Electro Flash~ What Are U Getting????

imperfectbeauty

I got Sea & Sky, Fresh Green Mix, Hot Contrast and Polar Opposites. I love them all!! I wanted to get a silver shadow so i caved for Polar opposites. The others i dont really have any colors like that in my collection. The mix side of hot contrast was pretty different as well as the mono side of fresh green mix because i dont currently own any greens that come even close to being the same color. The mono side of sea & sky is gorgeous which is mainly why i got it. I pretty much got them for either one side or the other. lol.

spectrolite

I ordered:

Sea + Sky
Fresh Green Mix
Odd Couple
Hot Contrast

I cannot wait until these beauties arrive. The blue mono is gonna be amazing and after seeing lilchocolatema wearing the purple one in her vid, of course I had to get that too!
yahoo.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvirtuous
Those are the two that I got and the Fresh Green Mix. I thought the other ones were so
th_yawn.gif
!!!! I really saw no point for me to get the others. Like you said, they ALL look dupable (and plain boring)!!!! I would have truly regretted it if I got anymore than what I purchased.

Question: What bases do you ladies think is the best for this? (I have oily eyelids and I love vibrant color payoff.) I would have asked this in the big Electroflash thread, but I already asked another question and was basically ignored. So I had to post this question here.

I use UDPP as a base for EVERYTHING, and then I use a Shadestick, usually Fresh Cement for MES's. HTH.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlamYOURUs
You got Fresh Green Mix huh? How do you like it? I swatched it and I didn't like it at all. I wish the green was a lil brighter like Eyepopping from C Shock. Or that is what I was hoping it would be. lol

That's what I thought too. It was similar to Eyepopping, but Eyepopping is better.

Ladyvirtuous

Quote:
You got Fresh Green Mix huh? How do you like it? I swatched it and I didn't like it at all. I wish the green was a lil brighter like Eyepopping from C Shock. Or that is what I was hoping it would be. lol

I would say paints or paintpots. But I had seen some MAs use CCBs. But to me, the CCBs are a no no b/c they tend to crease on me. And I find paints too drying for me. I love paintpots so I think they will make great bases under these gems.
yes.gif
hth!

Thanks mama, yes that does help!!
winkiss.gif

I actually like the green!!! It looks like a calm Chartreuse pigment with more Gold in it. But I can see why you wished it was brighter, cuz I thought it would be bright too. Maybe using Chartru paint or Pagan p/p would make it brighter?
th_dunno.gif

Oh yes, and I do NOT like CCBS.
thmbdn.gif

brownsuga lady

I'm going today when I stop being lazy and get myself up. The plan is to get Sea + Sky, Fresh Green Mix and Hot Contrast. I also want ONE of the blushes. That's it.

franimal

I feel like a lot of people are getting sea & sky, fresh green mix, and hot contrast. That seems to be a popular combo anyways.... Well those are the three that I got.
I have only used fresh green mix and hot contrast. I wasn't as impressed with hot contrast as I had hoped to be. I thought the black side was going to be the deepest black which would be fluffy and smooth and solve all of our problems of finding the perfect black black, but it almost seemed chalkier than the others and the only way I could get the depth I wanted was by using it wet. The other side was just blah and frosty. I like the red, but on my particular eyeshadow, it was the hardest to pull out as an individual color. I tried fresh green mix and it is very beautiful. The lime side looks very similar to lucky green. I have a huge chunk of the dark olive color in the swirly side of mine which enables me to shade the crease of my eye and create a whole eye look. It is really beautiful and there is no glitter in it! I haven't tried sea and sky, but the blue is an absolutely stunning, vibrant, metallic blue which I know I will love. The only thing I have to worry about with this shadow is the purple veining which has a ton of glitter!

hr44

I purchased 6 of them. I bought
Two of Glow
Polar Opposite
Pink Split
Odd Couple
Sea & Sky
Hot Contrast

Ohh yea and the Lippies:
CultureClash (LOVE THIS- then again I'm addicted to pink lippies)
Love Thrill
Vanity's Child
Mellow Mood

Honestly, I love these. I experimented and I'm having a great time with them.
I did go in today to see the Green Mix.... I swatched it yesterday and today and the result is the same... not feeling it. I think IMO I have better and brighter greens so I passed on this set.

And I agree....

Sea & Sky are a MUST in everyone's collection. That blue is stunning. Almost hypnotizes you. =)

GlamYOURUs

I found a dupe for Hot Contrast!!!

Carbon
Both sides of Mi Lady MES mixed with Knight Divine will give you the other side.

hth!

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetface
Sea and Sky! SO FREAKING GORGEOUS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hr44
And I agree....

Sea & Sky are a MUST in everyone's collection. That blue is stunning. Almost hypnotizes you. =)

And I agree with both of you. That Sea and Sky is a must-have blue for every WOC! I ordered a back-up of it tonight. This is the blue I've been looking for like FOREVER!

