Favorite Hair Products!

ratmist

Re: The BEST ever hair products you've used

I grew up with Mastey. It is damned hard to get cheaply in the UK, so I have tried most of the drugstore brands and some salon brands. Like a prodigal child, I always return to Mastey. It is the only brand that excludes all of the following: sulfates, oils, glycerins, glycols, non-vegetable proteins. It is the only range that has never built up or irritated my scalp or dulled my hair over time.

Fyi, I have a sensitive scalp and (recently) very sensitive skin, slightly coarse thick black hair, prone to dryness and split ends (especially since I change the colour frequently).

Esperanza

I have very long & dark brown hair and my scalp has a tendency to be oily. As every long hair, the ends are often very brittle so I take extra care of them. I used to have my hair coloured for years (auburn then black) and it really weakened it so I stopped 2 years ago and now, they are in good health
smiles.gif

Here's what I use:

Shampoos & Conditioners

PANTENE PRO V
'Brunette expressions'

JOHN FRIEDA
'Brilliant Brunette' Shine release moisturising shampoo & conditioner (I looove the smell of his products
eyelove.gif
)

KERASTASE
Bain Divalent 'Balancing Hair Bath for oily scalp and dry sensitised ends': this one was recommended to me by a hairdresser and although it's really expensive, it's a fantastic and really effective product.
First I use a basic shampoo suitable for my hair type to get rid of the dirt/dust/oil etc... then I use the Bain Divalent and leave it works for 5 to 10 min, then I rinse. The results are amazing, my scalpt is all fresh and re-oxygenated and my hair feels so clean!

RENE FURTERER
FIORAVANTI Naturel No rinse detangling spritz

Hair Treatments

RENE FURTERER
KARITE No rinse nutritive concentrate - Express treatment for very dry and rebellious hair &
KARITE Intense nourishing conditioning cream

Mousse

DESSANGE
Volumizing hairstyling mousse with pro-vitamin B5

Staceypie0616

KERISTASE Hair masque-Nutritive. Love this stuff!
greengrin.gif

John Freida Blonde silkener creme

msmack

I have THICK wavey-curly hair with a dry scalp. waaah
weeping.gif

Shampoo: JASON unscented
Conditioner: JASON unscented
Leave-in Conditioners: none.
Hair Treatment Masks: Homemade shea butter mask
Hairspray: TiGi Bedhead 'hard head' hairspray (
eyelove.gif
)

I really don't need too many fancy products with my hair... I JUST NEED CONTROL! lol It supplies all the volume I could ever need!
smiles.gif

CantAffordMAC

As far as shampoos go, I always liked the one Dove made for moisture. I haven't found the perfect one yet though. (same goes with conditioners)

Deep Conditioner:
New Era 2000. It smells like a perfumed old lady, but it is so thick, and it really works great. And its extremely inexpensive.

Serums:
Biosilk Silk Therapy. BEST SERUM EVER. I use this on wet/damp hair and then let my hair air dry, and straighten it with a flat iron hours later, and it makes my hair SO soft, shiny, just perfect. Not to mention that I can keep this style for 4-5 days with absolutely no other product in my hair, and by only retouching certain areas with the iron.

I was also using John Frieda Frizz Ease thermal protection serum. That works pretty good too. I've run out of Biosilk so I'm using this now lol.

Creams/leave-ins:
Salerm 21. This is a cream with silk proteins. It smells really powdery but I've been using it on my curls lately. It doesn't provide the best control, because my curls still get frizzy at the ends. I usually just add another product though, which I'll get to...

Aquage Illuminating Gelade. This is an extremely sticky, clear gel that texturizes and defines. When I have frizzy or ugly curls, I take the tiniest amount of this stuff, and rub with my hands. I then scrunch my DRY hair with the product and it instantly defines my curls and provides more definition without being crunchy. I've been really feeling the big curls thing lately, so after I'm done with all this I usually pick my hair out a little bit just to fluff it out.

Bed Head by Tigi..Ego Boost Split End Mender. This stuff was truly amazing last summer. I had to use this and only this, and my curls were somewhow turned into beautiful perfect waves. It seriously transformed my hair, with no effort. I still use it occasionally, and it doesn't do the same thing anymore. If you use too much, it can get crunchy. But again, this is a great product when used with another product.

Outshine by Redken. This is a just a cream that stops frizzies and smoothes hair. I like it a lot. Again, only use a little bit and your hair looks great.

I have always loved Infusium 23. I don't use it anymore, but it instantly detangles and provides a good "base" for whatever else you're doing with your hair.

Shine sprays:
I have to give it to Aquage Beyond Shine. This seems more like a can of hairspray (rather than your typical shine spritz or serum). It smells great and works great.

