Everyday Minerals (all)

entipy

Re: everyday minerals?

I'm currently using EDM more than anything else, but I've also been sampling some other companies. EDM's coverage is the best out of the ones I've tried (which includes Ocean Mist and Signature Minerals). Their intensive formula is really good for folks who need heavier coverage.

Get samples. You can order as many sample kits as you like - you just can't do it all in one order.

I've started compiling an ingredients chart for different mineral make-ups. So far, I've got a lot of foundations on there. I'm going to post it in another thread now if anyone wants to go and look.
smiles.gif

JoeyEmma

Re: Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

Has anybody ever tried pressing the Everyday Minerals eyeshadows, like you can with MAC pigments?

I ordered the 10 mini eyeshadow set and as they have no sifters they are messy. I thought that I could press them and put them in a cd case like on of the tuts on here shows you how to!

entipy

Re: Everyday Mineral eyeshadows?

I haven't, but I sure would like to try it! I need to find the tut on how to press. If you can do it with pigments, I would think you could with these, but I don't know. I've never done it.

Kelaia

Loving Everyday Minerals!!

I have gotten 2 sample kits over the past couple of weeks, and 1 of their sifter jars so I can mix a couple of colours up or just dispense one colour so that it's easier to use.

I hate the shiny look that a lot of mineral foundations usually give, but I have got the matte and 1 intensive formulas, and they are soooo lovely. Make my skin look great! And I am loving using my new MAC 182 brush with them
thmbup.gif

The blush is also so cute...I got Natural (which is a pretty slightly shimmery light mauve-pinky colour) and Best Friends (matte pretty dark pinky colour). The foundation colours I got in the 2nd kit were all in the warm tree. In the first kit I got, I ordered from the neutral and cool colour tree, but I found that those seemed too chalky, but the warm colours are great!

Golden Fair and Fair (both Warm) seem like my perfect match
smiles.gif
And I also have the concealer in Sunlight (for undereye circles) and Intensive Light (works great wet too!). The other colours I tried are: Olive Fair (neutral) - think this might be a bit too yellow for me, Fair (cool) - too light and doesn't match skin tone on my face very well, Fairly Light (neutral) - too light and chalky.

Just wanted to share my joy with these products! I will definitely be buying the full sizes in the future! My skin is not the greatest - a few old acne scars on my chin and cheeks etc, but EM makes my skin look so healthy and fresh
smiles.gif
clap.gif
cheerleader.gif

thelove4tequila

Re: Loving Everyday Minerals!!

I know what ya mean...I loved my samples until I used them all up. I'm definantly looking forward to getting a kit. I LOOOOVE Siesta blush.

suijuris

I love EM Original Glo foundation. I'm about NW25-30 and I wear a mix of Medium Cool and Golden Medium. I was wearing Medium Beige Neutral but it was a bit grey for me. I love the Multi-Tasking Concealer- it's great on its own or with another concealer (eg a stick concealer like YSL Anti-Cernes) for those really horrible zits you've just picked. LOL. And I love the Soft Bronzer for winter and the Everyday Bronzer for summer!

Their blushes have a tendency to go orange on me though, which is annoying, because there are some really pretty colours. I didn't like the eyeshadows much, not enough pigment and too much glitter.

entipy

EDM is a really good company! It's the first mineral make-up I used, really. I'm waiting on new samples from the Warm category (as I was recently told that I'm a yellow/peachy and not a cool - go figure). I can't wait to try them. I *did* discover, however, that the moisturizer you use can make ALL the difference! I bought some Emu oil not too long ago to use in place of regular moisturizer, and it's great, but I've realized that it doesn't work well for me AT ALL beneath mineral make-up. It actually made me hate EDM for a little while. Now, I've switched to a Neutrogena moisturizing cream, and the EDM feels like a DREAM! I like Intensive because it gives a good coverage, but Matte isn't bad, either.

I love their eye shadows, and the blushes are really pretty. More often than not, I use Email Me and then Natural as an all-over face color.

smiles.gif

tanbelina

Everyday Minerals formulas & colors

I'm in the process of ordering a everyday minerals free sample makeup kit but am stumped as to what colors and more importantly what formulas to try.

I've tried Bare Minerals in Medium Beige but found that my face itched quite a bit (probably due to the bismuth, I'm assuming?). I found the BE medium beige to be a bit light due to my summer tan.

