Favorite eye shadow shades for Blue eyes?

kimmy

humid, definately. blue eyed girls can work wonders for their eye colour with humid!

Vicky88

Good colours...

... for ice blue eyes? REALLLLY light.

My friend has this colour eye and normal colours that suit blue eyes do nothing for her. Any tips to make them stand ou?

hotti82

what about a more intense blue shadow like freshwater or blues like moon's reflection, tilt or deep truth? they might look cool, or maybe some greens like aquadisiac, shimmermoss, turquatic or steamy? purples look good with blue eyes (beautiful iris, parfait amour, satellite dreams or purple shower) so do silvers like electra or vex. just experiment i guess...

cno64

If a subtle, low-key look is okay, I'd try "Quarry." It's neutral enough not to compete with the eye's color, but purple enough to complement it.
I'd also try soft taupes, browns, and peachy beiges, too. As another person suggested, just experiment; sometimes that's what it takes.

natalie75

Blue eyes here

I have pinks but for some reason I shy away. I do have MANY browns and neutral colors.

I also wear a lot of "plums, peaches or taupes" mentioned here.

Haux
Flirty Number
coco pigment
Satin Taupe
Blackberry
Maroon pigment
quarry
Folie
shale

PEACH
Citrus Twist ID
Jest

LOVE Goldmine as mentioned here!

Hope this helps!

joraye

Coppering works great with my blue eyes.

Sushi Flower may be a bit bright, but it works great for me, and can be worn sheerly.

Arena and Goldmine are great for me too.

I also like pairing a blue with them, such as Fountainbleu.

natalie75

What about Stencil?

Do any of your blue eyes use Stencil or peach colors? How do you use them? What colors?

earlyglory

Pigments for blue eyes (NW 20)

Do you have any "must have" pigment recs for me?
(nw20, blue eyes, dark brown hair)

Thank you!
Jeannie

ohhhhhthehorror

My roomate has blue eyes and I absoluetly love anything silver on her (as far as eyeshadow is concerned).
Maybe Softwash Grey pigment if you can still find it.
Or any other silver pigment.

Glitziegal

I love to see chocolate browns on blue eyes.
Maybe try and find some coco beach.
Tan, and Melon are stunning with blue eyes as well. But hey with how cheap pigment samples are...and given the fact that it would take forever to get through a whole pot...go to town and try lots.

liquidsirenhoney

i think vanilla or pink opal ar a must hve they are just so verastile. sunnydaze if you can still find it and blue brown might also look nice.

natalie75

I am NW 20 and blue eyes, blonde hair. I adore Coco! I paid out the -------- for it, but it was worth it! I also love Teal pigment.

Tonitra

I'm also blue-eyed NW15/20, but with blonde hair. I think any pigment can work, but my favourites are Melon, Teal, Copper Sparkle, Pink Opal and Gold Dusk (this one is LE, so I'm not sure if it's still around).

Edit: I almost forgot-Sunpepper! I think this pigment looks amazing on blue eyes-it's very reddish-brown which makes for awesome contrast.

lolachick

Eye shadow recs for a blonde with blue eyes?

I'm fairly new to MAC e/s (not to piggies, though) and am trying to build a solid collection. What are your recommendations for a fairskinned blonde with blue eyes? I usually stay away from really outrageous colors, unless I line with them. I already have:

Tempting
Lavender Sky
Moth Brown
D'Bohemia
Gleam
Creme de Violet
B-Rich
Chroma Sinful Serpent
Meadowland
Night Owl
Wishful
Lustreleaf
Motif
Lightshade
Love Bud
Jasmine
Sea Myth
Mancatcher

I also have these palettes/quads: Patternmaker warm and cool, Delights Trend and Warm, Take Wing quad, and Tease Me quad (tease me is supposed to be coming in swap soon)

lolachick

P.S. I forgot to say that it doesn't matter if they're LE/DC or permanent. I can *try* to swap for any LE ones. Try being the operative word, lol.

tracie

I have somewhat blonde hair (dark underneath) and blue eyes, and I think my two favorite shadows are woodwinked and mulch. Mulch goes with so much, and woodwinked is just gorgeous..but might be really close to tempting.

Also, if you can get ahold of it, I absolutely love lucky green.

..kels*

i'd have to agree.. you should definitely get woodwinked!! it looks amazing with blue eyes & it's so easy to apply/blend. try pairing it with amber lights & coppering to really make your blue eyes pop.

user79

Third on Woodwinked, a great staple to have, it's a warm rusty gold colour that goes with just about everything, and since you like neutrals I think you'd like this one. It's also a veluxe pearl so the consistency is great!

Since you have blue eyes, orange shades would look GREAT on you, so I would also suggest Expensive Pink. It's a warm peachy golden orange shade that is subtle with just enough colour.

Mulch, as already stated, is also nice, it's a warm brown tone with gold shimmer in it, but it's also pretty close to Tempting so I'm not sure if it's absolutely necessary.

Coppering is also gorgeous, a very vibrant coppery red shade, and it's also a VP so great pigmentation and easy to blend. Can also be applied lightly and it looks amazing with Melon pigment or with Woodwinked.

Sanne

I'm blonde, and I wear everything
smiles.gif

I love d'bohemia a lot, I think you'll get a beautiful combi when you use it on your lid and up to your crease, and lightly blend some copper in the crease (I didn't see one above, but I mean a color like coppering) OR you can use a bright pink in the crease.

and even on it's own it's beautiful
smiles.gif