E.L.F Cosmetics

aeni

Re: ELF Brushes... YAY or NAY?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophistichic
I went onto ELF and I'm a bit tempted to buy their brushes, just because I need a good quality travel set because I don't want to risk losing my expensive MAC brushes... I hate planes sometimes, they've lost so much of my luggage... So what do you think ladies?

Why haven't you brush rolled and put them in your carryon?

sophistichic

That would be the smart thing to do, but I have a habit of losing things even on the plane. I have to bring up my laptop, a million binders, and my floor plans and designs (I'm an aspiring architect)... It's not that hard to forget a bag... I'm a doofus...

Plus, when I'm in hotels and stuff I forget to bring them with me when I'm transferring from place to place. When I realize it, it's too late to go and call the hotel back...

aeni

Oh no! Good enough reason!

I've never used ELF brushes, but any brush is technically good as long as you use it for the right product and take care of them. And they're cheap enough to use!

Don't know about the fallout. That would be my biggest question.

wordgirl

I've had very mixed results with the e.l.f. brushes.

The eye shadow brush (a flat brush) is great. I'd put this against many high-end brushes. I have three and have seen no fallout.

Their synthetic concealer, foundation and eyeliner brushes are OK, the lip defining brush is decent and it's hard to mess up a spoolie.

But the rest of the brushes - eh, not impressed. The face brushes are very low-end (unlike the ES brush, exactly what you'd expect for $1.) The "blending eye brush" is really awful - like they chased down a running squirrel to get the bristles. (I just threw that one away, but bristles were already falling out.) And the "smudge" eye brush fell apart the first time I used it.

xheylushx

Re: E.L.F. is coming out with a Mineral Makeup Line

I saw that on the website today when I was christmas shopping
I can't decide whether I want to try it or not
it's only 5 dollars so I might go for it

MsCocoa

The mineral glow powder looks nice, the stuff doesn't look too bad though.

Twinkle_Twinkle

After it took nearly 6 weeks to get my elf purchase, I don't think I'll ever order anything from them again. Especially when it's not even a dollar.

Rubiez

Ah....that's interesting, they are branching out a lot.

MadchenRogue

Well I heard good reviews for the Sonia Kashuk brushes. They are onsale at target...for 18 bucks. Check it out !

astronaut

I've heard really good reviews on the Costco brushes. It's only 20 something dollars for a bunch of brushes. I'm thinking of maybe getting the set myself to apply makeup on others. I don't like using MY brushes lol.

Lorelai

I don't own any myself, but according to my cousin..."the bristles on many of the e.l.f. brushes are smooth when compared to other drugstore brands. They provided a smear and flake free application (though some were a bit scratchy on my eye). The foundation brush was particularly nice; the professional eye liner brush is a bit stiff, but works well with a cake eyeliner."

e.l.f. brushes, unfortunately, are not known to be consistent. Several of my friend's brushes shed terribly, while my cousin's brush has yet to loose a single bristle. Both have had handles on various brushes fall off with no prior warning or unusual use.

These cosmetic brushes are certainly not high end but they’re pretty good for one dollar a piece. Personally, I would spend twenty dollars on either the Sonia Kashuk or Cosco brush sets; these brushes are a good investment for those on a tight budget or who don't want to spend an arm and a leg for brand name brushes.

Hope that helps!

yes.gif

mandilovesmakeup

if you're shopping for ELF brushes i highly recommend their eyeshadow brush..but that's it. their foundation brush is not full enough. their angles contour brush hurts as well as their blending brush. also, their concealer brush is way too small..even if it's only a $1..a dollar is a dollar..

MiCHiE

Re: Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F.)

Man! I will never order from their site again! My order has been "In Processing" for 6 days! I sent them an email asking when I might be able to expect it to FINALLY be processed. They sent me a copy & pasted answer from their FAQ section! I hate online ordering that's slower than snail mail. They won't be seeing my CC again.

wordgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
i heard their brushes are decent so i'm DYING to try those. and also the 4-pan palette is only $1 so you can't beat that! unfortunately i'll have to wait another couple of weeks until i go back to school b/c none of the Target stores in my area carry them, only the one out by school does.

A few of their brushes are decent - I like the flat ES brush a lot and the angle isn't so bad. The "blending" brush is terrible, even for $1, and the "smudger" fell apart the first time I used it.

Their empty palettes fit small MAC ES pans, and you can get 5 pans in there if you remove the plastic insert. They're mirrored, too, which gives them a slight edge over MAC pro pans.

Their eyelash curler and tweezers flat-out rock IMHO. I like the e.l.f. tweezers almost as much as my Tweezermans.

kristakamikaze

I recently got my order from E.L.F
i love their brushes,
well all but the blending one,
im a HUGE fan of the all over face, eyeshadow and foundation brushes tho

kristakamikaze

Re: E.l.f

i love my little drama eyeshadow quad thing,
and my brushes from ELF

the blending brush is disgusting tho.
haha<3