Eyeliners : What Stays On!

raen

Ok girls, help me out. I'm from a small province in Canada that doesn't have the high end makeup outlets, such as MAC, Urban Decay, etc. I could order it, but it's a fortune already, let alone shipping and handling.
So I opt to buy drugstore makeup. I've tried everything as far as eyeliners go, and I can't find ANYTHING that actually stays on for more than 3-5 hours!
I'm currently using Revlon Colorstay black Eyeliner, and that's the best I've found. I line both top (on the lashline) and bottom (on the water line - i guess that's what you call it). I find over the day the top stays put, but sometimes my eyeshadow gets smudged into it, making it look dull, and the bottom just fades away completely.
It drives me insane, and I really want to know what you guys use and what actually stays put! I'm sick of going to the washroom every few hours to reapply!

I've tried kohl sticks, NYC sticks, liquid liners etc.
Recently I've been mixing my Mary Kay eye primer with NYC black smooth mineral loose powder eyeshadow, to make a "puddy". That works for a good few hours, but I find it breaks apart and then it's really hard to put more on.

Now that I'm finished writing my book, any suggestions? I'm open to pretty much anything!

vocaltest

liquid - rimmel exaggerate eye liner. this stuff is AMAZING. so dark, stays put forever. its probably similar to mac's boot black eyeliner but i haven't tried that so i can't compare. i used to use it everyday until i discovered blacktrack, but i use it when i need that blacker than black look on my eyes

kohl - rimmel soft kohl. again, this is AMAZING! still one of my all time favourite eyeliners. stays put all day on the waterline, only a little smudging. i don't line above my lashes with a kohl so i can't judge how long it stays there.

i know you said you don't have access to urban decay but maybe try getting your hands on the primer potion because that stuff is a godsend. painterly paintpot is good but i'd go with the primer potion first. it'll keep your liner on for hours. hth
smiles.gif
!

Heiaken

I really like Gosh eyeliners. The Velvet Touch's glide on really smooth, don't smudge and are waterproof and cheaper than, let's say MAC
winks.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Have you tried HIP gel eyeliners? These are my favorite eyeliners that aren't MAC fluidlines. The color choices they have are really pretty - I have a blue and plum that I use, and the colors are vibrant and last all day. I don't line my waterline, so I can't say how long they stay there, but for my upper lashes, it stays on all day with no running.

rolocakes

I would suggest the HIP gel liners as well. I bought the Gosh (new line available at Shopper's Drug Mart, well I doubt that it's new but it's a line that I just noticed! lol) Let's Twist Eyeliner a few days ago and it's been holding up too.

raen

Thanks girls!
I've had a great time with Rimmel cosmetics, I'll probably try those next!

And, yeah, I'm trying to get my hands on some Urban Decay lol

glassy girl

Well wet-n-wild make a good liquid liner that stays on 4 ever its the water proff one. Also hip cream liners r amazing ( just bought 1 got 1 free) and don't no if ur suppose 2 but i line my water line with them all the time and they stay put all day. I have quite a few fluild liners from mac and these hip liners r just as good.

Korms

Any eye liners that look like a felt tipped pen are pretty good at staying put all day (although I don't think they are safe for the waterline). If you can get Bourjois stuff where you are, their liner called Liner Feutre is pretty awesome. I've actually struggled to remove this at the end of the day, it's like a marker pen for the eyes!

callmestella

I use the HIP gel eyeliner and nothing works better for me. I have used MAC, which does nothing for me and Bobbi Brown, which is my second choice, but the HIP line is the best I've used. I can put it on my waterline and it lasts for hours, and I have pretty watery eyes. For my upper lid it will stay on over night. Obviously, I shouldn't know that, but there have been a few late, barely make it to the bed, nights, so I do know.

ApplePeace

mac fluidline good eyeliner and revlon colorstay pencil...I have tried HIP it still smudges atleast for me...*shrugs*

lilmags816

Nothing is more annoying than having your eyeliner fail you! I know you said you shipping and stuff is expensive, but I have to say all your frustration will end if you can get your hands on either MAC fluidline or Urban Decay 24/7 pencils! Sephora has a set of 5 (UD pencils) for only $29 and they are awesome. In the end it might be worth the extra money up front instead of trying a bunch of products that just won't do the job (or at least thats what I tell myself when I spring for the more expensive things!! haha) Good Luck!

Rennah

I would definitely recommend L'oreal HiP Color Truth Cream Eyeliner & Revlon ColorStay Liquid Liner.

sherox

HIP gel liners for sure! They stay on really long and they have pretty colors. I have the teal, plum, & navy colors and they're all amazing!

j_absinthe

L'Oreal HIP Gel Liners are probably your best bet, but me personally, I've had it up to here with them. They cake up my brush and dry up like crazy. I need me some new gel liner action.

RodNicPena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss and Makeup
Have you tried HIP gel eyeliners? These are my favorite eyeliners that aren't MAC fluidlines. The color choices they have are really pretty - I have a blue and plum that I use, and the colors are vibrant and last all day. I don't line my waterline, so I can't say how long they stay there, but for my upper lashes, it stays on all day with no running.

I LOVE THESE!!! It doesn't take very much and it lasts all day. I do line my water line.....my eyes water a lot but it tends to last all day...when my allergies are not at their peak. But seriously they last longer then MAC fluidliners on me and to me it seemed to take a LOT of the fluidliners sometimes for the true color to shine. Felt like it was weighing down my eyes. LOL!
winks.gif

subsandwich

WAIT. REVLON COLORSTAY, the pencils, have amazing staying power. I almost gave up on pencils and moved to liquid and gel liners, but I liked how easy it was with pencil liners because liquid is TRICKY, and gel liners are really bulky to carry around. When I picked this up I was amazed. It DEFINITELY stays and it smudges only veeeeeery slightly.
smiles.gif

I have watery eyes too, so that's sayin a LOT. You should check these out for real though, lol!
smiles.gif