Favorite Eye shadow Primer

pratbc

UDPP is just OK for me, I am still looking for a HG for my super oily lids. I too saw that video on youtube and was absolutely amazed at how much product is wasted. As a single mom, I don't have much money to spare and for the price I paid I want access to ALL the product. Once you cut it open there is about 3 more month's worth in there. I don't know if I can post the youtube link showing how to cut it open, so if anyone wants it just PM me and I will gladly give it to you! It doesn't look that difficult and is definitely worth doing so you can get your money's worth!
Patti

Cinci

Re: Problem with my eyelids!

ok well l Im gonna try posting this again.. for the 4th time lol.. for some reason it doesnt show up after I hit post... anyways..

I have the same problem, and I love my frost eyeshadows! I usually use Mac's Pink Freeze on the lid with Mulch in the crease.. After a little while though, the two end up mixing together to create this maue-ish color.. I bought the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix (www.sephora.com) and it stopped this problem totally.. I apply make eye makeup and then spritz it a few times with the Mist & Fix. Let it dry.. and then spritz it once or twice again.... If I do this my eyeshadows last all day without mixing..

Hope this helps!

reesesilverstar

Ha ha, I was wondering too! I thought I was hooded, but now I say puffy folded... Cuz I don't think there's a category for us. The overall shape is almond, but the fold!!!

Putting on a light lid and a dark crease is a task cuz like u said, the color goes onto the fold and vice versa... Sometimes I use the darkest color on my lid and slightly above the fold then the lightest color, then the hilight... I like how it looks...

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranth
I also have the foldy thingy and this is what I do to deal with it. I find I can still use shimmery colours, but they have to be pretty dark. Light shimmery colours make me look terrible
ssad.gif
But matte is definitely the way to go.

Yup I agree... Shimmery stuff is a nightmare unless they're dark. I'm definitely looking into the mattes now.

MacPinkFlamingo

So I am not the only one who struggles with an unruly upper lid...I have truly truly fought this problem since the first time I put on eyeshadow. Through a tremendous amount of trial and error (mostly error) I have come up with a few ways to tame this beast...(in particular order):
  1. One word--PRIMER. I use primer every single day, even under paint pots. My upper lid/browbone overflow is mightier than yours so even less of eyelid shows when my eyes are fully open. Paint pots are no match, they crease in a few hours. I was completely devoted to Bare Minerals Prime Time, however I have just purchased Too Faced Shadow Insurance on the recommendation of several friends. Tomorrow is my first day with it, so I'll update this tomorrow evening.
  2. Liquidlast Liner. I have a terrible problem with my liner smudging onto that hooded area, and by days end it even makes a murky mess in my crease. I <3 black liner so this was a real problem because hardly any eyeshadow is dark enough to absorb that smudging. Liquidlast seems to be the only solution, afterall it is as near to a tattoo as I can get. Be prepared to spend a bit of time soaking off your makeup in the evening.
  3. Waterproof Mascara. What does this have to do with the hood? Well, for me it means that my long curly lashes (I know, poor me, hmph!) touch the the hoodie bit when my eyes are open. You can see where I am going with this right...one false move during application and my eye makeup resembles a tiger print. I am having a summer fling this year with Cover Girl's LashBlast. I am also a longtime devotee of Maybelline's Lash Discovery.
  4. I often get sick of the problem, so I have devised a way to bypass it all together. I got the idea from an episode of Sex and the City. If you are familiar with the show, there are a couple episodes when Carrie and Aidan are moving in together. In those episodes, SJP is wearing either no shadow or a very matte neutral from lid to eyebrow, then her eyes are double lined with two different color eye pencils. (I think hers are blue/turquiose with black super close to the upper lash line. This application works wonders for me, because the lined area of my lid is really the only piece of real estate I have when my eye is open. So I get consistently visible color, that is protected from smudging. Loves it! ***I must share that the dual-ended pencil in Black Funk/Pop Blue is perfect for this application.***
  5. Capitalize on the lower lash line. I am consistently shocked at how neglect I once was of this highly decoratable area of my face! For some reason I had this idea that putting anything but mascara down there was going to turn into something resembling a black eye. Sooooo wrong! In fact, my new favorite thing to do is to use the application from suggestion #4 and THEN add some contrasting color to the very inner corner of my bottom lashline concetrated under the tear duct and blended into the primary liner color. For example, I love to use the dual-ended pencil in Fab Orchid/Dash Lily (can you tell these were a hit with me?
    thmbup.gif
    ) and then I take...drum roll please....SHIMMERMOSS and put it in the corner. It makes the purples pop and my eye color, AND I get to use more SHIMMERMOSS
    pompom.gif
    (Parrot/Surreal/Cool Heat/Gulf Stream would all work as well)!
  6. No eye cream in the a.m. (or just before makeup app). No primer can handle my well-moisturized lid, even a tattoo would get a run for its money. I use the slightest dab just under my brow where I do most of my tweezing to combat the dry skin it sometimes causes.
Well, I think that is it for my suggestions. I will let you know if I uncover more ways to thwart the mud flap (that's what I affectionately call my eye hood)
censored.gif
! Hope this helps! Thanks for making me feel less alone, in a world of completely visible eyelids...
cheerleader.gif

