Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

KTB

Re: Eyeshadow for blue eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
As long as you're not a blue eyed redhead, you should be able to work with most colors with blue eyes. However, if you're red (or even a very reddish toned brunette) colors like purple will make you look like you've lost a bar fight. I found that one out the hard way.

Just something to consider.
smiles.gif

So funny that I was just coming in here to post pretty much this exact same thing
smiles.gif
I have blue eyes and red hair and I cannot wear purple at all except Sketch as a liner but I don't consider that purple.

Anyway, I wear blue a lot especially as a liner (Flashtrack or Deep Truth) since I find that black on me is too harsh. I'm quite liking silvery grey on me at the moment (Silver Ring and Electra) and I love greens!!!! I use Swimming, Golder's Green p/g, Golden Olive p/g, Emerald p/g, Humid, Wondergrass and Sumptuous Olive all the time and get lots of compliments. Copper is a really good colour too. I'll uses Naked Lunch, All That Glitters, Mulch and Shroom and then line with Copper and the blue really stands out.

glam8babe

Re: Green shadows on blue eyes?

green e/s looks gr8 on blue eyes! i own springtime skipper and wondergrass and both look great! IMHO it brings out the blue more

AKsnoangel

As a lot of the other posters have mentioned, I get tons of compliments when I wear green shadows. Some of my faves include Sprout, Juxt, Humid, and I love love love Sumptuous Olive! Go for it, man!
cutey.gif

KTB

I love green on my blue eyes!!!! I use all shade including Wondergrass, Swimming, Humid, Sprout, Golders Green, Golden Olive, Emerald and Forest Greens.

I get so many compliments when I wear greens. I've given up listening to the "rules" and wear what I like.

KTB

Just to add to this that I decided based on this thread to wear greens today. I'm wearing Wondergrass, Sprout, Humid, and Emerald p/g as a liner. I got to work at 8am and by the time school started at 8:45 I'd had 4 different people (including men) comment on how bright my eyes were today. Since then I've had a few students (girls only) comment on my eyes.

Green on Blue is a definite go!!!
greengrin.gif

Loula1

Recommendations for redhead with blue eyes please! Clueless with colours!!

I would really love some help with a few ideas for some different complete makeup looks for daytime and evening (i.e. co-ordinating blush/eye colour/lip colour. I have a nightmare as I never know which colours to buy.

I have dark auburn/red hair (I have posted a pic) and NW20 skin with dark blue eyes.

People on makeup counters are always trying to put products on me that make my skin look orange which I HATE
th_wallbash.gif

In clothing terms I think I suit white rather than beige shades (which wash me out). I look good in blue and fresh colours rather than muted ones.

I am particularly looking for a really nice blush colour. I saw a lovely one on the redhead woman in 'How to Lose a Guy in ten days'. It looked like a browny/red burnt colour.

The only blush I really suit is Benefit 'Benetint'.

Can anyone help?? Thanks x
th_confused_new.gif

Shimmer

Re: Recommendations for redhead with blue eyes please! Clueless with colours!!

um, the fastest thing I can recommend is that you search the FOTD forum for any of my FOTDs*, as I'm redheaded and blue eyed.
smiles.gif
Then you can just see what you like and try those colors/combinations.

As for blush, I prefer Ablaze or Nars Orgasm.

hth.

*God that sounds egotistical.

lilMAClady

I would try blues purples and greens for the eyes. For a rich colored blush, try Laid Back blushcreme by MAC. It's a chocolate berry color. I would also try rich golden colors on the eyes as well. That's all that comes to mind, but I would go to sites like bobbibrown.com and maccosmetics.com and do a live chat and tell them you dilema and they will put as many looks together for you as you would like! Hope this helps and good luck!

KTB

I love Bronze shadow as a liner, I wear tons of greens too (Swimming, Humid, Sprout, Wondergrass ...)

I also wear greys, and lots of browns too. Okay so I'm no help whatsoever other than to say try them all
greengrin.gif

The blush I wear is Springsheen but I'm a lighter redhead then you are.

Hilly

I was going to suggest looking at Shimmer's fotds!!

purrtykitty

You'd look fantastic in greens and bronzes/coppers. But really, check out Shimmer's FOTDs - she does great stuff!

Briar

I agree, Shimmer's looks are fantastic! I'm also a red-head with blue eyes but I have a yellowish, rather than pinkish tone to my skin so I don't know if what I wear will work for you but you could check out my FOTDs too (though they are in no way as good as Shimmer). I like to play around with color so you might see a color combo you like.

xbrookecorex

I love green on my blue eyes! (although I rarely have the guts to wear green eyeshadow, just cause I hate standing out at college, but thats a whole other story...) Humid looks good on me, and then the time I got the most compliments about my eyes 'popping' I was just wearing Milani 'Garen Mist' all over my lid... I've been told it's comprable to Mac Lucky Green or possibly Juxt.

liv

It's not MAC, but I *love* Stila Jade e/s, it's gorgeous!

lms6241

Eyeshadow recs for blue eyes, blonde hair?

I have fair skin with cool undertones and I'm thinking I would be NW20. What would be some good neutrals and shadows to make my eyes pop.

Growing Wings

Re: Eyeshadow recs for blue eyes, blonde hair?

I was recommended Woodwinked and All That Glitters to make my blue eyes pop. I'd also try Amber Lights and Coppering.

Latest posts