Favorite Hair Products!

macchristyy

VOLUME: like what someone said.. tigi root boost. ALSO other good ones to check out if you dont want it in a hairspray form..
I LOVE..
-bed head cocky (thickening paste)
-bed head superstar (thickening blowdry lotion)
-bed head mastermind (pomade that gives great texture on the roots)
-bed head headbanger (spray wax)
THEY ARE ALL GREAT (i love bedhead
tong.gif
) AND BEST OF ALL, they ALLLL smell YUMMY! like so-fruity-you-wanna-eat-your-hair-gooood
lol.gif

shampoo: i just use pantine pro v since it works for me but i know there are a lot of haters when it comes to pantine pro v haha but i wanna try some bedhead shampoos too. i read some good reviews on control freak shampoo by bed head. its good for getting that straight look.

hairspray: bed head hardhead. gives great hold all dayyy

straightening iron: CHI.. its the best that i know of. ive also heard SEDU was good. go to folica.com (they have good reviews on everything)

for shine: bed head headrush it smells like grapefruit and it gives a good all over shine

split end mender: bed head ego boost its a leave in conditioner type cream and it makes your hair soft and helps with split ends

smoothing cream: bed head AFTER PARTY. i think everyone should own it. its the best i have used and from all these reviews i have read about it.. its the best for a lot of people

OH!!! AND FOR CURLY HAIR.. tigi catwalk curls rock. its a cream that makes curly hair less poofy and just PRETTY

i hope this helps!

macchristyy

oh and i think HHUNT means CHI silk infusion. ANOTHER GREAT PRODUCT! esp. if you straighten your hair. you put it when its damp and you blow dry OR air dry.. then straighten and it comes out sooo soft and silky. THAT ONE IS A MUST! how can i forget that one! one thing is just the smell. it smells like a manly cologne. thats why i love bedhead products more cuz they smell soooo yummy. but who cares. this CHI silk infusion stuff is great

..im a hair product whore i know haha

CantAffordMAC

I really like Iso. I'm using ISO HydraCleanse and HydraCondition shampoo and conditioner, and its awesome. they are a professional hair care line, but they are super inexpensive. I also looove ISO's dailyshape (i think thats the name) hairspray....awesome.

I love the Healthy Sexy Hair soy tri-wheat leave in spray....it smells great, detangles, and really makes the hair feel great.

I used to use the bed head split end mender....it was the only thing I needed. it made my hair wavy and soooo sexy....but then my hair changed and it doesn't work anymore
th_dunno.gif

I haven't tried this....butmy sister works at The Body Shop and they have this coconut oil (in the form of like a cream/pomade). She said everyone loves this...whether u just straightened your hair or if you want to wear it curly. They love it! I am going to buy some soon so i will tell you how I like it...

I love New Era Deep Conditioner. It might be a hard product to find, but its cheap and if you google it, it'll come up. It is so damn moisturizing and just....great!

As for blowdryers, I am looking for one myself. The only thing I can say is try to buy one that comes with a diffuser. A friend of mine at the salon has an old blow dryer with a different diffuser and while she's blowdrying clients the diffuser pops off and hits them in the head LOL. Its so hard finding a diffuser that fits your dryer....its just easier to get one that already comes with a diffuser. Good luck :)

JillBug

thanks everyone for all your suggestions!

macchristyy- i LOVE curls rock! i use it all the time. but i just bought a chi and it has made me want to straighten my hair all the time now, so i am definitely going to try out all the bedhead products that you mentioned!

CantAffordMAC- that coconut oil from the body shop sounds really good! if you give it a try let me know how it works out...i don't think i live close enough to a body shop to just try it out on a whim. and where do you buy the ISO products from?

and evryone else, thanks soooo much for your help! i am going to take a look at the products that you mentioned the next time i'm out shopping!

:]

babiid0llox

About TIGI curls rock...are you guys using the whole range or a specific product?

I find the leave-in conditioner pretty good but not the greatest but the curls rock amplifier
sick.gif
It makes my hair all crunchy and sticky and hard and just eeeewww. And I only put on a teensy bit
ssad.gif

macchristyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by babiid0llox
About TIGI curls rock...are you guys using the whole range or a specific product?

I find the leave-in conditioner pretty good but not the greatest but the curls rock amplifier
sick.gif
It makes my hair all crunchy and sticky and hard and just eeeewww. And I only put on a teensy bit
ssad.gif

yeah i use the curl amplifier. i love it. it doesnt turn out all gross and crunchy on me. it actually makes my curls more manageable and soft. i put a teeny bit only and i have thick hair so that might be it. my hair is also naturally curly so i put it on when its wet and it dries nicely but i still have to add a little bit more like a pea size to smooth out the top layer and im then im good!

hope this helps with your problem
thmbup.gif

Starbright211

If you have the money to spend, get you a CHI blow dryer, I have waist length hair... lots of it, and it blow dries all my hair in about 6 to 7 minutes. My previous blow dryer was a Conair, it took about 25 minutes to get all my hair dry.

