E.L.F Cosmetics

smellyocheese

I just ordered a few stuff from them and I think I rushed into it. *sighs* I can't help myself when I see make-up

I ordered:

- Mineral concealer
- Duo eyeshadow cream
- tone correcting concealer
- earth and water mascara duo
- brightening color x2

oh well... we'll see how it turns out then

nahtay

I finally have time to do a review on E.L.F makeup.

Shipping: I live in Canada and had placed my $15 worth purchase on the 6th of Feb. It was shipped on the 7th and due to customs etc. I recieved my order on the 18th (which happened to be a holiday in my Province) - which was awesome. I recieved everything I ordered.
th_DANCE.gif

I had ordered the following:
- Duo Cream Eye Shadows (Olive, ButterPecan, Moca Swirl)
- Liquid Eye Liner (Coffee and Black)
- Quads (Butternut, Neutrals, Lux)
(yes I know that doesn't add up to 15 its because I ordered some twice for friends/family).

So far,
Liquid Eye Liner - I love! It is WATERPROOF. I had tested it on my hand. I couldnt rub it off, even under water. The brush for it however it was a bit long, it wasn't a felt tip but its still worthit for the price.

Quads - Impressed me a lot. I thought it would break easly at first touch. But it was silky smooth. Decent pigment, beautiful!

Duo Cream Eyeshadow - I'm still trying to get use to cream eyeshadow. I'll have to experience more to review.

I used coupons to make my shipping/order be less. I find ELF is decent enough. I'm not "into makeup" as much because the enviroment I'm in at work/school policy...

I hope this review help others.

ps. I'm currently awaiting my next shipment. So I shall back

lovelyinspiron

I will never order from them again. I think I had about 17 items but when I actually got the package, about half was missing due to being "out of stock". The eyeliners are crap. They were greasy and sheer. The eyeshadows were like kid's play makeup. You get what you paid for.

xangela

I've been waiting for my order to be processed for a little over a week now, I've e-mailed them but no response. Kind of frustrating but for $1 palettes I can manage.

Does anyone have bronzers from them? I'm trying to find some larger pans to press some blush in, and was wondering how large the ELF ones were compared to the MAC powder blush.

mello

I LOVELOVELOVE the glosses! Smell great, taste great and are really moisturizing. I love how some of them have SPF in them.
A friend of mine ordered a bunch of stuff off of the site. I was surprised by the amount of pigmentation in the shadows, they would probably look great on top of a base. I've never actually used it on myself though so I wouldn't know of the durability. She also got a concealer stick thing and it was pretty thick. I don't think it would be that great for someone who is prone to break outs as I would it assume it would clog pores like mad. It seems like it might also be pretty hard to spread around with a brush. The only beef I have with some of the products is that they're way too small! My friend got a pressed powder (which she loved), but she nearly used it all up in a couple of weeks!
She said she really liked all the stuff she got, though. I have yet to order myself, as I am hesitant about the quality of some of their products. When I have extra money to spend I might try it out!

xangela

I will definitely not order from their website again, that's for sure. My order has been in order processing for two weeks.. all I ordered was a couple quads, lol. :/

lefunt

Hey, first post lol.

I bought some of their stuff from the UK website and as many have said, the blending brush is utter rubbish but i use it to apply powder to set my concealer under my eyes.

The eyeshadow brush is fantastic. densely packed and applies evenly. The bristles are soft.

The Noisture-care lip colour smells of peppermint (which i love) and is pigmented and goes on well. The padded spongey applicator is so so so nice and the product itself is good. I would definatly purchase this again as well as the eyeshadow brush.

The all over colour stick is so incredibly frosty!! more than shimmery but not glittery. I have it in pink lemonade and it smells orangey but i wouldnt buy this again. i havent tried it as a base but i will do to see if i can tone it down abit. It is quite nice, baby pink with lots of silver frost and it blends well.

the worst product out of all was the vitamin e lip balm. the most useless crap ever! it goes on white, it doesnt emulsify as such, it just sits there and doesnt moisturise at all. its thick and breaks off in chunks! i actually threw mine away. rubbish IMO.

hope this helps!

-moonflower-

The UK website is rubbish, it's only got like a quarter of the products on it! I was hoping to get the Master Set, it's only €63 (Around the price of four MAC eyeshadows over here) and has over 100 items in it. It's so cheap I wouldn't even mind if half of it turned out to be crap!
But they don't sell it on the UK site...
ssad.gif

sofabean

i just put an order in. i got their lash kits, a pair of tweezers, the brow brush, a brow gloss, two blushes, and some other stuff that i can't quite recall... i don't expect much out of their products as this is my first time ordering from them and since everything was $1 each...

sofabean

okay so I FINALLY got my order. their shipping sucks. their policy is that they ship within 7-14 business days and they literally shipped mine on the 14th business day from when i had ordered it... so that's ike 14 days + however many weekends they skipped over. the day before they shipped my stuff, they sent me an email apologizing for how long the shipping was taking so I thought they were going to prolong is EVEN MORE, but I guess they didn't. It totally sounded like they were though. AND my order is missing 2 items. They aren't back ordered. They just forgot to put them in there cuz they charged me for everything that I had ordered already... I did email them and I'm waiting for a reply back. Their packaging is really crappy and flimsy. Their tweezers suck... I totally suggest tweezerman over these. Their blushes however are pretty nice for $1.

red

Re: What are your favorite ELF products?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiahe
i love their 4-pan palettes - they fit MAC shadows!!!! and i love their eyelash curler, too =)

I bought 6
yahoo.gif

What a deal!!! It fits Mac, Lorac, Milani, Jane e/s .. and for $1 each you can't beat it! Also has a mirror ... where are you going to get a deal like that?
th_DANCE.gif

Also, I bought their blending brush for $1, not bad :-D

cindel25

Anyone know exactly where they're shipping from? I remember when I first heard about ELF; they shipped from NYC and I got my order within a couple of days.

I placed one last week and it's been 5 shipping days so far.

ETA: Finally got my stuff.

KellyBean

Love the lashes, the eyeshadow brush and the spoolie. I'l definitely buy more of each of them! I didn't like the blending brush or the eyeliner brush.

miss_cinday

Quote:
Originally Posted by voguette
Can I buy their products at Target (I think I've read that somewhere) or @ any other store?

i believe some targets carry them, none near where i live. i believe they have a store locater on their website. i also think that some rite aids and dollar stores carry them.

miss_cinday

i purchased a lot of their items a while back and some of their products are pretty good for the price. their eyelash curler sucks because mine broke after a few uses. i really liked the shimmering facial whips to use as a base for my eyeshadows until the tips snapped off and got all over the place. their blushes are way too soft and powdery and it broke really easily, so that was gone in a few weeks. i do love their eyeshadow brush. their eyeshadows are okay as long as you use a good base. heres a link of swatches i posted up of the eyeshadows i did order. http://specktra.net/f217/elf-swatches-107048/

Moxy

RED, (sorry for a dumb question) is that a mac eyeshadow in the palette? If it is, is that the depotted one or the pan one?
I am sooo getting these palettes if depotted MAC eyeshows fit
choochoo.gif

(I'm probably the only person who doesn't like MAC's black 15 eyeshadow palette
blush-anim-cl.gif
)