I'm thinking of ordering Medium Tan, Medium Beige Summer and Buttered Tan, or Medium Beige in Semi-Matte and/or Intensive.

Just some info about my skin: Asian, yellow undertones, acne prone, very much combination skin, about NC 35.

I found that BE was perfect for my skin as it kept the oilies away while providing perfect coverage. I've heard that EDM can be chalky and was wondering if that varies with the different formulas. I would really love some help figuring out what to order from everyday minerals!! Thanks so much!

entipy

Re: Everyday Minerals formulas & colors

Hi! I've used a few of the EDM foundations, etc. However, I've never tried any of the darker colors, so I can't really say much about those.

However, the formulations, I can speak of.
smiles.gif
If you're looking for control for oilies, Intensive would probably be your best best. If you're getting a sample kit, I would suggest trying Intensive and Matte. Original Glo and Semi-Matte would probably be too shiny for you.

I've never used BM, so I can't really compare those two, but I know a lot of folks who use/like EDM stuff, including me.
smiles.gif

Also, if you'd like to substitute anything in your kit, I *think* you can do that. So, if you'd want more foundations instead of a blush and concealer, you can email Customer Service and ask. I know you can do it with normal kits, but I'm not sure about the sample kit.

I hope this isn't frowned upon here at Specktra, but I'm a member of a Yahoo! group where there are several Asian ladies who know a good bit about the colors and could probably help you. If you're interested, send me a PM, and I'll give you the group address.
smiles.gif

XShear

Hello! I use EDM for my daily foundation. I'm pretty fair, combo/acne prone skin. It covers as well or IMO better than most foundations. I use Fair in the Intensive formula.

I tried to use MAC ... but sadly, it just broke me out. Just try the sample package ... hopefully it all works out for you!!

thmbup.gif

tanbelina

Thanks so much girls, I think I'm going to try out the foundation in intensive and matte. I'll let you all know how the formulas work out!!

Kelaia

I LOVE the Intensive and Matte formulas! This is my "holy grail" foundation now
smiles.gif
I love how it feels and how it makes my skin look
smiles.gif

BTW, you can order more than 1 sample kit if your first one doesn't work out for you. I have gotten 2 in the past 3 weeks (separate orders) so that I could really test a lot of colours, and $4 shipping is nothing! These samples last for a long time
smiles.gif

IheartCosmetics

I just got the sample package in the mail today! I swiped some on my hand, and it feels so nice. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow.
cheerleader.gif

makeupxlover

i got my starter kit today. i'm a medium beige in bare escentuals and i thought its the same shade as everyday minerals neutral medium beige..so i e-mailed everyday minerals and they said it's the same..turns out..its lighter. i think medium beige summer is what i should've got. =(

astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanbelina
Thanks so much girls, I think I'm going to try out the foundation in intensive and matte. I'll let you all know how the formulas work out!!

Hi, I have a similar complexion as you right now and I'd like to know what shade in EDM you use?

Korms

I've just recieved some samples that I ordered. I gave up on EM a while back because they looked too chalky on me, but after researching mineral makeup some more I decided to give it another go. I've gone for a darker shade as I read that too light a shade creates the chalky look and I have discovered Fawn works perfectly for my very pale but warm toned complexion. I also got a sample of Siesta blush which is really, really lovely.

The highlight of my order is the flocked sponge. I could never get the coverage I wanted with a brush, it left my pores wide open and seemed to take forver to layer up the foundation to get the look I wanted. I take the flocked sponge and dip it into the powder then rub it on my face, it blends like a liquid foundation and looks flawless. I get the heavy coverage I want in one swipe. I really reccomend it!

I really want to try some of the eye colours but I really can't tell from the website what the colours are like? Would anyone be able to post up some swatches?

lobsteriffic

I just ordered my samples today - I can't wait for them to arrive!

Right now I'm using BE, but EM's prices are so much better that I may be tempted to switch once I use up my other stuff.

KTB

I ordered my sample kit yesterday because of all the good things I've heard here. I can't wait for it to arrive
clap.gif

entipy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korms
I really want to try some of the eye colours but I really can't tell from the website what the colours are like? Would anyone be able to post up some swatches?

I have almost ALL of the e/s, so if you have questions about any in particular, I could help you out. (The only swatches I know of are in a photo album belonging to an EDM Yahoo group. Of course, you'd be welcome to join that if you like.) The swatches on the EDM website are AWFUL, but their word descriptions are pretty good.