Favorite Eye shadow Primer

cetati

UDPP, as long as it's not abused. Use too much and my eyes wrinkle much. A little goes a long way!

Sass E

I've used Mary Kays eye shadow primer for as long as they've had it. Before that I used concealer on my lids and set it with powder. That still works when I forget my e/s/p when traveling, although I much prefer having my e/s/p. I did try UDPP... I didn't really see a difference as far as staying power but I did notice the "blending" issue that has been mentioned. I'll just keep my tube of MK e/s/p.
smiles.gif

cetati

Re: eyeshadow primer help

UDPP is best applied with just a dab blended all over from lashline to brow.. too much and it creases up right away for me and dries me out.

cetati

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
UDPP was God's gift to eyeshadow wearers across the globe.

Agreed. Now they just need to repackage it! :p

enjoybeingagirl

Do you top your base with a powder before you apply your eye shadows? For example, top the primer with your setting powder, blot powder, or mineral foundation. I find that it helps to prevent creases and increase wear time.

eye_pr0mise

i get annoyed by my folds in my eyelids too. and sometimes my face gets oily including my eyelids.
so i normally use UDPP and a paint pot

TDoll

I agree with what everyone else seems to be saying. Always use UDPP first. Don't use much! Using too much can have the opposite effect and cause creasing. You could put something on top of it like a paint pot or paint...shadesticks tend to crease on me and I don't even have oily lids.
I think that based on what you've said, I might just skip the paint pot or paint all together and apply eye shadow directly over the UDPP if I were you.
HTH!
smiles.gif

gubeca

winkiss.gif
hi all!!

favourite primer --> too faced eyeshadow insurence!!!! i have one paint pot but it creases on me... since i bought insurence my eyeshadows last 16 hours!!!! its freakin' amazing!!!
yahoo.gif

maple14

i just love too faced shadow insurance, although it sometimes separates a little and you have to shake it to even out the formula, but the packaging is great

guerr

I currently use UDPP...it works wondersss. My eyeshadow doesn't creasee & the colors stay vibrant and last!! The only thing I don't like too much about it is the packaging, the bottle is cute...but it's such a hassle to cut open since A LOT of the product gets stuck inside. =[

I've been meaning to try out too faced shadow insurance, i just haven't had a chance too. but i've heard good reveiws about that too. =]

Tashona Helena

Too Faced Shadow Insurance
And the fab Tan Ray Paint...RIP...lol I don't use it as much because I need to remember to pick a backup up at the CCO. I always forget, but when I go to reach for it i'm like
ssad.gif

hmm, i use a couple different primers for different purposes.
if i'm wearing a mac paint or paint pot, or cream colour base..i always put UDPP underneath OR too faced shadow insurance..
i just recently picked up shadow insurance and i LOVE it, i find it's similar to UDPP but it blends a LITTLE easier and of course, you don't have to cut open the tube to get your moneys worth... so personally i'd say too faced shadow insurance, or of course, a mac paint or paint pot..
i.e; mac paint in stilife or mac painterly or barestudy paint pot...

[sorry for the LONG reply]

MsChrys79

Although I'm still in the baby stages of makeup application (learning to blend, looking like frankenstein around the eyes) I use Urban Decay and I love it! especially since I watched the tutorial on youtube that tells you how to get all of the product from that tiny tube....there's more there than you'd think....also I got a sample of the survival paint from facefront cosmetics and I think it works REALLY good with the pigments....

MsMaryMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodagirl
I use either UDPP or a paint pot for priming...I find if I use the UDPP too much, my eye lids start to look wrinkly.

I've noticed that with the UDPP too! I find that the shadow holds to my lid and blends better w/o the color fading when I use UDPP as opposed to a MAC P/P- for some reason, the color doesn't go on as bright and it fades together when blending- I have to reapply more color alot more when using p/ps.

luvmkup

My new favorite -- Too Faced Shadow Insurance!

I used MAC paints or paint pots for years, but TFSI is the bomb. It makes shadows easier to blend. UDPP is O.K., but TFSI is creamier and allows for better blending.

munchkin78

My favorite is urban decay's primer potion but I also use MAC's paint in bare canvas, paint pot in painterly, or Benefit's Lemon Aid.