Favorite Nars Blush for Pale-Skinned People!

Forestans

Code:
I am also very fair and have a more of a neutral tone but can get a bit red from chemical peels temporarily, and LOVE Taos! I'm never really got into the hype of orgasm. I have three of them because nars always puts their baby in the spotlight of every palette.. Orgasm, a sheer orangey-lightly peachy blush.. Meh.

Dominique33

Douceur, Sex-Appeal, Angelika, Gaiety maybe ? Sex Appeal is very very soft indeed, soft peach blush I think it's perfect for pale skins. Douceur is discontinued I fear ( ? ), Angelika and Gaiety are much brighter, lovely pink blushes but the softest of all is Sex Appeal.

Forestans

I just have to say that Sex Appeal is so light even on fair skin! But my method of application is for natural glow during the day and Sex Appeal is perfect for that because it is a matte base adding that little bit of flush. I always have to add a bit more color after use so I blend just a tab, just a tab (again) of Gina, Day Dream, Taos or if I'm feeling really confident for a evening advent, Taj Mahal. Yes Taj Mahal on fair skin! I believe with fair skin, a big mistake is over contouring and also another what I refer to as 'mono shading' of using too much light and beige colors that can wash out a fair complexion. Personally one of the best attributes fair skin beauties have is they can rock any shade, tone, or intensity of blush and lip colors. I'm not saying contouring is bad, but is way over done with some fair beauties making a muddy and ruddy. I rather skip a few meals, bite the insides of my cheeks and smile for a natural contour. I bet some people are reading this and thinking - clown. but placed properly and blended, shades like Taos, exhibit a, seduction and Taj Mahal can look so natural and elegant on fair skin. People with uneven texture, enlarged pores, excessive oil sheen really need that matte base to stick to the skin, then layer a bit of a shimmer blush will look so much more radiant.

Forestans

For 8 years I thought the same. But after graduating my skills in makeup, I found being in a natural light setting, on camera, in the office where they have those awful beam lightenings, I noticed by applying more intense blushes first, then perfecting a base complexion - buffing into the blush, not only do I save on product and time, but my complexion was so much more glowing, vibrate and radiant to all these different settings. Light blushes and eyeshadows wash out a fair complexion.

MandyVanHook

I just uploaded a Nars blush collection video on YouTube for those of you who are interested. I do swatches of 20 Nars blushes. I'm NC/NW 15-20 for reference. The link is in my signature.
heart.gif

Maris Crane

I'm NW10ish.

NARS Sex Appeal - I think this is especially pretty paired with Orgasm. SA right along the cheekbone, and O on my apples.
Dolce Vita & Sin in the fall/winter.
Penny Lane - discontinued, of course. Honestly, though Stila Lillium is similar enough on me, but lacks the shimmer and depth of PL. Also, I find Lillium stays pinker whereas PL pulls a smidge warmer on me.
Deep Throat.

I also think a lot of fair people should check out Irresistiblement bronzer. Laguna looks kind of muddy on me, but I've hit pan on Irresistiblement. It's more of a summer bronzer for me, but this, with a Real Techniques Multitask brush & DT is practically HG.

DaphneWoods

I am about an NW5 when mixed. I adore Orgasm, Deep Throat, Gaity, and highlight with Copacabana illuminator (I use that on the top of my cheekbones and on my cupid's bow daily).

SassyPeach

I love Sin, Madly and Deep Throat. Orgasm is overrated imo. I wanted to love Sex Appeal but it really doesn't show up on my skin. For reference I'm an NC20.

makeupmonster

Douceur all the way for my very pale, warm toned skin. :D Not a hint of sparkle or shimmer, but doesn't look flat either. Beautiful color.

javadoo

I'm NW20 and I love Taos, Dolce Vita, Mounia(stunning), Crazed, Orgasm & Deep Throat. Oh...Oasis and Outlaw are beautiful too.
I tried Mata Hari and hated it....very chalky looking on me. Instead I use 413 BLKR which is amazing and very spring-y looking.
I also have Taj Mahal, Gina, Sin (which I am wearing today), Exhibit A, Almeria, Angelika and Luster(which is GORGEOUS).
I love every color NARS blush that I have-every single one. If I hate it, I return it.
I would have to say my absolute favorites are: Sin, Dolce Vita, Mounia, Taos & Luster.

I do tend to lean towards the darker colors and adjust my application. I'm not a big fan of light blushes.

xochtl

I'm a C1 in mac and I really like Nars deep throat. However, I also like Almeria, which is VERY pigmented! I just pick up a little bit with a stipple brush and blend a lot.

Gabriella24

recently I am loving sex fantasy a lot. It gives so dreamy youthful look.
i am nw15 or nc20 if I wanna look less pink :p

javadoo

I have tried and tried to make Gina work for me...and it just doesn't. It's not flattering on me at all. I have no idea why. I am NW 20-NW 25. So, I'm sending it back. It stinks, I really wanted to love it, especially because my name is Gina :(

Gabriella24

It stinks, I really wanted to love it, especially because my name is Gina
ssad.gif
I think Gina might be too warm for a cool toned skin girl like u;) If you truly wanna try blush on peachy orange side, probably illamasqua's lover can be cute ...tho off topic....

javadoo

Ok wait-doesn't NW mean neutral warm? Or do I have something backwards? I am warm toned, not cool toned. At least that's what the MUA told me...I have yellow tones. I wear Gobi in Nars foundation. Anyways I will definitely take a loom at your recommendation! Thank you!

shellygrrl

Staff member
Ok wait-doesn't NW mean neutral warm? Or do I have something backwards? I am warm toned, not cool toned. At least that's what the MUA told me...I have yellow tones. I wear Gobi in Nars foundation.
NW does mean neutral-warm, but in MAC world, NW = pink undertones, while NC = yellow undertones, going by the colour wheel, wherein red/pink is warmer than yellow. Every other company has it the other way round (cool = pink undertones; warm = yellow undertones). Meanwhile, lately I've been wearing Sex Fantasy more often than Sex Appeal (which I'm still into as well).