Favorite Eye shadow Primer

Celly

I use Ruby Cosmetics Primer. The color look great over it & they dont crease. And I sweat on my face a lot.

ckara

I used to use Benefit's FY... Eye! but my pot is getting old and starting to separate so I need to toss it. I'm thinking about picking up the UDPP to try instead of getting another pot of FY... Eye since I've been hearing such rave review. Until then I'm solid with my MAC Paint in Bare Canvas.

Weirdly enough, I got some MAC Prep + Prime on my lids and one day and my e/s creased in like five seconds. I was not impressed.

JoeyEmma

I did use UDPP but found that my oily lids were ending up with dry patches on them. I'm now using ArtDeco and find its ok. Not buying another one though. I'm waiting til this runs out as I need to stop jumping on the bandwagon and spending money I don't have!

malaviKat

Re: Problem with my eyelids!

I have the same question...so I'm going to try asking this on a different board!

glamqueen1

you have beautiful, almond-shaped eyes, and please don't hate your fold! just use a darker shadow over it and it will be fine..
I usually prime my eyelids with Bare Study paintpot from lashes to brow.

MacArtist

Your eyes look almond shape to me. I have that same fold and a nice little tip is to use a dark or medium MATTE color on the fold. It helps to give the look of depth. Using a shimmery color on the fold will reflect light and I feel that it accentuates the lack of crease.

Embrace your fold (lol) and try this little trick , let me know what you think!

Amaranth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacArtist
Your eyes look almond shape to me. I have that same fold and a nice little tip is to use a dark or medium MATTE color on the fold. It helps to give the look of depth. Using a shimmery color on the fold will reflect light and I feel that it accentuates the lack of crease.

Embrace your fold (lol) and try this little trick , let me know what you think!

I also have the foldy thingy and this is what I do to deal with it. I find I can still use shimmery colours, but they have to be pretty dark. Light shimmery colours make me look terrible
ssad.gif
But matte is definitely the way to go.

SarahAfshar

Although I love Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion, I think I also love Art Deco Eyeshadow Base, Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance, and Girlactik Star Base.

trulyobsessed

I dont know if this has been posted, but i cut open my Urban Decay Primer Potion (which i thought was done and was ready to toss) and holy cow, there was sooooooooo much product in there left!! I think the shape of the bottle leaves A LOT of product in the curve and you can't get at it. I seriously can't believe how much i got out...two little sample jars full!!!!!! I just bought a new primer but now im gonna return it!! wooohoo!!!
thmbup.gif

Babyphat

I just bought Urban Decay primer off Ebay, because in Australia we don't have that brand..it's really good! I've never used primer before but this one is light& creamy and I've noticed how much longer my eyeshadow stays on for!

True, it doesn't have much in the bottle but I only paid about $15 for it so it doesn't bother me!

Babyphat

Quote:
Originally Posted by trulyobsessed
I dont know if this has been posted, but i cut open my Urban Decay Primer Potion (which i thought was done and was ready to toss) and holy cow, there was sooooooooo much product in there left!! I think the shape of the bottle leaves A LOT of product in the curve and you can't get at it. I seriously can't believe how much i got out...two little sample jars full!!!!!! I just bought a new primer but now im gonna return it!! wooohoo!!!
thmbup.gif

WHOA thats such a good idea! I'm going to write that done for when I get to the bottom of my tube..thanks!
yahoo.gif

cassitassi

Definitely UDPP.

Been using the same bottle for 2 years, of course I did have to cut it open about 3 months in but still, SOOO much product left.

It makes my eyeshadow not only stay, it doesn't crease AND it shows up more vibrant!

Such a keeper.

AmyAngel

I love Urban Decay Primer Potion, too. I only use a tiny smidge each time, but it keeps even my cheap eyeshadow (I'm just starting to collect the better-quality stuff) where I put it and prevents creasing. My eyelids are typically very oily, too. Love the stuff!

I watched a video on YouTube of someone cutting open their "empty" primer potion bottle and was amazed at the amount still in there! I think this one bottle will last AGES with the tiny bit I use, if I can get all that extra out.

This sounds crazy, but my dad has a woodshop/machine shop workshop behind his house. I'm thinking I might take the bandsaw to the primer potion bottle when it's "empty". I should probably video that...
lol.gif

lunastars

Urban Decay Primer potionn has to be the best! If only the tube was clear so you could see how much product is left.. but nevertheless it's still the best eye shadow primer so far
smiles.gif

Latest posts