Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

erine1881

Re: MAC Recommendations needed for red hair blue eyes.

check out the colours in the redhead section of the brunette, blonde, redhead collection. its not a rule but a generaly guideline to help you get started with colours for your new haircolor.

Jessica0984

Re: MAC Recommendations needed for red hair blue eyes.

I tried that erine. Even flip and the pinky color don't look right...And red devil looks horrible. But it looked awesome with my brown hair.

Lucinda9999

Eyeshahows for blonde hair blue eyes??

hi.

I was wondering what sort of eyeshadow colours would suit me. I have small blue eyes, kind of pale skin, and blonde hair (but not really blond though)

thewinglessbird

Re: Eyeshahows for blonde hair blue eyes??

Vex (on the lids) & Print (applied to crease) for a smokey-eyed look is best pulled off on blue eyes. It looks gorgeous. Warm shades like Samoa Silk, Expensive Pink, Sweet Chestnut...

ForgetRegret

My best friend has the same combo...she's a dirty blonde, almost really light golden brown, but she's pale and has blue eyes too...I looooove putting amber lights on her...really makes her eyes pop.

TISH1124

I would think you probably could wear about any color....

thewinglessbird

^ I was going to say.

Blue eyes are very safe. They are less pigmented than say green eyes (most pigmented) & therefore easy to work with.

Modmom

I have light blonde hair, blue eyes and fair-med skin (NC 20 Studio Fix Fluid) and my favorite shadows are:
MAC: expensive pink, woodwinked, da bling, shale (just bought copperplate and I'm anxious to try it)
NYX: hot pink, iced mocha
Smashbox: Shell (peach color)

Ya, lots of warm pink colors. I keep trying to branch out, and I keep coming back to these.

I have amber lights and its not bad, but not one I really reach for.

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modmom
I have amber lights and its not bad, but not one I really reach for.

That might be because you're an NC...my friend's an NW (and also a tiny bit more fair, she's a 15), and it looks ridiculously awesome on her. Then again, some people's skin seem to react differently with the same shadow and make them look like two totally different shadows...even if they wear the same foundation shade.
Skin really is interesting and completely confounding sometimes.
I do agree on Expensive Pink and Shale, too...they look really beautiful on you blue eyed ladies.
smiles.gif

Meisje

I have the NYX trio in Rust/Copper/Walnut Brown and it makes my eyes (grey-toned blue) pop like crazy.

Warm browns and warm purples make people notice my eyes, generally.

kariii

To compliment your eyes , use the opposite of the color wheel

color.jpg

For instance with your blue eyes:
I would go with taupes, soft browns, peach and pink eyeshadows
for eyeliner, brown brings out the color like crazy.

palmetto_barbie

browns bring out blue eyes...in the summer try woodwinked, honeylust, amber lights, and mulch
smiles.gif

henrieta

Mac eyeshadows that go with blue eyes???

Hi everybody! i'm trying to increase my make up collection and looking for eyeshadow that go really well with blue eyes (brown hair, NC25). I bought a few eyeshadows last week and realised that not all of them look good on me.

This is the few i already have:

shroom
goldmine
amber lights
tempting
woodwinked
patina
mulch
shale
satin taupe
cranberry
carbon
knight divine
(contrast, trax, star n rockets, pink venus, surreal = hardly ever used)
vanilla, violet, tan and melon pigment

Any advise?

th_dunno.gif
th_dunno.gif
th_dunno.gif

Mabelle

Re: Mac eyeshadows that go with blue eyes???

Bronze, Romp, Espresso, Embark, Tempting, Honeylust, Grand Entrance, Trax (if you use it over a reddish base it'll look awesome), club
pigments in heritage rouge, meuseum bronze, blond's gold, old gold, gold,

imo rich browns, golds and ambers/bronzes look the best on blue eyes and make they pop like crazy

glam8babe

amber lights is the one that makes my blue eyes totally pop!!

gildedangel

Any eyeshadow that has an orange tone would make your eyes pop! Try Coppering and Rule, and any gold color as well.

henrieta

thanks girls!!! guess im gonna stick with browns and golds than! any blues, purples or greens that would go with blue eyes? i would like to try a bit of colour but have no idea which one to try?

specktra_rocks.gif

Ernie

I love silverthorn eyeshadow, it's still available on the pro site. Also yellows look good with blue eyes, bright future works well. Idol eyes, beautiful iris are nice lavender/purple shades. Also fresh green mix (mineralize duo) is a great green shade.

Mabelle

check out those greens coming out with "love that look". The yellow green (R-Rated) and the true green(?) could be intresting. The true green looks close to Wondergrass, which would be fantastic on blue eyes. If no, try Bio-Green(Pro)

Blues prob. not make your eyes pop, but some beautiful blues are; Deep Truth, Atlantic Blue, Clairty or Electric eel, Aquadisiac

Purples: purples with red understones will make yours eyes "pop" more. Something like Nocturnelle, Hepcat, Trax, Fig 1., creme de violet. Grape pigment is a must have imo. Stars and rockets is a good one too.

Greens: Soemthing similar to wondergrass, Bottle Green, Humid, Brown Green Pigment would be lovely, Sumptous Olive (if you can find it), The perm dupe for Mink & Sable... i'm forgetting the name right now...

I think most pinks would be lovely on you too. Also check out "Burnt Burgundy" Pigment (pro) it's so fantastic on all eye colours

Latest posts