Favorite Eye shadow Primer

MeliBoss

I got UDPP a few weeks ago. I stayed away from it for awhile because of the price, but I went to Ulta and picked up the deal with the Eye shadow palette and the full size UDPP.
At first I thought it was ok. I think I used to much the first few times. I finally got the hang of it and it works very well for me. Except I find it easier to blend when I put on a thin layer of UDPP and cover my entire lid with a light colored or sheer shadow. I mainly use vanilla.
And another thing that has converted me to a full time UDPP lover. I work over nights, I got ready for work at 9:30 pm eastern on July 30th. Got off of work at 7:30 am eastern and Did not wash my eye make up off until about 2:30 pm on the 31st and I was shocked when I noticed it was still Flawless. After working, napping for an hour, sweating and packing my stuff my eye make up still looked good. Wish I could say the same for the rest of my face, but I just thought that was amazing!

Nadeshda

ArtDeco eyeshadow base
smiles.gif

xxManBeaterxx

Hard to say i love UDPP, i put this on before my paints and paint pots.

Some of my favorite paints and PP are base light, still life, cash flow, perky, otherworldy, barestudy, greenstroke

PolyphonicLove

UDPP, p2 express waterproof pencils, and wnw's creme eyeshadow in champagne something [its been discontinuted...boo
cry.gif
]. I remember being SO SAD when I lost that damn wnw shadow...it just disappeared!

laperle

ARTDECO eyeshadow base
thmbup.gif

Actually, I just wanted to add this:
dothewave.gif

Haha, I love these emoticons! They make me laugh.

luvmkup

I use a MAC fluidline, paint pot, or paint as a primer. Shadesticks don't work as well for me. I have a ton of colors, and I just use whatever color I feel like using for that day. I used paints for years until MAC came out with paint pots, then used those, now my latest thing is using fluidlines every day as a primer.

yodagirl

I use either UDPP or a paint pot for priming...I find if I use the UDPP too much, my eye lids start to look wrinkly.

I have tried a so many and cant use anything but Merle Normans shadow base- it comes in a little convenient compact... i dont go a day without

nazia

I love paint pots for priming. I have UDPP but I find I just cnt blend my eyeshadows as well as I like when I use this.

rockin26

I like Urban Decay Primer Potion. You can't buy it in stores in Australia (that I've seen) but it's on ebay and smartpoppy.com.au. It gives a great surface and colours really glide on beautifully.

duddelle

eyeshadow primer help

I try paints, paint pots and shade sticks as primers, but no matter how little I put on, I get these annoying folds on my lids. What can I do?

gujifijian

I have tried Mac's Paints and although the colours are nice, they crease up on me! And my eyeshadows are not that bright looking!

Ever since I tried Urban Decay Primer Potion, I have not gone back to Mac's Paint! It goes on clear, and gives me no creases watsoever AND my eyeshadows look great! Its awesome! I say go to Sephora, ask them for a sample and try it urself!

I have good luck with paint pots. My shadow lasts for 16 hours+ with minimal fading and no creasing. I don't have a problem with oily lids, though. Some of my matte shadows were creasing without a base and this solved it. I like Painterly because it doesn't have shimmer and I can use it with close to anything.

... Painterly might be a m/u item I actually use up ... haha

xxManBeaterxx

Re: eyeshadow primer help

Wow thats sucks big time. I think your just like me, you need to go double or even triple duty!!

First i put on Urban decay primer potion or two faced eyeshadow insurance, they are both great so i guess i would go with which ever product bottle you think is cuter. Just apply it so you have a good semi-thin layer all over your eyelid and brow bone.

I wouldnt reccomend shadesticks, but paints and paint pots work well with me. I would put that bad boy on my eye. Then wait 20 seconds for it to dry and what not. Then i dust on some powder over it to set it even more. THEN you can finally get to the eyeshadow. I hope this works, update me if it does or doesnt!

QueenEmB

Yes UD primer potion and then a paint seems to work well for me.

UDPP on it's own works for about 8 hours on me, then creases.

nunu

I agree with ManBeater.

Use either UDPP or the Too Faced one and on top use a paint pot which is either natural (bare study or painterly) or a shade that corrosponds the eyshadows that you are wearing.

hth