Cinci

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPinkFlamingo

1. Liquidlast Liner.
  2. Waterproof Mascara.

i agree totally... these are two must haves!

reesesilverstar

Quote:

1. One word--PRIMER.
  2. Liquidlast Liner.
  3. Waterproof Mascara.
  4. Capitalize on the lower lash line.

Completely agree with 1 and 4!!!

Liquidlast, is that Covergirl?

OMG, yes, the lower lashline is AMAZING!!! It really kicks up a look.

SCN3772b.jpg

You can really see my fold in this one. It's humongous! I did this last weekend, and was like WHOA! lol. Don't have no eyebrow fill or mascara on... Sorry... Was just trying out new looks

Cinci

I use paint pots as my primer.. The MAC prep + prime creases on me.. But the paint pot stays all day!

Liquidlast Liner is one of MAC's liners... Hands down the best "stayput" liner i've ever tried...

MacPinkFlamingo

You can really see my fold in this one. It's humongous! I did this last weekend, and was like WHOA! lol.

You know I think this time of year is the worst time of year to try and control creasing. In the summer my lower lashline works overtime, for sure!
choochoo.gif

MacPinkFlamingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesesilverstar

You can really see my fold in this one. It's humongous! I did this last weekend, and was like WHOA! lol.

You know I think this time of year is the worst time of year to try and control creasing. In the summer my lower lashline works overtime, for sure!
choochoo.gif

MacPinkFlamingo

Sorry! This was my first attempt a using I quote...I think it is safe to say I need a bit more practice...LOL!

reesesilverstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinci
Liquidlast Liner is one of MAC's liners... Hands down the best "stayput" liner i've ever tried...

Ohhh, I could have sworn I saw Liquidlast on something when I was at Walgreens. Thanks tho
smiles.gif

Ha ha... It was Lash blast... I dunno how I could confuse the 2... But thanks again

Quote:
Sorry! This was my first attempt a using I quote...I think it is safe to say I need a bit more practice...LOL!

It's cool. You figured it out
winks.gif

1165Cheryl

After reading so much about UDPP i'm going to try it, Macs prep & prime doesn't do it for me. I've heard smashbox photo finish primer is good also but they have quite a few & I dont know which one it is.

CrystallineDoll

Believe it or not, the primer that works best for me is actually Avon's BEYOND COLOR Radiant Lifting Eyeshadow. It's a cream-to-powder shadow that is meant to reduce the look of wrinkles, but as a primer it works great, shadow doesn't crease or fade.

Check it out if you're looking for a new primer :]

AVON- Products

Latest posts