FAFI is up!!!

gigglegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
Aren't you guys afraid that you'll end up hating a color??

I think i should place an order, but I'm not sure......I hate returning stuff. But then again its going to be a zoo at mac and they may be sold out when I go.

Aghhhh I don't know what to do lol

I've googled MAC Fafi Swatches and there were a couple. Plus Temptalias which are very helpful. So that in combination with the ones the lovely Specktra girls have posted here, it's made it easier to make a decision sight unseen. That said, I still want to check it out in person and maybe get a couple more items, but at least I have stuff I know I'd like and wanted.

lsperry

Quote:

I think i should place an order, but I'm not sure......I hate returning stuff. But then again its going to be a zoo at mac and they may be sold out when I go.

If you're not comfortable with the swatches, don't place an order. I do not have a MAC store in my town so I purchase 99% of my MAC online using the Specktra swatches here as a guide. I've been using MAC since '06 and have become familiar enough with their colors and finishes to be very comfortable with ordering online. I'm an NW45 and checked out the swatches by Danapotter and makeupMOMMA. That's all I needed to see to order Squeeze it, Totally It, Flash-N-Dash and Fun 'n sexy lippies. The lipsticks are in my favorite finish - LUSTRE and I had to also have both quads. I can't wait to try the "Squeeze It" and "Sassed Up" looks...

SparklingWaves

When you go on the main mac website, what is the color of full tube of Fafi lipstick? It's the one above all the swatches.

gigglegirl

The looks online definitely have me wanting the Fafi 1 quad---but I think I could make up my own with colours I have...right? LOL I'm going to show restraint and not buy something I could almost do myself (howzat is just what I'm trying to figure out--should I use Knight Divine or get a bluer colour?)

clslvr6spd

Well i ordered, I gave myself $100 limit today, then I am going to buy the rest @ nordies on wed morning.
thmbup.gif

CantAffordMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
When you go on the main mac website, what is the color of full tube of Fafi lipstick? It's the one above all the swatches.

it looks kind of like fun n sexy to me. Maybe i'm wrong...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigglegirl
The looks online definitely have me wanting the Fafi 1 quad---but I think I could make up my own with colours I have...right? LOL I'm going to show restraint and not buy something I could almost do myself (howzat is just what I'm trying to figure out--should I use Knight Divine or get a bluer colour?)

I'm doing the same thing. I like the quad but its 2 light shades, plus a pink and a dark blue. that seems easy to make yourself. I don't know why you'd need two highlighting shades....the only two worth getting are the pink and the dark blue IMO. If someone gets me a MAC card for my birthday this friday, then I might buy it. otherwise, i'm not so sure

StephsCl

I was in the same position as you. Today I just ordered the merchandise. Then after looking at everything else, I was like should I or shouldn't I? So, I filled up my shopping cart of all the makeup I wanted and saw an additional $160.00 (it adds up so fast dont' it)?. So, That stopped me. Plus even though swatches are SOO helpful, they can be deceiving many times IMO.

I don't think everyone knows about the site it being up yet. I had a feeling it was coming out on the 11th, so last night I kept checking back refreshing? Did anyone constantly do this? I did this b/c I thought it would be sold out instatantly like barbie.

Quote:

GlamYOURUs

I feel like placing an order. My fingers are itching! lol
But I have to see and play with the products first in hopes to eliminate anything that I really don't need. AND have more money for Heatherette. <3

shootergirlnc

The pro site is being weird and not including my discount on anything, even non fafi items. i've logged out and signed back in, but it's still doing this. anyone else having this problem?

eye_pr0mise

i love their collection its so cute !!
and i like how mac introduced it w
the whole bedroom scene and all
that its great !!

lilchocolatema

It's SO Cute....Macfafi.com is Up and Running!

Remember I was telling you about the super cute site, macfafi.com??? It's up! Check out looks, events, inspirations, etc!! Can't wait to play!!! It's a virtual bedroom!!!
yahoo.gif
www.macfafi.com

Divinity

Wednesday cannot come fast enough. I can't order online! I have to go in and play - that's the best part!! BUT I am itching to order some merchandise. I did a live chat with an artist and she said the shirts are running small. So, if you are going to order one, go a size up!

makeupNdesign

shootergirlnc, I've had the same problem with the MAC Pro site all morning so I gave up and ordered from maccosmetics.com **frustrated**

shootergirlnc

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupNdesign
shootergirlnc, I've had the same problem with the MAC Pro site all morning so I gave up and ordered from maccosmetics.com **frustrated**

Oh NOES!!! You can call any Mac store, order it, and they'll ship it to you, while including your discount!! I ordered mine from the pro store in NY last week. I got it in today, and was going to order a couple backups online, but since the discount isn't working, I may have to call NY again.
ssad.gif

AtomicMishaps

I was planning on going to the Fafi event at my MAC counter but I have the flu. I can barely sit in bed with my laptop, but I was able to order online!!!!

Here's what I got....
Fafi Eyes 1
Fafi eyes 2
Nice Vice paint pot
Cash Flow paint pot
Fafi: Powder Blush - Hipness
Fafi 129 SE Powder/Blush Brush w/ bag
Fafi Doll: Ermine

And also a 239 Eye Shading Brush.

I'm thinking I might want the Sassed-Up powder a t-shirt and a l/s, but I think I'll hold off.

erinmosh

I was originally going to wait until Wednesday when my freestanding store gets Fafi in. But, FASCINATING EYE KOHL SOLD OUT, WTF?! so that was my deciding factor that I needed to order what I wanted, because my store always sells out of things super quick. Judging by the swatches, I know i'll like what i ordered. I'll check the rest of the lippies/paint pots I was interested in on Wednesday when I go to my FS store (I need to pick up a blush palette, they were sold out last time >:O)

I ended up getting:
- both quads (leesha aka xsparkage on youtube/here made me want the one with vanilla and pink venus! she makes everything look amaaaazing)
- both blushes
- strawbaby lipstick (this is going to sell out fast, everyone is ordering one!)
- sugar trance lipglass
- perky paint pot

all the lippies look so amazing in the swatches, so i'll probably be buying more of those, and nice vice paintpot. maybe more paintpots
greengrin.gif

makeupNdesign

shootergirlnc, sorry to bug ya again. So you were able to get your discount on FAFI?? aaaw, man, I better call to see if I can cancel my order...or maybe I can return it to a MAC Pro counter and they can refund me the difference??

I was just so afraid it would sell out completely, hence my impatience, lol!