I've had no fallout with any of the shadows like I have with the Flashtronic MESs. All of the Electroflash shadows are sooo pigmented and go on like butter! I’ve used my MAC 239, 224 and NARS’s #12 brushes to apply the different colors. I do not have to use mixing medium to get the vibrancy I want – they are of such high quality. MAC got it right with these MES collection! I’m in love w/them.

I'm trying out the "Fast Thrills" look tomorrow -- the combination of Sea and Sky, Hot Contrast, Fresh Green and Pink Split is so exciting. Can't wait to play with the look and see how it turns out!

Again, RUN, don’t walk to get SEA and SKY…..

d n d

I may have to go get Sea and Sky! I already have Deep Truth and all the blues from Cool Heat and I rarely wear them but you guys are almost tempting me to get it!

I bought Play on Plums. It is sooo pretty in the pot, but once I got it home and wore it I was less than impressed. It really didn't have a good color payoff in my opinion and the two colors look like shimmery versions of colors I already have so I probably will be returning it for something else.

hr44

Quote:
Originally Posted by d n d
I may have to go get Sea and Sky! I already have Deep Truth and all the blues from Cool Heat and I rarely wear them but you guys are almost tempting me to get it!

I bought Play on Plums. It is sooo pretty in the pot, but once I got it home and wore it I was less than impressed. It really didn't have a good color payoff in my opinion and the two colors look like shimmery versions of colors I already have so I probably will be returning it for something else.

Sea & Sky don't even compare to those!!!! Trust me.

Oh I agree with Play on Plums, it didn't play well on me.

But go for the Sea&Sky... I'm thinking of buying a backup of it and I've NEVER bought a backup of an eyeshadow.

SparklingWaves

FYI - According to the makeup artist that I spoke with today, you can apply these wet to get even more intensity. One way that he demonstrated it to me was to just lightly spray your makeup brush with Fix+ and then swipe it across the e/s. Apply the product. Bravo, you have gotten that color to really illuminate on your eyes.

HeavenLeiBlu

I have been drooling over Sea & Sky, and I now have it in my hands!
yahoo.gif
. That is all I meant to get, I swear. I'd been eyeing the Nuance and Warm Soul blushes but I was iffy about how the payoff would turn out on my nw45ish skin. I saw swatches of them all on ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, and then found myself wondering about Love Thing. Again, I swear I only meant to get Sea & Sky, but I ended up with Merrily blush. It's so SO pretty on my skin! I may still get Love Thing before it disappears, but Merrily has my heart for now.

pnuttbuttajelli

Quote:
I found a dupe for Hot Contrast!!!

Carbon
Both sides of Mi Lady MES mixed with Knight Divine will give you the other side.

hth!

lol, i was thinking that all along! honestly, if you have those two (Carbon and Mi' Lady) you don't need to get Hot Contrast.

seeing so many swatches of Hot Contrast made me think EVERYONE was getting it, but it just didn't appeal to me that much. a few minutes ago i used the 239 brush and applied Carbon and used a Sonia Kashuck brush (idr what it's called... i think it's the crease brush-- the big fluffy black eyelid brush) to apply the red side of Mi' Lady over it. granted, it doesn't look exactly the same, but if you do have those two colors it's definitely a decent enough substitute that will save you $17.50.

i was so set on getting Sea & Sky as well, but doing the same thing with Freshwater and the silver side of Silversmith is giving me second thoughts...

zuiahiah99

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuiahiah99
i want to see the lippies in person. and for the msf eyeshadow, i missed these the last time so i will get polar opposite, hot contrast, and fresh green. I usually get alot when something new comes out, but the price might limit my haul.

i ended up gettingll the gloss, one lipstick, and polar opposite, hot contrast, fresh green and play on plums. i really liked all of them, but i think i will wait because i may want some of the new shadows that come out at the end of the month.

Abhayah15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
FYI - According to the makeup artist that I spoke with today, you can apply these wet to get even more intensity.

but be sure to leave it open overnight so it doesnt get all nasty...the MA at my store made sure to emphasize that lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
I'd been eyeing the Nuance and Warm Soul blushes but I was iffy about how the payoff would turn out on my nw45ish skin.

Im NC45 and i got the nuance blush which IMO is wayy to sheer (passable) but its still pretty. I also got the love connection duo which im kinda regretting now cause it looks like every other shimmery beige color i have. Thanks to you ladies I think im going back for sea/sky and fresh green mix! I need some more color in my life!
th_DANCE.gif
lol

lilchocolatema

I did a video on the new collections, almost solely to emphasize this point!! This is the only way I would use the shadows. What's the fun in using them dry???
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
FYI - According to the makeup artist that I spoke with today, you can apply these wet to get even more intensity. One way that he demonstrated it to me was to just lightly spray your makeup brush with Fix+ and then swipe it across the e/s. Apply the product. Bravo, you have gotten that color to really illuminate on your eyes.