Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

Dizzyray822

Re: E/S recommendations for Brown Hair & Blue Eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinford
Anything orange, it might seem a bit too adventurous but I swear nothing will make your blue eyes pop quite like it, try paridisco for a subtle shade or else coppering or firespot if it's still available

I must agree....when i first got into MAC the MA recommended Paradisco e/s for my blue eyes and at first I thought.....no....but then he put it on and i fell in love with how it made my eyes look. Coppering is amazing with blue eyes as well. I also find that browns such as Mulch e/s looks really good with blue eyes.
I love MAC peachykeen and springsheen blushes and I have similar coloring to you as well.
Also!!!....check out MAC Rich Ground fluid line....I love love love it...with my blue eyes.
Good luck experimenting and have fun with it!

Wannabe Junkie

Re: E/S recommendations for Brown Hair & Blue Eyes?

Thanks carlyann, claresauntie and Dizzyray. I'm making a note of everything and having looked at the colours and liners you have suggested there's plenty of things to try as well as the neutrals :thumbsup:.

KTB

Grey shadow on blue eyes?

I have blue eyes (obviously lol) and it's been suggested to me to try grey shadow. Since I'm a teacher and tend to do neutrals during the week this could work well for me if they look right and it would be different from my browns.

I'm trying to stay away from frost ahadows which makes me sad since I like the look of Cumulus
ssad.gif

Do you have any suggestions for greys as well as what you might pair them with. Thanks - while I love makeup I'm still figuring out colour combinations and such.

KTB

Re: Grey shadow on blue eyes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethel
How about the new matte grey by urban decay?

I've never used UD shadows since there isn't anywhere here near me that I can buy them. I can't get MAC either for that matter but buy it online
smiles.gif
Thanks though.

While I say I'm trying to stay away from Frosts I'm not against them completely by any means. I'm just getting older so am trying to "mature"
lol.gif

Dizzy

You can order Urban decay online- they've even got a 30% off deal going on right now (the code is in the Bargain Hunters part of the forum), but I second the UD matte gray- it's seriously stunning.

If not, have you tried the gray from the Nars pacifica duo? That's another gorgeous gray on blue eyes especially.

KTB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy
You can order Urban decay online- they've even got a 30% off deal going on right now (the code is in the Bargain Hunters part of the forum), but I second the UD matte gray- it's seriously stunning.

If not, have you tried the gray from the Nars pacifica duo? That's another gorgeous gray on blue eyes especially.

Ooh thanks I'll go check that out. Never tried NARS either for the same reason as UD. Belleville's pretty small - I happened into MAC through friend while we were in another city
greengrin.gif

KTB

Gah - no shipping to Canada for UD but there is a Sephora a couple of hours from me
ssad.gif

macslut

I would go for a matte grey and navy blue look. I have blue eyes and I tend to use those on my eyes alot. Black mascara is also a must with this look.

KTB

macslut (I feel awful typing that lol) how do you do your grey and navy look? It sounds lovely but I'm trying to picture it. What colours do you use?

Re: Eyeshadow for blue eyes?

I have blue eyes. I like using Delft (paint pot) as a base and topping it with Ether, then using Plumage to define the V and part of the crease. I use a little Haux right above the crease and Vapour as the highlight. I get a lot of compliments.

Karen_B

I have blue eyes too and apart from browns and pinks, I find that purples actually make my eyes pop. Pink Freeze or Milani Taffy on the lid with Parfait Amour in the crease, and a black liner really makes the blue in my eyes come out.

But you can wear blue if you want as well. A light baby blue with a dark navy in the crease, for example. I tried Moon's Reflection on the lid, Blue Storm in the crease and then Deep Truth to darken my outer v and it rocked. I find I can wear blues better if I line my eyes with a true black, like Blacktrack fluidline.
Moss Scape paint pot looks awesome with Deep Truth over it, too.

j_absinthe

Amber Lights is my HG for all blue eyes, or if you're looking to go inexpensive, Milani's Desert Storm. Love that ish!

glam8babe

i have blue/grey eyes too and every colour ive used has suited me.. i do beleive every colour suits everyone you just have to work with it properly

Dizzy

As long as you're not a blue eyed redhead, you should be able to work with most colors with blue eyes. However, if you're red (or even a very reddish toned brunette) colors like purple will make you look like you've lost a bar fight. I found that one out the hard way.

Just something to consider.
smiles.gif

Blue Storm-Blue-Green Eyes?

Hi,
I have blue greenish eyes and i´m interested in buying some of the Blue Storm eyeshadows. Can anybody rec some tipps? Thanks.
cheerleader.gif

eowyn797

Re: Blue Storm-Blue-Green Eyes?

maybe Cumulus & Thunder? Stormwatch was so terrible, it's not worth it...and i didn't like the texture of Cloudburst (the black?) either.

kblakes

Re: Blue Storm-Blue-Green Eyes?

I agree with Cumulus and Thunder. They look really good with my blue/green/grey eyes

faifai

Rich browns, golds, bronzes and champagne colors.

If you have access to NYX, I'd say get NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Walnut Pearl and Oro Pearl.