Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

hawaii02

Re: NYX e/s for blue eyes

I have Champagne (All that Glitters dupe), Apricot Moose, a Juxt dupe (forgot name), and Purple.
smiles.gif

myystiqueen

hmmm... GOLDEN and RUST are just AWESOME.... those are Amber Lights and Cranberry dupes if you haven't noticed... ^^

other e/s??? i probably suggest : iced mocha - purple - red bean pie - copper (mac coppering dupe)

sayah

Thanks guys!

I'm thinking about Apricot moose, Jade, Ocean, Beauty queen, Cherry, Toffee and Walnut. I have no idea how to use Cherry but it's so pretty!
drools.gif

Kitiara

Oh man, you need violet.
It makes my blue eyes POP like crazy.
its gorgeous.

I have like...40 of them.
but just chose because I liked colors not for my eyes.

maybe almond too! its an orangey-copper color and its super nice with blue eys too.

MissMochaXOXO

i must check champagne out if it dupes all that glitters like some1 posted above! all that glitters makes my eyes pop sooo pretty.

i was gonn say iced mocha though
smiles.gif

ms_angry_nipple

I agree with everyone with Champagne. It's like all that glitters and is just as smooth and pigmented.

ES32 (Purple) which is also in the purple trio. It's such a pretty med toned purple (not glittery...has some sheen to it) with golden it'll really make ur blue eyes pop
smiles.gif
. If you get the purple trio, it's the middle colour.

ES 45 (Opal). The most similiar colour by Mac would be Vellum as in a duochrome White eyeshadow that has a unique shimmer. Opal has a purple/blue shimmer in the light..however some ppl notice a pink shimmer. This would go well as a inner corner or highlight when you are wearing pink/purple. smokey eye! smokey eye!
smiles.gif

For pink...like MAC paradisco or expensive pink...
highly recommend ES67 Shimmer. the picture on the nyx website is horrible. it's such a smooth beautiful metalic pink with a gold shimmer to it.
Compared to apricot mouse...apricot mouse is more of a muted orangey version. Shimmer s a coral/pink but more pink and apricot mouse is a light orange in the pan. Salmon ES 50 is even more pink than Shimmer ES67.

Check out this person on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/thefashionmaven
I thinks she did the entire 160 eyeshadows....she has blue...green eyes?

Also while you are ordering..MUST BUY!!!! NYX DOLL EYES MASCARA in long lash or volumizing....my favourite favourite thing. If you like Imju's Fiberwig at Sephora $22USD.....Long lash Doll Eyes mascara is the drugstore dupe with the fibers too but fraction of the price. And both formulas are quite waterproof so don't bother buying the waterproof mascara. omigod love love love it.

AND AND....hehehe The Nyx jumbo eye pencils in Milk and Cottage Cheese.
Dab some on...smudge with ur finger all over the lids...THE PERFECT Base.
Cottage cheese tones some of my warmer eyeshadows because it's a greyish shimmer base...and milk is awesome for a matte neutral eye. I have no creasing problems what so ever!

Good luck with your hauling
smiles.gif

Bright colours for blue eyes

Hey guys, i just wondered what e/s you recommended for blue eyes? I tend to wear neutrals or a smokey eye. I try so many bright colours like greens and purples and i always feel i end up looking like a clown. Maybe i am trying the wrong shades! What have you found that works?

jaclynashley

Re: Bright colours for blue eyes

I love Satin Taupe all over the lid,a tiny bit of Carbon in the crease,Stila's Poise in the crease as well,a matte white for highlight,and black eyeliner.
I swear it makes blue eyes POP!
smiles.gif

NARS has a purple eyeshadow called Strada that's lovely as well.

MrsMay

Re: Bright colours for blue eyes

I wear anything from purples to greens to golds to teals
winks.gif

The only thing I have found that looks ewww is yellow based greens.

Try a brighter copper, like copper sparkle pigment - looks fantatsic!

Jessica0984

MAC Recommendations needed for red hair blue eyes.

I recently colored my hair red and nothing in my makeup case looks right anymore. Thanks Ladies!

Little Addict

Re: MAC Recommendations needed for red hair blue eyes.

i have red hair but brown eyes. I normally just stick with neutrals. Sometimes greens and purples.

mindlessgapgirl

when my hair was red, i wore rose pigment a lot (lightly on my lids). my eyes are green fyi
smiles.gif

Tahti

I've got red hair & green eyes and I wear a lot of pinks, browns, lilacs and blacks. ^^

kimmy

you may want to check out shimmer's fotds, she's got red hair and blue eyes.
smiles.gif
neutrals are always a sure bet, too!

ForgetRegret

Jessica, what kind of red..? Warm red or cool red? One of my best friends has red hair (it's a red red...think Shirley Manson of Garbage back in the day...) and blue eyes...I love her in golds and coppers...really makes her eyes pop.
smiles.gif

Jessica0984

My hair is warm. It is a Red gold. I am trying to get it strawberry blonde but I am doing it in stages.

tremorviolet

I have red hair (natural medium red) and blue eyes (kinda grey blue) and warm colors really make my eyes pop. I look best in peaches and corals although pinks, purples, and greens can make a nice contrast. I avoid blues and teals altogether as they compete with my eye color.

I only wear black e/l if I'm going out at night, it look too harsh for daily wear. My holy grail is Rich Ground f/l, a great reddish brown color that looks really natural on me. And I use an auburn mascara too for daily wear.

I think on of the big things with red hair is that dark and ashy browns often look too harsh. So what might have been a great neutral with brown hair won't work with red hair unless you use a really light hand and blend super well. My neutrals work best with a reddish, warm tone.

Latest posts