Early Buzz Regarding MAC Collections/Products Coming in 2011 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krasevayadancer

Just a heads up folks, I have been going backstage this week, and have seen a lot of the products in action. Feel free to ask me any questions, or check out my coverage.
smiles.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
thankyou darlin'!
winkiss.gif

all this fashion week info is getting me super excited for next year! i hope we get fewer collections, but with more products. like a FF/SCF sized one every two/three months.

This would be ideal! It's the little collections that sneak up on ya.
getyou.gif

Soul Unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krasevayadancer
Just a heads up folks, I have been going backstage this week, and have seen a lot of the products in action. Feel free to ask me any questions, or check out my coverage.
smiles.gif

Great stuff! Tell us EVERYTHING
th_DANCE.gif
please, including the juice on these cream eye shadows and correctors!!

TIA!!
thmbup.gif

cutegingerbread

I hope in 2011 there's more quality and less quantity in the collections (for my wallet's sake! haha) I found that the 2010 collections were so often and barely had anything I was excited for
th_dunno.gif

As for the lilac paintpot, I'm
yahoo.gif
about this! I'm a neutrals girl but love shades like lilac (such as hypnotizing e/s from love lace) for my brown eyes!

laylalovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
th_DANCE.gif

TIA!!
thmbup.gif

Yes, please!
yahoo.gif

Krasevayadancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther27
Adina,hey how are you?
cutey.gif

Hey, J! I am a mess, haha. Fashion week has drained me of all my life force, between the running around back and forth, backstages, and events.

Otherwise, I am great! You?
smiles.gif

panther27

Quote:
Hey, J! I am a mess, haha. Fashion week has drained me of all my life force, between the running around back and forth, backstages, and events.

smiles.gif

I'm doing good,life sounds pretty busy and tiring for you,but being at fashion week must be wicked nice!

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky
not at all! the more the merrier because i'm sure to miss something
smiles.gif

thanks for that link! lilac metal paint pot? YUM!
greengrin.gif

Spunky.. you look adorable
winkiss.gif

shontay07108

Wow. A lilac paint pot? Fantastic! Someone mentioned pastel colored gps's a long time ago, but paint pots will do. This makes me want to break out my lilac cream shadow by mufe. I love that fashion week is inspiring me.

martiangurll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
Wow. A lilac paint pot? Fantastic! Someone mentioned pastel colored gps's a long time ago, but paint pots will do. This makes me want to break out my lilac cream shadow by mufe. I love that fashion week is inspiring me.

pppst. I just bought a lilac cream eyeshadow at the CCO made by EL. I think it is called Lilac Petals or s/t like that.

I got all excited about the MAC lilac PP until I saw the word "metal" attached to it. I like my lilacs soft and pastel, not all metal and frosty.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I don't know which is which?

The quad is the correctors right?
The cream shadows would be like the ones that came out before like 2 years ago, the ones that creased like the dickens on me, right? I liked the concept but I hope these are reformulated.

Lilac paint pot: yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sungelly87
I'm a bit confused as well...I thought the cream shadows were pans that you can put in a quad....I know I saw a pic of it somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Unique
th_DANCE.gif

TIA!!
thmbup.gif

the quad is the cream shadows, which are not the same as the metal-x shadows. the individual pans were the correctors, which are old news. check em out here.

MAC PRO | Studio Finish Skin Corrector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitacska
Why? What's wrong with using MSFN as bronzer?

cuz that's not what they're for. there's a reason why there's these and seperate bronzers. the MSFNs are meant to set foundations or to be worn on there own to even out skintone, which is completely different than what bronzers do. bronzers need a different finish to act as bronzers, and these just don't have that finish.

maybe its just me, but it annoys me when people use things for what they aren't intended for. i'm all for improvising in a pinch, but all the time? just use it for what its meant for.

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
the quad is the cream shadows, which are not the same as the metal-x shadows. the individual pans were the correctors, which are old news. check em out here.

cuz that's not what they're for. there's a reason why there's these and seperate bronzers. the MSFNs are meant to set foundations or to be worn on there own to even out skintone, which is completely different than what bronzers do. bronzers need a different finish to act as bronzers, and these just don't have that finish.

maybe its just me, but it annoys me when people use things for what they aren't intended for. i'm all for improvising in a pinch, but all the time? just use it for what its meant for.

I thought I was the only one. And even though I don't use MSF's, people saying they use it as a bronzer always got the screwface from me.

elegant-one

Quote:

smiles.gif

OH MY Its naughty girl
winkiss.gif
I MISS You!!!!!!
heart.gif
heart.gif

hugs & kisses

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by shontay07108
I thought I was the only one. And even though I don't use MSF's, people saying they use it as a bronzer always got the screwface from me.

th_hug.gif

it'll be funny to see people look of confusion once the mineralize bronzers do come out. they won't know what to do, seeing as they've been using the MSFNs as one!
th_LMAO.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamQueen21
A lilac paint pot?! Count me in!!! I imagine that paint pot as a gorgeous base over Milk and Kitschmas pigments!!!

and dont forget beautiful iris and crazy cool!
smiles.gif
thmbup.gif

tamarindi

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881

When I was at a duty free MAC store 2 weeks ago I asked the MA where are the bronzers? I can't find them.. and she answered - they are right in front of you and pointed at the MSFNs, so I told her these are meant to set foundations... fortunately 5 minutes later I found the hidden true bronzers...

Status
Not open for further replies.