Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

Susanne

Re: Eyeshadow recs for blue eyes, blonde hair?

Try Satin Taupe. And maybe you can still get Neutral Pink from the N Collection.

KTB

Amber lights is awesome for making my blue eyes pop. I wear it with Tempting and Retrospeck and I always get compliment son how blue my eyes are.

I also find certain shades of green make my eyes blue, but perhaps I'm just imagining things because green's my favourite colour and I'll wear it anyway
greengrin.gif

revinn

Amber Lights, Remotely Grey, Satin Taupe, Artifact Paint Pot (makes em pop outta your face!), and Clue.

vanillaa

e/s recommendations for fair skin + blue eyes

Hey everyone
smiles.gif

Just wanted to say I'm glad I found Specktra, I loveee this forum! I'm new to MAC though, so I was wondering if y'all could give me advice on some musthave eyeshadows? I already ordered some *authentic* piggie samples in the colors:
Teal
Your Ladyship
Golden Olive
Copperized
Vanilla
Chocolate Brown
Gold Mode
Melon
Tan

Since my skin is very pale, I was wondering which e/s colors would suite me best? I love neutrals, but I also like to use some bolder colors! I have brown hair and blue eyes. I hope y'all can help me out! Included a picture, just to be sure :p http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4071/dsc03664rj3.jpg

xx Natasja

PS. Sorry for my English, I'm from Holland :p TIA!

vanillaa

Re: e/s recommendations for fair skin + blue eyes

EDIT to ask:

What do you think is the best blush tone to wear when you have fair skin? I personally love coral shades!

Jello89

Im fair skinned and Blue-eyed also! I think corals are nice too. Right now Im using the blush ''hipness'' from the FAFI collection. Its kinda bright, so Im really gentle with it and it looks great! As for e/s, I need some help with that too! I use pinks and purples and browns and neutrals.I haven tried anything else...

Jello89

I also made myself a list of eyeshadows to check out...Ill probably end up buying a few of those...Sorry If Im not much help haha.
Amber Lights or gorgeous gold

Ricepaper
Cranberry
Deep Truth or Nehru
Moon’s Reflection
Blacktied
Bronze or Woodwinked
Trax or shadow lady
[FONT=&quot]Sushi flower[/FONT]

mreichert

Since you have blue eyes, browns would look amazing on you! I would try Woodwinked, Amber Lights, and Espresso. Wedge is a great blending e/s, and Vanilla is a must have for a highlighter
smiles.gif

As far as blush goes, Nars Orgasm would look great- it is a light peachy coral shade. I know it's widely used, but there's a reason for that
smiles.gif

mreichert

Here's my top 10 list of MAC eyeshadows I think everyone should own, regardless of skin/hair/eye color:

-Vanilla
-Black Tied or Carbon
-Wedge (great for blending)
-Parrot
-Nocturnelle
-Goldmine
-Humid
-Amber Lights
-Cranberry
-Satin Taupe

If you have those basic colors, you could create a TON of different looks
smiles.gif

vanillaa

Thanks for your help mreichert!
smiles.gif
I wish I had Parrot, it's such a great color, but it's pro or l/e i think?
ssad.gif
Can anybody also help me with a browcolor? I love using eyeshadow for that, but I think that espresso is a little to dark.. I don't want it to look very harsh
smiles.gif

Oh and I know Orgasm, actually I have a great knock-off of it and I totally love it!
greengrin.gif

BTW, I received my piggie samples today and I'm in luvvv! I got a free sample, Copper sparkle
greengrin.gif

lms6241

I'm picking out my colors too.
smiles.gif
So far I have

Sketch
Handwritten
Expensive Pink
Soba
Honesty
Shroom
Honey Lust
Nylon

and I want to get
Satin Taupe
Sable

vanillaa

Thanks
greengrin.gif
Just have to wait untill I have some money again, lol :p

tiramisu

as far as your blush shades in coral-y/peachy shades (as it looks like you've got some great suggestions on e/s) I would recommend (I'm fair/blue eyes too):

**Peachykeen
**Sunbasque
**Tenderling (nude-peach shade, but awesome on my skin tone so must have nudey shade!!--I'm an NW20)
**NARS Deep Throat (if like me, Orgasm doesn't show up too well on you, or you'd like a color with more "punch" to it)
**Beauty Powder Sunshine Pearl (Barbie Loves MAC beauty powder) if you can find it!

I have a lot of the e/s colors you've mentioned (and other posters have too) and highly recommend them too!
HTH!!

Lucky13mjo

I also have brown hair, fair skin and blue eyes.
These are the e/s I LOVE and wear often:
-Satin taupe
-Club
-Woodwinked
-Naked Lunch
-Trax

For blush, you should try Pinch 'o peach. It's very sheer and gives a nice flush for us pale gals.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

mreichert

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanillaa
Thanks for your help mreichert!
smiles.gif
I wish I had Parrot, it's such a great color, but it's pro or l/e i think?
ssad.gif
Can anybody also help me with a browcolor? I love using eyeshadow for that, but I think that espresso is a little to dark.. I don't want it to look very harsh
smiles.gif

Oh and I know Orgasm, actually I have a great knock-off of it and I totally love it!
greengrin.gif

BTW, I received my piggie samples today and I'm in luvvv! I got a free sample, Copper sparkle
greengrin.gif

Try Cork for your brows- it's a similar shade to espresso but not as dark. I have the same problem
smiles.gif

elegant-one

For fair skin I highly recommend the new Beauty Powder Blushes - Joyous if you like corals & Heatherette Alpha Girl!

All the above recs are great
Barbie Beauty Burst
Brown Script
smokey grey/blues
Anything with bronze will make your blue eyes pop

speedygirl247

Re: MAC Shadows to make blue eyes stand out and first post, yay!

I have blue eyes, I am currently doing dazzleray with goldspice metalx. Lovin it...

hawaii02

My eyes are blue-gray. I like Parfait Amour with Evening Aura or Rule. Another combo used is Swimming and Coppering (as a liner).
smiles.gif

coconut

I find greys are really good. They don't make eyes stand out as much as bronze or copper, but it's nice to have options. Copperplate and Earthly Riches are my favourites, but I also like Shale, Knight Divine, and Scene.

Latest posts