Favorite Eye shadow Primer

enigma

I use ArtDeco eyeshadow base and love it.
smiles.gif

naceprettub

UD PP is the only shadow primer that I have but I sometimes use shadesticks if the colors that I'm working with will blend well with the few shadesticks that I have. But UD PP is great! I had trouble with creasing before I bought it and I don't have that problem anymore.

KnittingSwede

elizabeth arden eye-fix primer. i have used it for about 15 years and it has never let me down - i've tried some other primers (udpp, mac paintpot, mac paint, lancome primers...) but this one is yet to be beaten in terms of keeping my eyeshadow from creasing!

1165Cheryl

I use to use Prime & prep, then went to UDPP and now I'm back to using paint pots and mixing medium if needed. My foundation is Kevyn Aucoin & Giorgio Armani and usually those are enough. The Prep & prime & UDPP work good but made my eyes itch and break out. I also really love smashbox's photo finish foundation primer, it makes my face so soft!! For the eyes I'm going back to the good old faithful MAC paintpots...

I <3 MakeUp

Too Faced Shadow Insurance is fantastic.

My eyelids get quite oily and no other eye primer has been able to stop creasing after a few hours except this brand.

Yushimi

MAC PP in Bare Study and Soft Orche. Lolz I don't know if those two count but that's what I use
smiles.gif

K&T Makeup

UDPP! I have to say that since I have started using this for my models, soon to get some for myself, I notice that no matter what e/s I put on them it pops!...sometimes more than I intended it too and a little bit truly goes a long way. I am on photoshoot #25 and I swear there is still ALOT more left in the bottle

chickatthegym

I haven't used any MAC primers for eyes... but I will add another brand to the list NOT to get! Smashbox dual primer kinda sucks (it is eyes on one side and a lip primer on the other). It's really dry and goes on flakey. So you have uneven flakes on before you even put your shadow on! At first, I kind of liked it b/c in the summer it kept my lids dry but the texture sucks. I had it forever and don't even like using it. I would NOT recommend this one.

As far as their face primer though, the Smashbox primer is pretty good. I had no problems with it and it always made my foundation last longer and go on smoother. However, that being said, it is just OKAY. Nothing special. I really like the Prep + Prime from MAC a lot better. (I use the one with the SPF50 in it- haven't tried the other one but heard good things about that too).

Oh, one more thing to add to my long post... while we are talking shadow primers... One I really like and have used for quite awhile is the Mary Kay "Creme to Powder" Eye Color in Vanilla. It goes on really smooth and leaves a subtle shimmer and is perfect under any shadow. Come to think of it, I have had this for WAY too long and should order a new one LOL.

Hope this helps
smiles.gif

Re: Problem with my eyelids!

Whoohooo, I know what eye shape I have now
th_DANCE.gif

Thanks for all the great tips to enhance anything but the non-visible eyelid...

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C. head.
I used to love UDPP, now I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance + MAC Fawntastic CCB.

Hi...I ordered Fawntastic CCB and am waiting for it to come in, how well does it work for you? I wanted to try the CCB's since they look easier to apply then PP's. Also, how dark is that color compared to MACS swatch? My eye's are so sensitive that I can only wear pigments or good quality loose mineral brands ( I now have my own line
smiles.gif
Most of the time my foundation is the only base I wear, lol but on the days I really want my eyes to stand out & last then I use the PP's, Too faced, UDPP & now CCB's.

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by godsgirl619
UDPP or Bare Canvas Paint

I was thinking of trying Bare Canvas, how well does that work for you? Have your tried their CCB's, if so which one do you like best?

purelifewater

Definitely Urban Decay Primer Potion.

Why?

Well, first of all, it does NOT crease my shadows.
And coming from an oily-skined, Asian small double eyelid-ed girl, that's pretty good.
Second, it makes shadows POP. The colour shows up much more vibrant.
And lastly, my shadows don't fade and don't budge. They stay put for the entire day, until I decided to take my makeup off.

And yes, the packaging is agonizing, but try to use as much of it as you can before cutting the tube open. When you begin to get that feeling like it's running out, take out that small plastic ring that's in it. That little small plastic ring is what squeezes down on the doe foot so that you don't get that much on the wand. However, if you take that out, you will be able to get so much more product.

KathyBlvD

BEST/FAV Eyeshadow Primer !?!?

Don't we all hate it when a look we've put so much work into gets nasty and messy after only an hour two.... Creasing..... UGH! So what is your must have/fav eyeshadow primer ??
winks.gif