think most people do. It just seems like a waste. I saw the bags and may just have to pick up one or two though. I just love makeup bags and train cases of any kind, it's so hard to resist sometimes!

MorbidMermaiden

There's a new Snow White collection popping up at Walgreens now! Have any of you ladies seen it? My local store only had three pieces so far and I got the Fairest of Them All Face Collection which consists of a blush/bronzer duo and a brush. Pics are showing up on Instagram and there are bags for this one too. They look really cute.

Dolly Snow

There's a new Snow White collection popping up at Walgreens now! Have any of you ladies seen it? My local store only had three pieces so far and I got the Fairest of Them All Face Collection which consists of a blush/bronzer duo and a brush. Pics are showing up on Instagram and there are bags for this one too. They look really cute.
Yes I want the bags lol I love Snow white

allthingsglam

I want them to I will go to walgreens soon

alexisweaver

I'm seeing them all over ig but my damn Walgreens gets everything late. Hopefully they'll be here sometime next week. Loved the Ariel eyelashes!!

MorbidMermaiden

I ended up returning the blush/bronzer duo. The pigmentation just wasn't there and I am PALE. Got one of the makeup bags instead.

shellygrrl

Staff member
I ended up returning the blush/bronzer duo. The pigmentation just wasn't there and I am PALE. Got one of the makeup bags instead.
The blush/bronzer duo in St. Lucia from the Studio range is definitely pigmented. (I bought it way back when it was the only duo available.) While the blush is okay for us palies, the bronzer is way too dark.

allthingsglam

The blush/bronzer duo in St. Lucia from the Studio range is definitely pigmented. (I bought it way back when it was the only duo available.) While the blush is okay for us palies, the bronzer is way too dark.
I have st Lucia in the creme version and I love it but it is very dark so I have to be carefully when applying it

stacybreann

a lot of their products are hit and miss, but being so affordable it's not a huge disappointment if they are a dud! There are some products of theirs that I really like, for starters the HD cream blush is great (it is super pigmented though so be careful not to apply a lot, just put a dab on the back of your hand and apply it with a stiple brush) their lip lock pencil is amazing- keeps my red lipstick on for hours! their moisturizing lipsticks are great: cheap and pigmented! their eyebrow palette is a must have! I like it better than my benefit brow palette even makeup must and set leaves makeup on all day under eye setting powder keeps my under eye concealer in place without creasing their long lasting lustrous eye shadow is amazing!!! it's a must have also they're powder highlights are amazing they have some other products that I like, but it's cheap and worth trying!

FashionistaVick

Just adding my two cents! I am still discovering ELF product by product. I am definitely not a fan of their lipglosses -- too sticky! But I love their brushes and eyebrow kit!! Surprisingly their foundation does really well for me, but I try not to use too much. I am back to BB Cream.

miraclesystem

Their $1 smudge brush is my absolute go-to when using loose pigments...I literally have 8 of them, they're so cheap and I don't have to clean them as much. Though one gripe I've had with their products is that their eyelash curler HATES my eyelashes. Talk about painful, definitely on the lookout for a new one.