Favorite Eye shadow Primer

capmorlovesmac

I like the Eyeshadow Base by artdeco. It is not that expensive and works really well. I have so oily skin and so are my eyelids. I apply it over the eyelid and blend it up to the brows. After that I like the Bare Study Paint Pot but just a thin amount of it. It does "wrinkle" your skin there a bit if you use too much though. And I don't like wrinkles at places they're not supposed to be for the next ten years
nonono.gif

SarahAfshar

Their are several on the market today that live up their promises, as their are several that do not. Their are several on the market that also mislead you into believing they actually do work, when they really do not match up to other eyeshadow primers.

I think one of the best is definitely Too Faced Eye Insurance because the product goes on smooth and dries to a nice finish, without irriating the eye area. This product is very long lasting and allows your eye make-up to stay put throughout most of the day.

Girlactik eye base is a great eye primer and works well, as is Urban Decay's primer potion, but these two great primers do not work as well as Too Faced Eye Insurance because Girlactik has a tendancy to be a little too sticky based and takes longer to dry and Urban Decay's primer potion tends to dry out quicker, although possesses a great result and promise of most marketed eye priming products.

MAC's paintpots work great as a base and although work as a primer for most girls, however; it has a tendancy to crease, especially if one is of an oilier skin type. Same with any kind of paintpot by any other cosmetic entity.

I am not a fan of MAC's prep + prime, but do believe their other products exceed that product much more so, as a result.

Art Deco Eyeshadow base is great and works wonderfully, but has a tendency to fade throughout the day. Benefit Lemonade primer also is on the same wavelength. Much better than MAC's prep+prime, but not as strong as Girlactik Eyebase or Urban Decay's Primer Potion, as well as, Too Faced Eye Insurance.

Princesa Livia

I use Soft Ochre pp as a base and it creases on me
ssad.gif
I'm thinking of getting a new e/s primer, but I'm torn between Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance...

April47

I cannot live w/o MAC Shadesticks. I use them everyday. They never crease on me and make the colours more vibrant. I believe they are phasing them out though. Excuse me while I go cry.

thedrinkgirl

Bare Canvas is THE BOMB!!!! I like the consistency of it and when I used UD, I didn't feel like I had enough on. Guess it's just cuz I'm used to the thickness and full coverage of bare canvas.
smiles.gif

Kiss and Makeup

Another good base I use that no one's mentioned is Lemon Aid by BeneFit. It comes in a pot and has to be "warmed" with the fingers prior to application. I like this because it tends to be sticky, so it's great to use with loose e/s and pigments. I also have both UDPP and TFSI, and I think when my PP runs out I'll be switching to Shadow Insurance. I love that it's "runny". I find it's easier to blend evenly because of that.

cassandra-ellen

I find that my winning combo is too faced shadow insurence, and then painterly over the top. It seriously last allll day and doesnt fade. Plus Shadow insurence and painterly are good for me, cause UDPP is not available in australia.

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
I find that my winning combo is too faced shadow insurence, and then painterly over the top. It seriously last allll day and doesnt fade. Plus Shadow insurence and painterly are good for me, cause UDPP is not available in australia.

oh gee... seriously... i was about to say the same thing...

since UDPP is not available here in aussie,, myy favorite combo is TFSI and MAC Painterly PaintPot on top of it... seriously.... i loveeee this combination..!! it lasts the whole day and it doesn't crease or smear at all...
yahoo.gif

cassandra-ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by myystiqueen
oh gee... seriously... i was about to say the same thing...

since UDPP is not available here in aussie,, myy favorite combo is TFSI and MAC Painterly PaintPot on top of it... seriously.... i loveeee this combination..!! it lasts the whole day and it doesn't crease or smear at all...
yahoo.gif

How come we always end up in the same forums saying the same stuff!?!?! Haha.
Btw, definatly need a shopping day together soon! Haha.
yes.gif

myystiqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassandra-ellen
How come we always end up in the same forums saying the same stuff!?!?! Haha.
Btw, definatly need a shopping day together soon! Haha.
yes.gif

ahaha... yea...

definitely....!!

ohnna-lee

MAC paint pots.. I have the paints but they just run right off my eyelids when I tear and I think it aggravates my outer eye. I haven't had that problem with the pots and have always had issues with the paints. Never tried anything else and feel there is no need, I have so many and their are so many colors available. Thanks MAC! I have heard of UDPP drying out lids and I am already prone to that problem... so paint pots it is! 8)

LMD84

i have udpp however hate the bloddy bottle it's in! this is great though because even if i just use this and then an eyeshadow staright on top the colour stays. and it lasts even longer if i use udpp and then a paint pot as well.

however when i use mac paints i don't need udpp because the paints do such an amazing job on their own. i love stillife the most!

when i use paint pots on tehir own however my shadow creases as soon as i work up a bit of a sweat (which happens alot at work!!)

Heiaken

My two fave's are Lumene Beauty Base e/s primer and MAC Painterly Paint Pot. My lids get very oily super quick, if I don't use a primer I have creasing after 30mins of putting eyeshadow, but with these my e/s keeps perfect +8 hours
smiles.gif

banjobama

I'll always buy UDPP. If I want colors to pop I use Shiseido Integrate brand eyeshadow pencils. They are like shadesticks but softer, and don't pull on your eye so much.