Electro Flash~ What Are U Getting????

Lip_gloss_whore

I got a chance to see the eyeshadows in this collection at my local MAC store yesterday. I have decided to get Odd Couple, Sea &Sky, Fresh Green mix, and Hot Contrast so far.....
yahoo.gif
I probably will end up getting a few more... LOL I haven't seen any of the lip products yet I will wait until the release day to decide on those because I have about 18 things for B2MAC so I will get the lip products with that.... What are you ladies getting from this collection???

zuiahiah99

i want to see the lippies in person. and for the msf eyeshadow, i missed these the last time so i will get polar opposite, hot contrast, and fresh green. I usually get alot when something new comes out, but the price might limit my haul.

GlossyAbby

I love the lippies so far but it all changes when I try them on....I will prolly get 2 of the e/s I am trying to limit myself b/c my son's birthday is in August so we have a party to throw and he is getting a Wii.....goodbye my extra mac $ ...and the other collections are gorgeous....so hopefully I can TRY and be good

Lip_gloss_whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlossyAbby
I love the lippies so far but it all changes when I try them on....I will prolly get 2 of the e/s I am trying to limit myself b/c my son's birthday is in August so we have a party to throw and he is getting a Wii.....goodbye my extra mac $ ...and the other collections are gorgeous....so hopefully I can TRY and be good

My son's first birthday is July 31st and my birthday is August 1st and I'm also throwing him a huge party so that will limit my purchases this month also... So I'm skipping the colourforms collection except for a few pigments that I will buy as a birthday gift to myself..... LOL

Ladyvirtuous

So far I purchased Fresh Green Mix, Sea and Sky and Hot contrast.

Like someone said, I have to see the lippies in person.

jardinaires

i got vanity's child lipstick, play on plums, fresh green mix, and sea & sky.

i had somewhat looked forward to hot contrast but once i saw it i was just sort of unimpressed... it's pretty, it's just kinda useless to me, i already have a ton of black eye shadows and the red/silver side came out kinda murky looking on my hand and i didn't really care for it.

pretebrowneyes

Here's my list:

ElectroflashPolar OppositesPink SplitLove ConnectionOdd CoupleHot ContrastSea & SkyPlay on PlumsTwo to GlowLil Hot Pepper

(i have a little MAC wishlist xcel thing goin on, lol) I only have one mes that I got from the clearance bin here....so I'm really excited to add to my collection. I've decided to skip colourforms in hopes of at least knocking some of this out.....

TDoll

After trying them all, out of the MES I think I'm only getting Polar Opposites and Love Connection. Love Connection is so shimmery and pretty...could easily be used as a highlighter or cheek color. Polar Opposites is awesome and the mixed side makes a beautiful silver (which is why I'm passing on the Polar Opposites). I'm debating whether or not to get Fresh Green b/c it had the prettiest payoff to me, but I've already got enough greens!
I think I'm passing on the lippies. I tried them all out and a few of them are nice, but they can be easily duped by other ones I've got. None of them are really different or special imo.
But who knows! We'll see what I actually end up with when I go pick up my stuff Thursday!

Face2Mac

I only ordered Sea and Sky. It seems like a beautiful blue that will not be hard to apply like some of the blues released lately.

d n d

So far I only purchased Play on Plums. If I had to describe it I would say it's like a combo of All That Glitters and Twinks. It's pretty though. I also want to get Two to Glow and maybe one of the lipglasses.

damsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by damsel
i'm only getting fresh green mix

i did end up getting fresh green mix, but i also got hot contrast
heart.gif
. all the colors are lovely and will look good on pretty much anyone. a few of them look similar to colors we've already seen. i just got the ones that i loved the most.

GlamYOURUs

None of them are worth getting EXCEPT Sea & Sky imo.

Almost all of them are dupable. The color payoff isn't that great either except for the blue one. However, I did get Hot Contrast b/c it would make a beautiful smokey eye.

berryjuicy

I think I want hot contrast and polar opposite. The mixed side of hot contrast reminds me of the look I get with electra over flammable paint. It's probably not exact, but I think pretty close, which is why I'm undecided!!!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

Almost all of them are dupable. The color payoff isn't that great either except for the blue one. However, I did get Hot Contrast b/c it would make a beautiful smokey eye.

I got the same two shadows and that was it. Will you be my makeup twin? No seriously, I agree. If you don't have a lot of eye shadows I could see getting a lot of these, but I have my shadow bases covered for the most part and unless something is truly standout it's not worth it, and not much from this collection is truly standout. A lot of shadows look like permanent shades when applied.

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs

Those are the two that I got and the Fresh Green Mix. I thought the other ones were so
th_yawn.gif
!!!! I really saw no point for me to get the others. Like you said, they ALL look dupable (and plain boring)!!!! I would have truly regretted it if I got anymore than what I purchased.

Question: What bases do you ladies think is the best for this? (I have oily eyelids and I love vibrant color payoff.) I would have asked this in the big Electroflash thread, but I already asked another question and was basically ignored. So I had to post this question here.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
Those are the two that I got and the Fresh Green Mix. I thought the other ones were so
th_yawn.gif
!!!! I really saw no point for me to get the others. Like you said, they ALL look dupable (and plain boring)!!!! I would have truly regretted it if I got anymore than what I purchased.

Question: What bases do you ladies think is the best for this? (I have oily eyelids and I love vibrant color payoff.) I would have asked this in the big Electroflash thread, but I already asked another question and was basically ignored. So I had to post this question here.

You got Fresh Green Mix huh? How do you like it? I swatched it and I didn't like it at all. I wish the green was a lil brighter like Eyepopping from C Shock. Or that is what I was hoping it would be. lol

I would say paints or paintpots. But I had seen some MAs use CCBs. But to me, the CCBs are a no no b/c they tend to crease on me. And I find paints too drying for me. I love paintpots so I think they will make great bases under these gems.
yes.gif
hth!

alwaysbella

From the collections that came out this week i only saw this one in person...sadly i was not impress. Not what i was expeting, or just the fact that the price is a little higher and i have colors that are dupes to this. Also, i want to save money for the next coming collections. And to add to this on Aug. 3 is my son's baptism so there goes more money spending.

Latest posts