electric cool eye shadow

Audrey C

Awww I thought these were regular size eyeshadow pots, but I guess I was wrong :( In that case, it's a pass for me.

Also, I was at The Bay to pick up my HC items, and I swear I saw this collection out. Was I dreaming? It was a bunch of brightly colored eyeshadows that are larger than the regular size but not as big as pro longwear, and they have screw caps. The texture is liquidy powder. I can't remember the name of the collection, but I could swear this was it.
I was at a Bay today and they had the Illustrated bags out, but not the shadows. Maybe someone put them out early by mistake at yours.

SatelliteDrmr

The shadows look like regular size... I played with this collet tonite, and honestly, I wasn't very impressed. The shadows were nice, but easily duped. The smoky kit is pretty much beautiful iris, contrast, and a charcoal colour. Same with the lip sets. The best parts is the bags and brush rolls.

liba

Sign me up for Team ALL OF THEM
Heavens to Betsy, I'm having a tough time narrowing these down - at least sight unseen - but now, after hearing my MA tell me how incredibly pigmented they are, plus how the texture is sheeny instead of glittery (but not wet looking), well YIKES.
icon_eek.gif
I even cut down on the HC shadows I had set aside (including a really perfect Bright Moon and Neo Nebula), in wait for these.

Right now, I'm wanting so many:

Love Power - Soft Shimmering rose >>>>> maybe I can skip this and wait for the rose shadows coming with Office Hours.
Dynamo - Mid-tone coral >>>>> Mid-tones and corals usually are smashing on me. High probability on this one.
Highly Charged - Rich purple with pink pearlized pigments >>>>>>> Some purples look cheap, but chances are this'll be sweet with the pink sheen.
Brilliantly Lit - Bright acid yellow green >>>>>>> not a color that usually looks good on me, but if the pigmentation is crazy, it could work.
Switch to Blue - Rich Cobalt >>>>>>> Sky is awesome and this could be a great compliment to it. Cobalt blue is my fave blue for eyeshadow - glad it's back in style.
Pure Flash! - Pale champagne >>>>>>> "Silverfish" sheen just sounds too gorgeous. There's a pale champagne crushed metal pigment from Summer Stash I wear all the time - this could be a good replacement.
Superwatt - Light shimmering taupe >>>>>>>> some taupes are more flattering on me than others - will need to be unique, or it's a skip
Coil - Copper bronze >>>>>>>> I've got so many shades like this, but they're some of the most flattering with my green eyes/coloring. I use Venetian Tarnish and Golden Gaze every week. On the fence on this one.
Electoplate - Cool gunmetal grey >>>>>>> cool greys aren't too great on me, but gunmetal.....
Blacklit - Black with multi-dimensional pearlized pigments >>>>>> Definite YES, although I'm sad it may not be totally wet-look.
Infra-Violet - Mid-tone pink violet with blue pearlized pigments >>>>>> Sounds scrumptious - I love blue iridescence.
Fashion Circuit - Bright kelly green >>>>>> not usually too flattering on me. Supergrass is the only one I have and I don't use it that often.
Half of me's hoping they won't be all that, lol.
heat.gif

singer82

the set will only be at NORDSTROMS the shadows will launch august 2nd in all locations.there are 2 bags from illustrated that will launch with 2 4 others at mac stores for their annual makeup bag refresh. hope that clears up the confusion 
It does thank you very much! :bouquet: Ill def be picking up the pink lip bag from Nordstrom. Im a sucker for pink lips. So glad there's a dazzleglass creme! Utoh the shadows sound amazing! I need more shadows like a hole in my head lol but they sound too good to pass up! I really need to take it easy after this till Marilyn. My wallet needs a breather. But I cant help it! Its good to know i have a place where people share my obsession! Love you guys!

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Uh oh, it looks really good... if I imagine that in the taupe and the champagne color, I might need one of those after all. Thanks for posting.

SatelliteDrmr

The shadows look like regular size... I played with this collet tonite, and honestly, I wasn't very impressed. The shadows were nice, but easily duped. The smoky kit is pretty much beautiful iris, contrast, and a charcoal colour. Same with the lip sets. The best parts is the bags and brush rolls.
I put this in the wrong thread
huh2.gif
It was meant for the Illustrated thread.

For clarification, I did not see the electric cool eyeshadows at all. The shadows I'm talking about are the kits with illustrated.

singer82

I was just at the bay sherway and they are out
ad222dc5-5ec4-8a36.jpg
Pic is so so MA was hovering.
The green is amazing! Loving the two purpleish shades as well! Thank goodness these aren't out till Aug. Gotta recover from HC. I'm so proud of MAC so far this year. The collections have been awesome so far! Bad for my credit though lol

MzFit

So these are nothing like big bounce at all texture is way better. I do think the packaging is horible seems like you are getting very little product for the price tag on them $22 in Canada. I was hoping they would be like Chanel's Illusion d’Ombre way to high of an expectation on my part but a girl can dream right. I swatched Superwatt and Pure Flash they are pretty but they really remind my of the l'oreal infallible shadows with a tad more sheen to them. Dynamo the mid tone coral seemed chalky to me over all it's texture was off. Electoplate was pretty but I have enough gray smokey eye shadows to easily pass it up.

Before I bought any of them I wanted to swatch them next to Chanel's Illusion d’Ombre so I walked over to holts. The bay chanel counter there was 3 ladies working with no customers all I wanted to do was look not buy holts was poping busy so it made it easy for me to swatch with no bother. I almost peed my pants when I saw that there was new Illusion d’Ombre out 89 vision is my lust and over all the reason I walked away without buying a thing from Electric Cool. I know the texture of Illusion d’Ombre and how they work and I love it to pieces price tag is high but honestly worth it IMO.

I'd say that Electric Cool is not a complete fail if you don't have things like it similar in your collection then have at it. I do and there was just nothing in it that I felt like I had to have. I figure there is a good chance they will appear in a CCO a year or so down the road so I will just wait for that.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
I'm really curious to see swatches, the colours definitely look pretty in the pan. Thanks for the pic, MzFit!

Icecaramellatte

Thanks for the info. So you got Vision? I can't wait to see it myself. I'm glad this is coming out in August. Hopefully, I will skip them at the Nordstrom sale. If they have colors I don't have I may get a few.

MzFit

Thanks for the info. So you got Vision? I can't wait to see it myself. I'm glad this is coming out in August. Hopefully, I will skip them at the Nordstrom sale. If they have colors I don't have I may get a few.
I didn't get anything yet I am trying this new thing to walk away from a purchase rather than instant gratification.