This isn't a shine spray, but I also used to use a spray called Surge Plus 14. It is supposed to make your hair thicker (I was balding around age 14 probably due to stress/depression) and I think it worked. Either use it on your scalp to achieve thicker hair, or use on your ends to help split ends. I dunno...people may be skeptical but its a unique product to try.

As far as flat irons and blow dryers go, I just use the ones I got from school. The blow dryer is a cheap white one, but hey it works. And it actually came with a diffuser (didn't know that a lot of b/d don't). I don't expect too much out of a blow dryer since i'm only drying my hair (I don't use the b/d to really style my hair).

The flat iron is...I don't know the brand. It's black and medium sized, with a comb attachment on the end of it. It's been working great for me, only I may have to replace it soon because its taking forever to heat up. I will just go for a Sedu or a Maxiglide though.

My hair is thick and kind of coarse, and its maybe 4 or 5 inches past my shoulders? ish?

nunu

i use tresseme shampoo and conditioner for dry hair. my hair is very dry and really curly. this shampoo helps tame it down and it also softens it.
i also use john freida's hair serum for coarse hair after washing my hair it's great leaves my hair soft ans shiny after flat ironing it.
after styling my hair i use john freida's secret weapon cream, i take a bit and just dab it on my hair and finally spray it with john freida's shine spray
smiles.gif
as you can tell i love john freida's products but tresseme is also really good!
i have black shoulder length dry hair.
hope this helps

Triskele

I have curlycurlycurlyCURLY (ringlets..when it's done right!) hair that's long (to the middle of my back!) and I use:

Shampoo: I have incredibly dry scalp, so I have to use head & shoulders. Oh the shame
ssad.gif

Conditioner: L'oreal Vive Pro smooth intense. If I have the cash, I get Nexxus Humectress

Styling: Paul Mitchell mousse if I can afford it, pantene curling mousse if I can't.

As long as I dry with a diffuser or don't touch it until it's dry, this combo turns my hair into beautiful ringlets! *^_^*

MissMcQueen

I think someone already suggested this but if you flat iron your hair Nexxus Heat Protexx Styling spray is really good and is only about $14. My hair is super dry so for a leave in conditioner I use Matrix Biolage (Daily leave-in tonic) Which is only about $20.

Bedhead1988

Shampoos... lanza healing color care shampoo, lanza healing moisure shampoo,lanza belong shampoo,lanza remedy shampoo,bumble & bumble thickening shampoo
Conditioners...lanza reconstructor,lanza healing moisure conditioner (my fave), wella SP power mask
Leave-in Conditioners... Lanza leave in conditioner, KMS Leave in blonde conditioner,Lanza spray in conditioner (discontinued)
Hair Treatment Masks...Lanza Trauma Treatment (enough said, its amazing)
Mousse...Lanza Bodyfying Mousse
Hairspray...swarzkopf Osis Freeze
Curling products...Tigi Curls Rock,Bumble & Bumble styling Lotion
Heat protection Products...Lanza thermal defence
Serums...swarzkopf Osis Magic
Texture Spray...Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray,Matrix Thickening Spray,tigi bed head Queen for a day thickening spray
Thickening Creams...Tigi bed head cocky,Tigi bed head superstar,
Pomade/gels/wax's....black & white wax,Dax,Tigi catwalk catfight,wella sp space jelly, wella sp jelly stripes
smiles.gif
sebastian Roxx, sebastian crude clay,sebatian bondage

i have lots more xxxx

V15U4L_3RR0R

Shampoos: Lush's Shampoo bars float my boat. But I'd quite like to get hold of some MOP and Ojon at some point.
Conditioners: American Cream by Lush. Smells yummy and makes my hair lovely and soft.
Leave-in Conditioners: Dove Leave in for coloured hair but Boots do a lovely leave in coconut spray too which I like.
Hair Treatment Masks: A Boots Organics one. It's got Olive oil in it and other things but I haven't used it in quite a while.
Mousse: Never used one.
Hairspray: VO5 do a really nice flexible hold one that I used to use all the time when I had long hair.
Curling products: Never used any because I've never cursed my hair.
Heat protection Products: I'm a bad girl and never used them. But I hardly ever straightened my hair when it was long so I never saw the point in buying one.
Serums: Frizz Ease all the way baby.
Gel: Goth Juice medium hold gel by Lush. This stuff is the business and leaves my hair feeling very soft afterwards. Oh and I have a little pot of REDKEN medium control stying wax too which I quite like but I use my Lush stuff more.

My hair is thick and straight and I have lots of it. But it's really short at the moment. I also bleach my roots every three months and then dye it using a veggie dye. I love crazy coloured hair. I also only wash it every 4-days so my hair is in good nick.

elegant-one

I can't use anything but Alterna brand any more. I just bought the new Alterna Seasilk shampoo & conditioner...made my hair shiny, silky and really have bouncy healthy hair.

