Favorite Eye shadow Primer

SassyMochaJess

Prep & prime eyes, works well for me

4/8/09: This shit sucks! Doesn't prevent creasing and color fades... Need to replace this asap!

KarlaKayM

UDPP definately!
yahoo.gif

aLove4MakeUp

I use Bare Escentuals PRIMETIME EYES..... this is the only eye primer i've ever tried. It works great!!! the only downside is the packaging. I can't ever tell if/when i'm running out

tana2210

Must have brushes

Hi all,

So just wondering what everyones top five brushes are.. they do not have to be MAC, any brand any use.

My faves are the

MAC 239
MAC 217
MAC 182
MAC 109
Napolean angled contour brush ( medium sized contour i find the mac ones to big or to small)

tana2210

Re: Must have brushes

yeh i have was just interested in what any other aussie forum users may think up, we dont get a few things that are available in america, so anything thats local is heaps better for me.

MrsMay

My faves are:

#187 - for blush application
#181 - for MSF/mineralised blush application
#182 - for applying loose powder
#239 - for highlighting
#219 - for applying crease colour and blending
#213 - for applying coarser pigments & e/s
Inglot angled eyeliner brush

Sorry - I couldnt just pick 5 so I included reasons for why I chose those lol...

tana2210

Anyone had any experiance with other inglot brushes. I neeeeeeeeeeeeed another kabuki (LOL) and inglots is a lil cheaper,

simplyenchantin

The inglot kabuki brush appears to be identical to the 182. I haven't bought it but I played with it in store. If you go in and ask them to, they'll use it on you etc and you can see for yourself. Aside from that I've bought an awesome blending brush from them and a large face powder brush that I use with loose and pressed powder and it works fine for me.. it was like $60 vs MAC large face brushes which are over $90 I think..

darkorchid

Just my two cents - cos I'm a budget girl - the new Manicare Artiste range found in Myer and Priceline is really affordable and have some really great brushes. I picked up their stippling brush - it is much smaller (by about half) the size of MACs 187 but I found it was really great at applying my liquid foundation with the stippling technique vs my Coastal Scents 187 dupe.

They are worth a look
winks.gif

rockin26

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkorchid
Just my two cents - cos I'm a budget girl - the new Manicare Artiste range found in Myer and Priceline is really affordable and have some really great brushes. I picked up their stippling brush - it is much smaller (by about half) the size of MACs 187 but I found it was really great at applying my liquid foundation with the stippling technique vs my Coastal Scents 187 dupe.

They are worth a look
winks.gif

Thanks for the rec, I get frustrated looiking at the threads for US stuff cos we don't have most of the brands they recommend as alt to MAC. I just picked up Gorgeous Cosmetics brush roll today so I'll be testing out all the bushes and will post some recs in the coming weeks.

As for MAC my faves are:-

239 - All over lid colouring
217 - Crease, outer V and pretty much most blending
242 - Good with cremes & paints for eyes
219 - My super smudger and to start up hard core crease play! Then blend with 217
yes.gif

168 - Blush & contour
275 - Eye highlights

Sorry I know it's 6!!