Embarrassed b/c visiting the MAC store too often

SoSoAmazin

girl, you are def. not alone! i go there wayyy too often but the MAs at my MAC are super cool
smiles.gif
One time one MA was like "Hey! How r u? Weren't u just here the other day?"
greengrin.gif
I just laughed and said "yeah, i'm back again!" LOL.. don't be ashamed about it, they want you to keep coming back and spending money
greengrin.gif
hehe..

blahblah03

I'd probably feel that way, but i have 3 MAC's near me since im in between 2 malls. so yeah i never go to the same mac. Hahaha

janwa09

OMG I just had this feeling last weekend during my visit to our MAC counter. I go there probably only 1-2X a month but would spend quite a sum during each visit. The last time I could sense a few stares from the MAs there. They're probably wondering why I need so much make-up or something or how I could spend so much each time I'm there. Well I ended up feeling really uncomfortable right before I left. But what's weird is that they're the ones who call me up whenever there's anything new in their store. Weird.

user79

I sometimes feel that way too, there's only 1 small counter in my city so I can't even switch it up by visiting different locations. And the thing is, whenever I go to MAC I am barely ever wearing a lot of makeup, so they are probably thinking, 'what on earth does she do with all that makeup?'

LOL

RaynelleM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I sometimes feel that way too, there's only 1 small counter in my city so I can't even switch it up by visiting different locations. And the thing is, whenever I go to MAC I am barely ever wearing a lot of makeup, so they are probably thinking, 'what on earth does she do with all that makeup?'

LOL

LOL … I always think the exact same thing cuz I usually go to MAC after work so I have very natural/subdued make-up on!! And then what usually happens is the poor MA will show me stuff and I’ll say oh I already have that and that and that and she’s prob thinking why the hell aren’t you wearing any of it?![/font]
There are 2 MAC counters (@ the Bay), a MAC Pro Store and a MAC store in the downtown area alone and I hardly ever go to the same one twice in a row so I have yet to be recognized by an MA!!

Trunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by GertiL
Recently I completely got hooked onto MAC. It started with a make over beginning of Jan. Now I visit the store every weekend and spending a lot of money. I love the colors, I love the inspiration I get from the MAs.

But I'm starting to feel embarassed for going there again. Spending money again. As if the MAs look at me, "well, there is the MAC addict again". They are very nice and friendly by the way. Probably all in my mind .

Does anyone recognize this feeling? As long as it makes me happy, I try to bypass my embarassement. Would love to know your experiences.

If you can afford it, enjoy it, and it's not illegal, immoral, or unethical to do so then go all you want. I'm a straight guy and I LOVE going to the MAC store. In fact that's about the only way my spouse can get me to the mall. Which reminds me... childless weekend coming up. MAC STORE IT IS BABY!!!!

Simply Elegant

I feel the same way. I go about two or three times a month and I switch between the two locations that are here so it doesn't look like I go as often. But people working at both stores recognize me now anyway and I guess it just feels weird.

gatsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
If you can afford it, enjoy it, and it's not illegal, immoral, or unethical to do so then go all you want. I'm a straight guy and I LOVE going to the MAC store. In fact that's about the only way my spouse can get me to the mall. Which reminds me... childless weekend coming up. MAC STORE IT IS BABY!!!!

You, sir, are awesome. Just so you know.

nunu

Once i went to MAC 2 days in a row because they gave me an empty box of the hollidays pigment set, the MA said to me he saw me walk in "omg you are here everyday, you're addcited!"

I was soo embarrased!!

foreverymoment

i go to mine all the time. i was there on Friday, I'll be there tomorrow with my friend (though i'm not buying anything) and then I'll be there on Wednesday to buy my FAFI haul...HAHAHAHA...

janwa09

Quote:

LOL

Yes same here! I go to MAC without make-up and they're probably thinking the same thing lol. I probably wouldn't even want to go there with make-up cos they'll probably judge my make-up application, etc.. haha!

stv578

Quote:

LOL

LOL! I do the same thing! I usually go in the mornings after dropping my son off to preschool and i have my daughter with me, soooo, no, i don't have any make-up on at that point... i have paranoia some days when I encounter a sales associate that isn't friendly, but there are a few girls at my local counter that are super nice, so I try to wait till they can help me!!!

Trunkmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatsby
You, sir, are awesome. Just so you know.

*blush*

I haven't seen some of the MUA's since Christmas and I love cracking jokes with them and watching husbands / boyfriends getting dragged in looking like they're walking the green mile. Also I really enjoy it when I can see that my wife wants something but doesn't want to spend 'that kind of money' on it and I can get it for her. Strangely my 15 year old son said he'd pass on going with us. I'm going to have to have a serious talk with that boy soon. 'hey bud you know where to find girls?' 'where' 'WHERE THEY SHOP YOU MORON'.
tong.gif

discopie

omg... i feel the same way. i probably go like once every 1-2 wks.... but for a while i was going 1-2xs PER week. the ma's now recognize me and it embarrasses me. my husband thinks i'm silly for feeling this way. haha.

Kuuipo

Well, I only go to MAC once a month, and they know me...and they know what colours I wear, and they always have my lipsticks ready for me (they keep my list). I go through like three lipsticks a week....

purrtykitty

Oh, yeah...they all recognize me and at least one knows my name!! But I take that as a compliment and I always get fantastic service.

Kuuipo

Sephora is a different matter. I go there like twice a week...I always need something....blotting papers, Fibrewig, Givenchey Mystic Pink Lipstick, etc. I have to test things out. I do buy alot of products, and they are like "Back again?" I've never returned anything, I don't give anyone a hard time, so they are all nice to me and stop and small talk. Sometimes they call me at home and let me know if some special is dropping by the store and if I'd like to meet a certain artist. My NARS( at N>M>) rep also calls me at home and lets me now what is going on on the inside. ...Its always a good idea to be a nice customer and treat the people who are giving you their attention your respect. You may even make some lasting friends....
Yeah, I'm a little embaressed by my makeup addiction, but that's my thing. i mean if you go grocery shopping and the same people check you out every Monday night do they imagine you have a gluttony problem? "Back again? Buying more food? You bought spinach last week, what happened to it?"
Makeup is a useable commodity...you use it up (or you hate it and give it away,lol) and then you need more.....

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
i mean if you go grocery shopping and the same people check you out every Monday night do they imagine you have a gluttony problem? "Back again? Buying more food? You bought spinach last week, what happened to it?"
Makeup is a useable commodity...you use it up (or you hate it and give it away,lol) and then you need more.....

th_LMAO.gif
ITA! Plus, even more so with MAC, they're always coming out with new colors and since the website swatches are notoriously horrific, then the best way to check everything out is to go in person.

crystrill

I feel that way with buying stuff online... and the UPS guy. Today he said "You get a lot of things don't you?" I laughed. And he continued to say "I don't even have to look who it is anymore, I'm getting to know you."

EMBARRASSING.

However, at least I'm not a QVC/HSN person. THEN I'd be embarrassed.