You have to try Aquage Transforming Paste! After I style my hair, i rub a little blob of this in my hands and then take small sections of hair and lightly just run your hand from top to bottom of strand...this gives that very defined piecey look! Its especially great if you have frizzy, curly or out of control hair. Makes it super shiney too!

I have kinda thick long slightly layered hair...Victoria's Secret hair style
smiles.gif

mello

I have long hair, almost at my ribcage. It's fairly thick, but I get it thinned every so often. It's naturally wavy, dyed a copper brown with blonde underneath + random blonde chunks [two of them with purple stripes]. Yes, I dye my hair a lot. Haha. It's also got a bunch of layers in it. I straighten it almost everyday and blow dry it after everytime I shower.

Shampoo - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo
Conditioner - Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Conditioner
I love this stuff, it works great and smells awesome. The first time I used it I could feel a noticeable difference in the softness of my hair.
Hairspray - Tres Emme Ultra Hold
Add Shine - Got2b Shine Spray
Pomade - Joico Shine and Define Pomade

Misc products I use
Thermasilk Hairapy 24/7 Creme - Straighten Out
Thermasilk Hairapy 24/7 Creme - HydraTLC - I LOVE THIS STUFF SO MUCH, IT'S SO AMAZING. I dye my hair like crazy so I have tons of split ends and fried hair. I just dyed the underneath of my hair platinum blonde and it was FRIED. I used this stuff ONCE and my hair was SOFT and hydrated, it's AMAZING. At about 4$ per bottle, it's a cheap effective product.

JillBug

i recently got rid of all the makeup that i don't wear or like, or that was all used or dried up, etc and it has inspired me to do the same with my hair products. i basically want to start over and buy all new stuff, so i thought i would ask all of you what your favorites were!

basically i am looking for a good hairspray, products to style your hair curly and straight, shampoo and conditioner, and a product for volumizing.

and if you think there is something that i need that i haven't mentioned, then please feel free to share!

oh, and also i need a recomendation for a really good blowdryer that i can attatch a diffuser to since the one i have is starting to die on me...i got it at walmart for 20 bucks!

thanks!!!
-Jillian

stacylynne

This is my hair care regiment:
Loreal Professional Intensive care shampoo & conditioner (can only get this @ salons only)

After I towel dry I use CHI silk infusion, brush my hair, let me hair air dry & flat iron. If I use hairspray I use Sebastion or I'll use bed head after party.
I use a CHI flat iron & blow dryer - they're amazing products

sass000

I use the Devachan No-Poo Shampoo (only about 1 every week) and I alternate between the Devachan One Condition and Loreal's Vive Pro. I don't use hairspray but I do use Loreal's Studioline Tightly Wound spray gel. Once in a while, I will use the Devachan Angell hair gel just to change up a bit but that's about it.
smiles.gif

COBI

I actually just started using Wen Cleansing Conditioner.... I admit I saw it on an infomercial while I was home with the flu in February and got sucked in.

But I actually LOVE it and I have NEVER found a 2-in-1 that I even kind of like, so that makes this a pretty big deal for me.

As a point of reference, my previous/regular shampoos and conditioners are Pureology (until they watered it down), Thermafuse and Kevin Murphy; I mention these to point out that my normal haircare products are higher end and I still love the Wen Cleansing Conditioner (which runs about $28 if you just want to buy it at Amazon, for example.)

Sites for Wen:
http://www.chazdeanstore.com/
WEN® by Chaz Dean (good intro offer, this is the infomercial website, but you'll have to cancel "auto-ship" later... at least I do because I don't like auto ship programs personally) Limited to one scent; more scents at chaz dean or amazon.
Amazon.com: WEN Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner: Health & Personal Care Amazon listing for Chaz Dean store.

lainz

tigi s factor for heat styling..OMG i swear by this stuff

victoria's secret hairsprays and gels are amazing and smell sooo good. theyre great for adding volume to your hair and they actually work all day. check it out!!

hhunt2

I've got bangs and I hate it when I see chicks with oily or frizzy bangs (ew!)... my bangs best friend is Bumble and Bumble's Styling Lotion. Spray it on my wet bangs and blow dry it. Ta-Da! Perfect bangs.

Plus, I love Chi's Silk Oil Stuff (haha, forgot the full name). Its way better than BioSilk. It smells good and it makes your hair soft & smooth. And when you dont/cant wash your hair, use Oscar Blandi's Pronto Dry Shampoo Spray to refresh your hair. It smells great but it leaves a powdery look in your hair so you need to shake and comb out your hair.

Brittni

I heard Bed Head's root booster is great for adding volume.

Personally, I'm like you - I need to throw out all of my sold haircare products and start spending some good money for salon quality stuff.
greengrin.gif

Latest posts