Everyday Minerals (all)

daisydeadpetals

Re: Everyday Minerals - Sifter pots?

I agree, the jars are harder to close than BE's. I don't find them to be more messy though.

astronaut

Re: Everyday Minerals Blushes

I agree, Siesta is beautiful and a must have! It's a really nice peach shade. I have all of the shimmer shades and the only one I don't like is Light Pink because it's so light that it doesn't show on my skin at all
ssad.gif
I also really like chit chat. It's a shimmery pink!

kimmy

i have apple! it's such a gorgeous colour, but i always have trouble blending it for some reason...

lynn2525

I heard Siesta is very similar to Nars Orgasm. I've been wanting to give it a try. Maybe when I get paid end of this month
smiles.gif
Anyway, has any of you guys tried their eyeshadows?

user79

I have the sample of Siesta, I like it but it's a bit awkward to apply.

jenii

I have Girls Day, which makes a good lip color, but I don't like it on my cheeks. Too shiny, too dark. So, I'll just mix it with some clear gloss and use it on my lips.

I believe I got Snooze Bar with my kit, and also some really pale pink that's meant for a highlighter. Haven't gotten my stuff yet (should get it tomorrow or the next day), so I haven't tried them. But, I think they'll be nice.

hyperRealGurl

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE ANTHEM
i have apple! it's such a gorgeous colour, but i always have trouble blending it for some reason...

i find that tapping my brush into the pot then tapping it off again... ( im telling u when i put the brush into the pot i make sure there is minimal blush on there. I find that sometimes when u pick up too much of this product its harder to work with. anyhow then pat onto apples of the cheek, then blendi n circular motions works for me...

hyperRealGurl

**Anything and Everything on Everyday Minerals**

Please post anything and everything about everyday minerals in this subforum.

Share your experiences products bought from everyday Minerals

sassygirl224

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperRealGurl
i find that tapping my brush into the pot then tapping it off again... ( im telling u when i put the brush into the pot i make sure there is minimal blush on there. I find that sometimes when u pick up too much of this product its harder to work with. anyhow then pat onto apples of the cheek, then blendi n circular motions works for me...

i dump a little bit in the lid of the jars, and swirl my brush in it and apply it. works great for me that way. the same way i do my foundation. i love EM, its a great alternative to the more expensive BE. and this doesn't make my skin itch.
smiles.gif
i love their apple blush, it has a pearl sheen to it. makes you glowy. siesta is a b eautiful color as well, perfect pink peach on those light makeup days! and chit chat, although the sample one i loved more than the full size - they just made a big move to big production facility and the color is a bit off than the sample. i only have one eyeshadow from them, and its the dark purple. its okay i guess? i use it as a liner though, and to darken my crease when i wear purple eyeshadow. all in all, i love their products

Peach_patch

Re: Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

I like the fact that you can get their sample set and try a bit of everything - I think their Nick Nack blush is a bit blah for me . I prefer blushes with a bit more sheen to them.
Their foundations are alright. Lots of people rave about them but I'm not sure loose foundations are my thing.

jenii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peach_patch
Their foundations are alright. Lots of people rave about them but I'm not sure loose foundations are my thing.

I do rather like their foundations, but I prefer Alima's foundations. Both are good, although EDM is the kind I'll use everyday if I just wanna look alright. If I wanna look fantastic, I'll go for Alima.
smiles.gif

I didn't think powder foundations would be my thing, either, until I started applying them with a flocked sponge, and then I was like "OH THESE ARE GOOD!"

sassygirl224

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
I do rather like their foundations, but I prefer Alima's foundations. Both are good, although EDM is the kind I'll use everyday if I just wanna look alright. If I wanna look fantastic, I'll go for Alima.
smiles.gif

I didn't think powder foundations would be my thing, either, until I started applying them with a flocked sponge, and then I was like "OH THESE ARE GOOD!"

what do you mean by look fantastic? is it better coverage?

user79

I prefer Alima over EM too. Alima is more finely milled and seems to apply more smoothly, EM looked really chalky and cakey on me.

fairenigma

Re: Everyday Minerals blush swatches

i have Girl's Day...it is such a beautiful blush. i love the color and the glow it gives my cheek bones. all of your other EM blushes look so lovely! i need to invest in more colors myself :)

Skeeta

Thanks so much! I love EM blushes, but the colours never match what I see on my computer screen!

I have quite a few, I will try and swatch them this week.

entipy

OH man. I see why people rave so much about Siesta now, based on that swipe on your skin. I wish I had some!

xiahe

everyday minerals?

i've been contemplating about trying EM as opposed to BE...i've personally never tried BE but once i heard about the bismuth oxychloride and how people have had a lot of reactions to it, i figured that i would stay away because i have sensitive skin and that would probably cause irritation. what are your thoughts on EM? favorite products (eyeshadows, lip colors, blushes...)?

and how would i go about choosing a foundation color? as of now i don't wear foundation so i'm totally lost. my veins look more greenish to me than blue so i would assume that i would have more golden undertones? i know that choosing a foundation color when ordering online is risky, so is EM sold in stores anywhere?

thanks for your help, ladies
greengrin.gif

jenii

Re: everyday minerals?

They're pretty good. Their Light Pink blush is pretty nice to dust all over and kinda brighten the complexion.

Foundations are pretty good, too. Intensive is a good formula.

It's not easy to just guess a color, so definitely get their sample kit, which is free. You just pay shipping. You can try a bunch of shades. Just try one from each undertone you think you might use.

Skeeta

Re: everyday minerals?

get a sample kit, they're fab. Pick a whole bunch of colours you think would match, the have a few practice goes and see what you like.

I switched from BE to EM because i can get a perfect colour match with EM. Cheaper too!