Favorite Eye shadow Primer

Painterlyy

Re: BEST/FAV Eyeshadow Primer !?!?

I love mac paint pot in Painterly as you can tell from my name xD
I also love urban decay primer potion because i have oily lids and this product really helps with that and it keeps my eyeshadow from creasing and it really makes the colours pop
greengrin.gif

aggrolounge

It depends on what kind of makeup I'm wearing and how my skin's acting. L'oreal de-crease is the dryest formula, in my experience, so I use it when I'm not going to be layering a lot of shadow. I don't need a lot of "stick" for a neutral look.. but I do want my eyelids to stay dry and smooth, not oily.
For more complex looks, I like to use both UDPP and Painterly. Sometimes I'll use white pencils as a base on my inner corners and even my brow bone.

For those that want to go reeeeal cheap, I used to use maybelline cover-up sticks. I still do when I'm without a base. These are best used on a clean, dry lid with no moisturizer or foundation. But they will work, and won't crease for a long time!

Titty

I use UDPP with a thin layer of jW Cosmetics shadow base. It makes it easier to blend and UDPP adds some security underneath since it's like GLUE lol
smiles.gif

spectrolite

Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I can't live without it and it lasts forEVER! I've been using one tube for more than a year now. I use it under paint pots to make sure they don't crease.

L1LMAMAJ

udpp under painterly paint pot = creaseless, vibrant eyeshadow that lasts all day
smiles.gif

User38

UDPP, Paint Pots, old Stila Smudge pots and Bobbi Brown Cream ES.. they all work well. I do not combine UDPP with paint pots of any sort as I feel they glop up.. I do use MAC cream ES under a lot of shadows though.. they work well on the older ladies
smiles.gif

Mzchio

Re: Favorite eyeshadow primer/base

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitepinky
What brand & product do u reccomend for eyeshadow primers & bases?

There are many to choose from!
I've tried Urban Decay Primer Potion (good job)
MAC fluidline (love it)
MAC prep n prime (don't recommend it)
NYX jumbo stix pencils (apply lightly, or they'll crease)
Scandalous Base (just got it)
MAC Paint Pots (love them)

I recommend MAC fluidline in blacktrack or the paint pots in either painterly or soft ochre.
I heard about Too Faced shadow insurance, but I've never tried it. Also, don't be scared, ask for samples before buying the product.

Fataliya

I use either Too Faced Shadow Insurance, or UDPP, and then I put Chapstick on my lid.

gujifijian

Re: Problem with my eyelids!

yeah not sure wat shape ur eyes are but if ur having problems with eyeshadow creasing then u need to invest some money into a good eyeshadow primer. Try Sephora's Urban Decay Primer Potion ($22 in stores) or Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance Primer ($26). mind u these prices I'm quoting is Canadian prices. But I love ur blue eyeshadow.

gujifijian

Re: Problem with my eyelids!

Also because u have beautiful blue eyes(so jealous) u mite want to use colors that don't match ur eye color. That way ur 'blues' will stand out more!

MissResha

Quote:
Originally Posted by L1LMAMAJ
udpp under painterly paint pot = creaseless, vibrant eyeshadow that lasts all day
smiles.gif

yes!! this is my FAVORITE combo. I apply a very thin layer of UDPP, let it dry for about 30 sec. then a thin layer of Painterly on top of that. I swear, my shadow will NOT budge at all and it really sticks to the painterly in a way that is sometimes hard to wash off...but thats good! LOL. Painterly may just be my favorite paintpot ever. it really makes the colors pop for me.

lolli

What are your 4 must have MAC eye brushes?

Hi all!
wavey.gif
I'm new here and really want to improve my makeup skills. One of the things that I am hoping will help me are the right makeup brushes. So I am going to MAC today to purchase some. I only have enough money to buy 4 brushes and I am wondering what the experts here would recommend. After some research I'm thinking I should get the 217, 266, 239 and the 219. Please let me know what you think or if I should get some other brushes and why. TIA!