JillBug

babiid0llox- i use the cream and the spray...but i use it when my hair is wet. and like macchristy, my hair is also thick and curly so that may be why it works well for us.

Starbright211- thanks for the suggestion! i will look into buying that. my hair takes about the same amount of time to dry, so getting it done in 6 or 7 minutes would be AMAZING! do you happen to know if it comes with a diffuser that you can attatch to it?

Starbright211

Yes it came with the diffuser. I have the Chi Turbo, which is the red one, but they have several others on the Farouk website. I actually got mine off ebay a little over 2 years ago, it still works perfectly. (I think the seller was a salon of some sort) I decided that if it ever gave out, that I would definitely spend the money for another one.

florabundance

Hair products you LOVE

Just as a contrast to the other thread of crappy products - consumers, stylists, hairdressers, which product do you absolutely adore and why??

Another reason for this thread is that i'm yet to find anything that i love

COBI

Re: Hair products you LOVE

Two of my current faves:
Kevin Murphy's Resort Hair: This is a great "beach-y" hair product (gel-like in consistency) that adds luminosity and "salt-y" hair look without the dirty feeling texture of other beach hair salt sprays.

KMS Hair Play Hyper Paste: This, for me, is a great gel meets molding product that works great for creating and separating pieces without the stiff feel of other molding products that I've used. The consistency is more gel like than paste and has a bit of tackiness. When I want to cut down on the tackiness even more, I add a drop of jojoba oil which reduces the tackiness a bit and adds a little more shine.

I'm looking for a good hairspray, but I want it both ways: LOTS of hold with not a lot of stiffness.
smiles.gif

LMD84

ok here are hair products that i LOVE and cannot do without!

matrix sleek look range! i love all of it! the deep conditiooning mask is amazing! and i love the smell of the heat protecting spray and the lock in spray is wicked! my hair never frizzes when i use this! just don't use too much!

vo5 hot oil treatments! i use one every 10-14 days and it makes a massive difference to the condition of my long/highlighted hair

bed head ego boost leave in conditioner. smells great and does the job!

florabundance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
matrix sleek look range! i love all of it! the deep conditiooning mask is amazing! and i love the smell of the heat protecting spray and the lock in spray is wicked! my hair never frizzes when i use this! just don't use too much!

i was so considering the matrix curl life (?? i think that's the right name) range! i've heard lots of good things

LMD84

i haven't used any of the curl range of matrix however i've used the sleek range and colour protect range and some of the biolage range and don't have a bad word to say about any of it! and i've used some pretty crappy hair stuff in my time!!! i think matrix is good value for money and it lasts ages because i don't need to use as much of it as i did other brands!

pumpkincat210

Matrix is a really good line I think too.
I also really like Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Shampoo. For conditioners I like the Ion kind you can get at sally beauty and also the hask hair placenta(sounds gross, but it works), both are heavy enough to show less damage and restore the way the hair cuticle lays but also clean rinsing so it doesn't leave anything behind that weighs the hair down.

talste

Sebastian potion 9 - wearable treatment.
My HG hair product, I first started using it about 5 years ago and its one of those products you take for granted until you run out or try another brand. as a leave in treatment nothing else compares to it.

I'm also liking Joico K-Pak at the moment but have only just started using it so haven't made up my mind on that one yet.

hooxxknew

i keep it drugstore style. with all my MAC addiction there's really no room for expensive hair products. lol. tresemme shampoo's/ conditioners. and herbal essences "long term relationship" leave in conditioner. ;D

clslvr6spd

I switch it up between shampoos and conditioners every 3 or so months with, Paul Mitchell Original, Redken Blonde Glam, Matrix Sleek Look, & Pureology Pure Volume or Hydrate System.
I use Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum, Redken Guts, KMS Silksheen gloss spray, & Kenra Perfect Medium Spray. I really love Joico's K-PAK Reconstructor & Redken's Extreme Protein treatment.
I am also looking to play around with Pureology's styling line.
But those are my HG hair products.
yes.gif

I use almost all of this stuff on clients as well.

I just recently picked up KMS Flat Out Hot Pressed Spray. I hear nothing but praise for it.
(KMS California Flat Out Hot Pressed Spray is a working spray created for use with blow dryers and flat irons to straighten curly or wavy hair. Protects from heat of thermal tools.)

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_mallory
I LOVE Redken Butter Treat deep conditioning treatment.
smiles.gif

I just bought this last week...so far I really like it!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts